Some Shard of Love screens (edited: grr resolution trouble)

Discussion in 'History and Lore' started by ARCHIVED-DistortionII, Aug 29, 2009.

1. ARCHIVED-DistortionII Guest

*****Spolier, DONT look if you DONT want to see*****

So we went trotting through the shard of Love on test, heres a few Screens.. more will follow when im not so busy later.
    Bah photobucket hates me. So anyways heres a few. But theres alot of text from different stories from the questgivers. heres just a few bits.
    [IMG] [IMG]
    [IMG] [IMG] [IMG]

2. ARCHIVED-betatester7 Guest

Epic Drama! we need more info!
  3. ARCHIVED-Cusashorn Guest

I'm not gonna take this for an answer. We'll find a way to bring her back.

Gentlemen. We have the technology. We can recode her!
  4. ARCHIVED-pookie9981 Guest

OOOOO IGET TO STAND NEXT TO MY GOD KICCCCKKK ASSSS ;P
  5. ARCHIVED-betatester7 Guest

Devs! It's Erolissi! she deserves being clothed in her eternal sleep!

"Get away from me! You do not know what dangers you play with" Please leave me alone to my sadness
    I cannot take anymore EROLLISSSSIIIIIIII! NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO! <anime tears T_T>

Father and Farhom Lord, forgive me! Sorrow and anger had blinded mine eyes to reason, but these mortals, in a moment of valor, have opened them.

I had justified keeping her here, for so long. But the truth is I was weak <sobs>
    I did not have to give yourself in my place, dear sister, but I should have expected no less from love.

You foiled a heinous plan conected by Hate, thus robbing them of one success, while I had foolishly handed them another.

I allowed your death to distract me from my own plane and from getting involved in the erupting struggles.

Forgive me <face palm>

Just as these mortals released me from the cage of your death...I now release you from yours! <uses a tool to open the coffin>

May your essence find its final resting place, be it in this existence or another, my dear sister.
    <takes a sample of her blood to make a clone>

I must now return my attention to Valor".
    - Mithaniel Marr
  6. ARCHIVED-Mary the Prophetess Guest

Devs! It's Erolissi! she deserves being clothed in her eternal sleep!
    Indeed! [/Takes cloak and covers the lifless form]
  7. ARCHIVED-Xalmat Guest

On a side note, Erollisi's...ahem, wardrobe, is being addressed by the devs.
    Now as for the plot...

So much for Erollisi returning as a Goddess you can worship.
    But what could have killed Erollisi? The obvious being that comes to mind is Theer the Godslayer. But isn't he still trapped in the Void? Could it have been Innoruuk all along?
    It sounds like the Plane of Valor is now in trouble. But since Mithaniel himself says it's a plane and not a shard, I suspect it's still in tact...for now.
    Is it my imagination or does Mithaniel Marr look more like he did in EQ1? His Avatar looks nothing like him.
  8. ARCHIVED-Cusashorn Guest

Xalmat wrote:
    Thats because avatars are Mortals blessed with divine powers of their god.

Innoruuk is the one behind this. The How isn't explained, but the Who is fairly obvious.

I don't see any reason why Mithanial Marr can't impart on the Elemental Gods to restore Erollisi, or even do it himself. After all, His existance was in danger in the past. Cazic and Terris Thule trapped and imprisoned him. They planned on killing him after long periods of torture, but at the last moment he split his essence into two and sent them to Norrath.
    The first half of his essence went to the Frogloks in Innothule Swamp (not the Guktans. That came much much later on.)

The 2nd half was literally impregnated inside Erollisi Marr, who was walking around and exploring Norrath at the time. She gave birth to him and brought him back to life.

Now, other than the whole "Mithanial isn't female so a literal rebirthing couldn't work" thing, I don't see why he can't. He's recovered his power from the last 500 years, so it's not like he's still in a weakened state.
  9. ARCHIVED-AzSkyDragon Guest

When I did this on test after my initial darth vader nooooooo at seeing her dead was "come on you are the god of paladins toss a planar rez."
    This expansion has been really depressing as far as lore goes. Void invasion pans out perfectly for Anasthi, even being defeated just pops her back with all new void powers and a super grudge to kill or dethrone a good god. Theer is waiting around the corner with death and destruction? And now E marr is gone. I am really hoping we can get her back or at least not have her killed off in the lore, this is a big downer for my paladin. Ever since Febuary I've been set to go kick some Inny butt and defend Love and Valor. The Evil gods are unbalanced as it is; either she needs to be reformed or we need a new person to step up and take the reigns. Rodcet did it so it's clearly possible to fill a space in the pantheon.
  10. ARCHIVED-Kander Guest

Mary the Prophetess wrote:
    Its a bug, its being fixed. Or was fixed, just needs to be patched to test.
  11. ARCHIVED-Leko Guest

I was promised that there would be kittiens and poines for me to kill in the shard of love.
  12. ARCHIVED-Zabjade Guest

Kander wrote:
    On that note could we fix the nude look ;p
  13. ARCHIVED-Jaranna Guest

If Erollisi is permanently dead, that is a huge bummer to me. I was wholly excited when I read in the preview that "Erollisi Marr's influence is felt once more in Norrath." How can her influence be felt if she is dead?
    I have a character that would love to worship Erollisi. No other god in the pantheon fits her story. Erollisi needs to be a deity choice in the game.
  14. ARCHIVED-Kamimura Guest

I dunno.. for some reason I just don't think she's gone for good.. :p
  15. ARCHIVED-Cusashorn Guest

Sorako@Crushbone wrote:
    I'm not going to acknowledge that she is.
    It may be true that Erollisi never actually played a part in most of the biggest events that have happened in Norrath's History, nor has she ever shown up in game other than as a puppet in the old Plane of Mischief, but the fact of just being who she is has made her a MAJOR influence in the lore of this game. She NEEDS to be in the game, as a fully living god. There simply is no other option.
  16. ARCHIVED-MadTexan3 Guest

Cusashorn wrote:
    I'm not going to acknowledge this door in front of me, and by doing so I'll be able to pass right through it! *bashes head on a door that's obviously still there*
  17. ARCHIVED-Rainy Guest

I think the text is that when Erollisi died, Mith marr, in his sorrow, entombed her in the coffin. when we slap him around a bit and get him back to his senses..he lets her essence free of the coffin. he even states 'may your essence find rest, in this realm or another.' So i'd guess her essence could reform on the plane like the other gods did even when we whooped them in thier own planes in PoP.
    I'd hope that she'd return, potentially as a worshipable god. but I also wouldn't be surprised if she makes a 'surprise enterance' in a Valor instnace where we go to help mith avenge her.
  18. ARCHIVED-Mary the Prophetess Guest

I am confident that the end of the story is not given away at the beginning of the story. We will see Erollisi return from her entombment, (with our help of course). That is the theme of the update. My guess is that she will be a worshipable goddess at the end as well.
  19. ARCHIVED-Wilde_Night Guest

Also, the gods are not the be all, end all of their particular realm of power. Erolissi is "dead", yet love still occurs all around Norrath. If Innoruuk was killed off, hate would still be felt. We felt it when they were gone. We don't need them. They need us.
    Now... in game my Inny High Priestess won't acknowledge the above fact. LOL. But from an audience perspective, it's true. ;)
  20. ARCHIVED-Urgol Guest

So to clear that out, gods are no more then parasites feeding off your emotions. And pretty much anyone can become one, see mayong.