Something is wrong with duels.

Discussion in 'General Gameplay Discussion' started by Talathionwins, May 25, 2014.

1. Talathionwins Active Member

They seem to be following PvP rules now instead of PvE rules, except procs and stuff still work. This utterly ruins the entire experience for me.

The open world followed PvE rules, always had even for duels. PvP rules in duels now RUINS it.
  2. Milliebii Well-Known Member

Apparently Talathion no longer wins, at least not with the new ""corrected"" duels.
  3. Talathionwins Active Member

My heals healing me for 0.1% in PvP and 4% in PvE is a bit ridiculous. They should not be split in duels because they still use plenty of PvE things like procs.

When did they mess with duels?
  4. Rotherian Well-Known Member

Perhaps the PvE things that still happen in duels are the bugs. Since dueling involves one player fighting against another, the PvP ruleset is the one that makes the most sense - provided that one chooses to use logic*.

* If one chooses otherwise, then one's mileage may greatly vary. ;)
  5. Milliebii Well-Known Member

They (the new team) probably changed it because to them the old way of treating it as a PvE activity seemed incorrect to them. They regard something that involves one player attacking another player as PvP (player versus player). While it seems logical on the surface, even I (who has never dueled in EQ2) regard it as unnecessary change to something that has worked that way (duels as PvE) for as long as I can remember.

As to when it changed I have no idea, as I said before I have never dueled in EQ2.
  6. Talathionwins Active Member

It majorly unbalances some of the classes in favor of others in dueling. Since PvE Procs/Heals are still able to be done in the game your still being hit for 440k from a single piece of gear. I actually seriously think this is a bug because for the longest time its always healed me for full. Damage is still reduced slightly in duels but its always followed PvE rules. However yeah, of course I don't like it, Zerker heals in pvp are absolutely worthless because they gutted them lol, unlike most classes that is.
  7. Charlice Well-Known Member

^ unlimited giggles
    thank you.
  8. Talathionwins Active Member

When did they correct the duels anyways?
  9. Charlice Well-Known Member

I thought they did stuff with procs in PvP a while ago now. I've not PvP'd since I've been back though, so not sure.
  10. Kaedian66 Active Member

You used the terms "sense" and "logic" in a Talathion thread.
    You are hereby disqualified.

Good day sir.