Some general housing questions from an returned newbie

Discussion in 'Tips, Tricks, FAQs, and New Player Discussion' started by Khieran, Jul 5, 2018.

1. Khieran Active Member

The only times I played before, it was on a PvP server, so I never really messed with housing. As a result, this is new to me after all these years.

All my alts have "Trustee" access to my prestige house. Can they put items in that house? If I do, I have some questions:

1 - if later on, I pack up and move the house, do those items go with it? Or do they return to the alt?

2 - if I forget those items are in there and eventually delete the character to free up a character slot, what happens to those items?

3 - is there a way to get crafting stations in your house, other than the elaborate ones you can buy from the City merchant for about 10x more status than I have on all my characters combined? :)

4 - an alt with trustee access tried to use the broker board in my house and was not able to buy anything - just browse. Is there any way I can set it so they can buy from that board as well?

5 - is there any way to access a banker from your house? Other than the "house vault".

Thanks!!
  2. Katz Well-Known Member

All my alts have "Trustee" access to my prestige house.

Can they put items in that house?

Yes, anyone with trustee status can place and remove items.

1 - if later on, I pack up and move the house, do those items go with it? Or do they return to the alt?

They go with the house.

2 - if I forget those items are in there and eventually delete the character to free up a character slot, what happens to those items?

If you delete, you lose the house contents. You should move everything out before you delete. I have a checklist to follow when I delete (check bank, bags, houses, the house vault storage you access from the marketboard or door of your house, check claimable items, etc. Oh and mounts too! Some you can place into other houses for decoration.)

3 - is there a way to get crafting stations in your house, other than the elaborate ones you can buy from the City merchant for about 10x more status than I have on all my characters combined? :)

Yes, a couple of ways, there are ones you can get in Maldura for the currency you get doing the weekly crafting quests. Those are quite affordable. Also there are the temporary ones you can use either from your tradeskill aa points or bought ones from tinkerers.

4 - an alt with trustee access tried to use the broker board in my house and was not able to buy anything - just browse. Is there any way I can set it so they can buy from that board as well?

No, you can't change the broker board. I don't think my main house owner can buy things from the board either in my house. I'll have to check on that.

5 - is there any way to access a banker from your house? Other than the "house vault".

I don't know of anyway to access a banker from your house.

Edits: typos
    Khieran likes this.
  3. Khieran Active Member

Thank you!!
    Katz likes this.
  4. elflover Well-Known Member

The broker board in the housing is a browse only, either have to go to a broker, someones house and view their crates and/or be member and can open broker from eq2 tab. A no you cant access bank from your house. And the house vault is only for that one toon, each will have their own but only can open in a house they own, not even trustees can open. If you delete a character with items that belong to them and can only be picked up by them, they stay in that house unless owner moves contents but will never disappear just cant pick up into inventory and place somewhere else easily.
    Khieran likes this.
  5. Khieran Active Member

So even the market board owner can't buy from their own house? I thought I'd done that at one point...
  6. elflover Well-Known Member

Nope its just a window shopper sadly, annoying.
  7. Rosyposy Well-Known Member

My toons are able to open their own house vaults from bulletin boards in other toons' houses, and in the guild hall. I do it all the time. Also, if you are All-Access, use the Broker Anywhere function from your EQ2 menu or the slash command: /start_broker_anywhere

If you delete a toon that has placed an item in your main house, if and when you pack everything up, their items should move to the new house. Note that this only applies to the toon that owned the original house. You can't pack up Peter's old house and send the items to Paul's new house.
    Dude likes this.
  8. Khieran Active Member

I am All-Access... and I did not know that. I've been running to/from the broker way too much :(
    Tkia, Dude and Rosyposy like this.
  9. Rosyposy Well-Known Member

Now you won't have to! ;)
    Breanna and Dude like this.
  10. Khieran Active Member

Broker Anywhere feature is not enabled on Fallen Gate :(
  11. Katz Well-Known Member

I knew about broker anywhere and I still forget about it. /facepalm
  12. Dude Well-Known Member

That's why they say "knowing is half the battle." The other half is remembering!
    Katz likes this.
  13. Rosyposy Well-Known Member

Aww, bummer. Didn't realize you are on FG. :oops: