Some questions for the monk class...

Discussion in 'Monk' started by ARCHIVED-ToxicMan, Feb 5, 2006.

1. ARCHIVED-ToxicMan Guest

I've just started playing again, so i'am wandering around the forum here to try to find the class i should play, i think my last playday was 15 november last year.

So i got some questions that i hope someone could answere.

How is the monk on sololing?

How is the dmg to the monk compared with the other classes?

Is the monk of any use in groupds/partys? if yes, whats his/her role?

How has the updates to EQ2 made the monk the past few months?

And, what do you like and dislike with the monks?
  2. ARCHIVED-Kichigai Daidoji Guest

ill answer your questions best i can
    hope that helps some, there are probably others that would be able to tell you more. i do know a bit about the class i have been playing since day 1 of the game, but casually. that and i left for SWG till the NGE destroyed it (im going to mention that as many times as i can because it upsets me)
    good luck
  3. ARCHIVED-ToxicMan Guest

Thanks for the great feedback =)
    Monks seems very intressting, and maybe this is the class i'am looking for.

Atm, Shadowknight, Wizard, Monk, Ranger and Necromancer is the classes i'am most intressted about.
    Anywat thanks again, and feel free to come with more replys =)
    Message Edited by ToxicMan on 02-05-200606:55 PM
  4. ARCHIVED-x0rtrunks Guest

There is a wealth of information right here.
    Monks are a great class, and are a lot of fun. Everyone should have a monk alt or main at least once. :p
  5. ARCHIVED-ToxicMan Guest

Yes i know, i've played a monk for about 2 hourse now, and it seems like this maybe be the class for me atlast for now.
    Really enjoying the class so far =)
  6. ARCHIVED-ToxicMan Guest

I'am certainl going to play as a monk, very funny class so far :D really think this is the class for me, i'am also going to have a Necromancer, because i found that class very cool to =)

So thanks for all the answere, really appricated them, and again feel free to come with more.
  7. ARCHIVED-ToxicMan Guest

How is the monk compared to his evil twin the Bruiser?
    Like in dmg/dps? in groups? which can take more dmg and so on?

Edit: And what is the main diffrences between these to classes?
    Message Edited by ToxicMan on 02-07-200603:43 PM
  8. ARCHIVED-x0rtrunks Guest

The differences are mostly in flavour. The bedate still rages which is superior. We are both so awesome that we may never know for sure.

Basically bruisers are supposed to be slightly more dps and slightly less tanking, and monks just the opposite. Though in general we're actually pretty equal in most regards.

We each get some very distinctive and useful skills that set us apart in our styles of awesomeness, but one thing is certain, we are awesome.
  9. ARCHIVED-Sslarrga Guest

In a group, a bruiser will have more burst dps, while the monk has more steady constant dps. In the long term it generally evens out all buffs being equal. Although a monk will generally pull more dps if mana becomes an issue which it rarely does in a group...

On raids, it doesn't matter who does more DPS because neither class can do maximum DPS without drawing aggro from the MT in a properly configured group. So both classes will generally do the same DPS when raiding unless one or the other is put into a more "dps" friendly group.

Regards,
    Croaker
    Message Edited by Sslarrga on 02-08-200601:35 AM
  10. ARCHIVED-ToxicMan Guest

I'am back again, and i want to know what ppl think about the monk class now? and new changed which have happend over the last months?
    How is a monk in PVP?
  11. ARCHIVED-ToxicMan Guest

12. ARCHIVED-saubertounito Guest

Monk is probably the best good race pvp toon at 70, as long as you go str line. Just remember to raise your disease and magic resists as they are the two most important resists for a gaynosian.
    I personally went monk at first (Naggy) but because their fist animation fighting is [expletive haxx0red by Raijinn] (imho, gg surfboard fighter) I made a bruiser on vox. Bruisers look more "kewl" in my opinion otherwise I would have stayed with monk.