Some EQ2 Game Ideas

Discussion in 'General Gameplay Discussion' started by Seablade, Apr 30, 2014.

1. Seablade New Member

I started EQ2 when it came out and I've been a subscriber ever since.
    I didn't get to post any questions to the devs yesterday on Reddit, because, well, I was at work, so I'd like to post some ideas I have for EQ2 and get some feedback as to their viability and usefulness. I have no allusions to the simplicity of these ideas here. I'm just making some suggestions. I'm a software developer with 20+ years of experience and I can tell you that just because something "seems" simple, does not imply simplicity.

Anyway, here goes:

• Provide a way for a/all Tradeskill class(es) to create a "crate" that any player can use for boxing up items to be sold as a set.
      • You wouldn't necessarily want only one class to be able to create it nor have rare parts to make it either. This needs to be something that most can afford in large quantities without breaking the bank but perhaps not so cheap that no one makes them.
      • This concept is not new and is done quite frequently in-game and by the store to support purchasing "sets."
        • "Kelethin New Combine Leather Armor Crate" for example.
      • Give players this ability to create a "set" of merchandise.
      • You might need a limit to the number of items in a crate, such as 10 or less, or 15 or less.
      • Allow these "sets" to be sold on the broker. Once someone purchases the "set" of stuff, and "opens" the box, it disappears just as it does now.
        • The same rules would apply. You can create a "set" or "crate" of merchandise for yourself, but you cannot put it on the broker if any of the items have tags, such as NO-TRADE or HEIRLOOM that prevent an item from being sold.
      • This would also have an added benefit of solving some of the bank / inventory issues.
        • Instead of trying to support massive bags and bank boxes, a lot of the merchandise we don't want to throw away and destroy (such as quest items for quests that aren't complete yet), but are not sure how to store them because there are so many, can be "compressed" into a single "crate" and then stored in a single slot in the bag or bank box.
          • An example is the purchased power and health potions, or the potions that are granted from Tradeskill apprentices.
          • Another example is various quest items for quests you've not yet completed, but get in the way.
      • Like I said, this may not be possible due to way "crates" currently work, but it would be nice to have.

• Provide a way to easily move a large quantity of items from inventory to bank or guild bank without the tedious drag/drop of a single item.
      • This is the one sore spot with me. I hate doing anything with bags, banks or the like due to the sheer tediousness of it.
      • Instead of supporting this visually someway using a mouse, this one should be supported with a command.
      • Commands have the benefit of being able to be stored for later use and can be put into a macro so you could use a button to execute them.
      • Commands can also contain more information about the operation than you can with a mouse and clicking items.
      • The items can only be moved to empty slots, or slots where the same item is already present.
      • You could add a feature to support moving quantities, or just everything.
      • You would still need to be in a bank transaction to use these.
      • Example commands:
        • /moveinvitem "a flavorful berry" -b 1,25
          • Move the item named "a flavorful berry" from your bag to bank bag 1, slot 25.
        • /moveinvitem "a flavorful berry" -gb 2,25
          • Move the item named "a flavorful berry" from your bag to guild bank 2, slot 25.
        • /moveinvitem "a flavorful berry" -sb 3,25
          • Move the item named "a flavorful berry" from your bag to shared bank bag 3, slot 25
        • /moveinvitem 3,19 -b 2,25
          • Move the item in bag 3, slot 19 to bank bag 2, slot 25
        • /moveinvitem 3,19:30 -b 2,1
          • Move the items in bag 3, slot 19 through 30 to bank bag 2, starting at slot 1
        • /moveinvitem "a minotaur stomach" 4,19
          • Move the item name "a minotaur stomach" from its current location to inventory bag 4, slot 19
        • /moveinvitem 1,4:10 3:9
          • Move all items from inventory bag 1, slot 4 through slot 10 to inventory bag 3, starting at slot 9
      • These commands would also apply to banks, guild banks, and shared bank
        • /movebankitem …
          • For moving bank items to bags, guild bank or shared bank.
        • /movegbankitem …
          • For moving guild bank items to bags, bank or shared bank.
        • /movesbankitem …
          • For moving shared bank items to bags, bank or guild bank.
      • One of the things I've wished for a long time is the ability to "swap" items between bank and bags so I could customize what I carry with me when out and about.
        • Have the ability to swap items between bags, bank, shared bank, and guild bank when specifying the same range of slots

• It would be nice to be able to purchase, though the loyalty token merchant a potion that grants me an added percentage that any mob will drop an exquisite chest.
      • The cost can be high, such as 50 tokens so that it takes almost a whole month to get enough tokens together to use it (at 2 / day for All-Access members), although, the least cost the better, of course.
      • It can be good for say 6-12 hours like some of the other potions that grant xp.
      • They are "null" when grouped so they're only good for solo play or "molo" play with a mercenary.
      • The percentage can be within the range of 5-15% so that during that 6 hours of adventuring, you might get n chests, perhaps and perhaps 0.10n of them would be exquisite.
      • Make it an "All-Access" benefit only.
      • This is not pay-to-win as you purchase with loyalty tokens, so you must play regularly to get it and you must play for many days to get enough to have the benefit.
    These are just some ideas that have been floating around in my head.
    Any thoughts?

Thanks for reading!