Some returning Noob questions

Discussion in 'Lore and Legend Discussion' started by Recluse4, Feb 28, 2022.

1. Recluse4 New Member

I haven’t played since launch in ye olden times, but I always wanted to come back to EQ2 and explore and experience the lore. I loved EQ1 and was a Norrath nerd.

I made an SK and spent a day making my hotbars, macros and ability rotations, and I’m ready to go experience some content.

1 - Is it easy to get enough money to function just by killing things? Or only questing?

2 - Are most dungeons solo/molo-able? How does content scaling and difficulty work?
    I went into Tower of Frozen Shadow and was getting one shot by mobs. I really want to experience the dungeons and nostalgia locations from EQ1 but don’t see myself grouping much, so that might not be possible?

3 - How and when do I get a mercenary? Should I get a damage/caster or healer? With a healer, could I solo dungeons?

Thanks!
  2. Pharliquin Member

Hello and welcome back. That a lot of questions. Most number related things exit my head pretty much upon entry. So hopefully them stat folks will chime in.

Money- You can claim a money bag from Loyalty merchant on Qeynos harbor dock and also freeport docks. think it a couple hundred plat for 5 or 7 tokens. You can earn tokens daily by completing 2 of the task that are usually at top of quest log in right corner of screen. You can also sell everything you loot including the loot gear- It seems to drop fairly consistently so you will get more.

Dungeons- It would make sense that while we are able to go anywhere at any time- It is likely the zones and dungeons closest to equaling our level will require some upgrading of both gear and spells. That being said I would suggest Dungeons, Questlines and Zones say 50-60ish and below- Just to get going and get feet under you.

Mercs-can be grabbed at any time, you will find most of them off the Freeport and Qeynos docks (they show up on map) there are a few that can be had other ways- Kenny-mystic hybrid must be located somewhere in Nek forest. Matri Dut, scout type (can track?) must be found in Stonebrunt Highlands. If have 10 or 11 (I forgets) year vet award can /claim and hire Lady Croae or Lord Valkiss- these are Pally/Sk-crusaders. All mercs have a recurring fee to keep up and if have more then one- You either have to pay station cash to make permanent rehire or go to there location and rehire from there. Dismissing keeps current Merc in que.

There is a quest trail path, called The legend of Roger Goldie Timeline. Not exactly one quest but it does send you in a loose order through zones, where you pick up storylines and such. If wish to check it out go see Ole man Silvers in Butcherblock.

Lastly Wiki is our friend- Pick a zone or expansion and pretty much guarantee there is a timeline/storyline Sig Quest or Such to learn the lore of the Zones.

Heritage Quest are EQ2s way of reconnecting to EQ- These take time and often group help but early ones can be Molo'ed or ask for help in chat with a step.

Have Fun!!!
    Jaden, Proto12 and Denmum like this.
  3. Kenn Well-Known Member

1 - Money is easier to get on this server because the drop box gear sells to the vedor for around half a plat.

2 - Tower of Frozen Shadow is hard and you can solo some of the dungeons (maybe not in the tower), but they will be slow.

3 - You can get a merc when you get enouh money to hire one, I think it is 5 gold. With a healer, you might be able to solo a dungeon, it would be slow.
    Siren likes this.