Some of us are NOT rushing to the endgame

Discussion in 'General TLE Discussion' started by Muffincookie, Aug 22, 2022.

1. Muffincookie Active Member

Im one of those that do not want to rush to the endgame. I enjoy taking my time and make alts, do some grouping and questing. Id like to hear who else enjoys doing it his way.

What is the fun in running? You will only end up having nothing to do and get bored.
    Karioki, Breanna, Pantero and 7 others like this.
  2. idunno125 New Member

#LETHERSPEAK
    Jaden and Sunlei like this.
  3. Maviarab Active Member

I hear you, I had many years away....deleted my main, remade her, boosted her to 120 (had it from xpac)...still not got around to doing VoV yet lol...
    Breanna and Sunlei like this.
  4. Sunlei Well-Known Member

You hear from me. I like taking my time, roam around & let the game time evolve on it's own. On the other hand sometimes I do have fun being on a great team, try my best & strive to be 'first'. Have to say never been bored with eq, to me there's always something to do.

Many guildies/friends are veryyy competitive, they've had enough of the current zones, finished their BIS items long ago. When they start to say they're bored, can't wait for next expansion, set up as many quests as they can for next expansion...to me it feels as if they're bored of me like I am just a NPC in their world.... different play styles and thank the gods eq is a game -we can turn it off if needed ::)
  5. Fikkif Member

If only your type were the majority, then they'd never need expansion packs. Everyone would happily be playing EQ2 Original and nothing would ever change. Darn, why can't we all just not want anything, then it'd be so much better.
  6. Zenji Well-Known Member

The problem here is you insinuate it has to be one or the other. You can rush to end game and also enjoy making lots of alts, lots of grouping and questing.
    Maviarab likes this.
  7. Geroblue Well-Known Member

I'm not interested in endgame. Mid-range is interesting though.
    Breanna and Aterskia like this.
  8. Sprok Active Member

What do you mean rushing? It took me less than a week to level not using xp potions, and just questing and doing some random easy group dungeons. I'm running out of content not rushing.

I've been basically crawling on this server and I'm running out of **** to do. Guess I'll just cut my arms off before DoF so I don't "end up having nothing to do and get bored." Maybe playing with only my face will make the limited content take long enough.
    Jaden and Zenji like this.
  9. Sprok Active Member

These "slow down and smell the roses" posts tilt me so hard every TLE.

I HAVE SMELLED ALL THE ROSES THERE ARE NO MORE ROSES TO SMELL
    Beneeto, Jaden and Zenji like this.
  10. Geroblue Well-Known Member

I just don't see how I could go from first level to 100th adv level that fast without using a leveling token.
    Breanna likes this.
  11. Jesaine Well-Known Member

MY take here: Play the way you want. There's no ONE right way to play the game.

What irks ME personally is the smug sense of superiority from anyone who has to go out of their way to point out how they're doing it the right way. Doesn't matter if it's speed runners, farmers, RPers, raiders, completionists, whatever...
  12. MightyMeaghan Well-Known Member

13. Aterskia Active Member

habin' tekin' long road, me'es knoe benefits uhv said jornee.
    wun LEARNS skills dat neber be's taught uhv wif rushen!:confused:
    doez skills be'es heps inna awl parts uhv Norrath. {it do be's annoy me's dat so few skills ARE made use uhv; i.e. targeted jumping}
    it be'es cetain,.. OTHERS dat makies dat "EndGame Carrot" seem likies it be'es soooooo tasties,... if ohnee,.. yu's,... culd git it,...
    and dem sam OTHERS gladly takies YU'S MONEY makin' yu's tink yu's might git said Carrot.[read: Pay to Win]:mad:
    is be's sam empty illusion, yu's left empty,
    and dey walkies to bank counting platinum coins,...

now.
    KNOE'in dis,
    wun kin plan akordinlee, an' see'es dat much benefit along path,:cool:
    jis gots toos be moobin slow 'nuff to REKOGNYZ:eek: an' den akquire. :)
    Jaden likes this.
  14. Aterskia Active Member

so, Norrath ohnee gots "Roses" an' no uhver flowering plant available to schmell? an' ohnee WUN species of Rose[read: color of bloom].o_O
    huh. gis i's see's yu's point,... if ohnee wun flower, den, yeah,...:rolleyes:
  15. Sprok Active Member

This is the TLE section of the forum. We're in T5. Level cap is 50.
    Beneeto likes this.
  16. TheGreatGatsby Active Member

Bruh, the level cap is 50.
    Beneeto likes this.
  17. Geroblue Well-Known Member

Okay, I still don't see how I can get to 50 in one day. I have gotten to 20 adv level in one day.
    Breanna likes this.
  18. Spectre Active Member

I got 50 the first day... Not hard with POTs and a static group.

However... You are the one paying to play. Level at your leisure.
    Arielle Nightshade and Dude like this.
  19. Arielle Nightshade Well-Known Member

I've played since launch, but am at this point semi-casual. Recently, I woke up one early morning and couldn't sleep. I rolled a necro, leisurely strolled through DLW for about 30 mins, got in a Wailing Caves group, popped an XP potion, which in about an hour turned into a Fallen Gate Group - then in another hour headed to Ruins of Varsoon. I was level 35 when I finally went to sleep 3.5 hours later - and finished leveling up in the evening after work the next day. It was not at all difficult. What was hardest was making sure I had even the minimum of gear/spells to deal with where we were since we'd leveled so fast. Also, socially, trying to explain to friends that no, I did not have a character I was hiding from them on - this had happened very fast.

In a lot of cases you can get through WC and FG wearing a paper bag with Apprentice level spells, but by the time you get to Cazic Thule, for the sake of your group, you should probably take it a little more seriously and at least have current level gear.

I wasn't rushing at all - it just fell out that way. If I'd started even late morning after sleeping in and having coffee, I'd easily have leveled from 1 - 50 in one day, with the caveat I'd need to have a group.
  20. Zenji Well-Known Member

I don't see how a person trying to level, couldn't get to 50 in one day. Like you would have to intentionally make decisions with the purpose to slow down your leveling.

Now before I get roasted by all the stop and smell the flowers crowd, I am not saying anyone is wrong for not leveling to 50 in one day. Play how ever and doing what ever you little hearts desire.
    Arielle Nightshade likes this.