Some classes cannot complete puppet quests

Discussion in 'Players Supporting Players' started by GrunEQ, Nov 8, 2015.

1. Juraiya Well-Known Member

I encountered this problem both yesterday and today. Yesterday I took a level 68 berserker to Baelon, and the first few fights with him I couldn't get the buff, even though I had hate from him. Of course my hate was never going to go above 1, not with all those level 100 fighters also in the fight. I didn't realize in the first fight that he hadn't gotten the buff, although I noticed it in the second. When I tried him a third time, I tried every single CA, and it was finally an AOE CA that got him the buff. Only then did he get the achievement.

Today I was trying Trak with a level 31 swash, and although I tried every single one of her abilities, none of them got her the buff, so she couldn't get that achievement. I have a higher level swash that had no problem.

So yes, there are definitely some classes - particularly at the lower levels - that don't have any skills that will allow them to get the buff on certain of the puppets. It's a bit frustrating, although I doubt they'll fix it for this year.
  2. Lasai Well-Known Member

Same with my 55 guard. I cannot get the buff on the 2 higher level puppets. No melee hits, all miss. Threats work but do nothing. Utter waste of time

Stupid that I have got cred for all on a 20 SK simply because she has spells.
  3. GrunEQ Well-Known Member

Ok, gonna try to find a sweet spot underneath. <crosses fingers>
  4. Finora Well-Known Member

That would not work. Trial characters can't put anything in the shared bank. I think they might be restricted on trading things as well but not 100%.

And I think most people posting here are trying to get the achievement, not tokens. If you want you can just farm Darathar and the Djinn master over and over for tokens.
    Enoibia likes this.
  5. Finora Well-Known Member

It works for higher levels because you have no problems hitting the monster. It's substantially more difficult for a level 20 (or even 64) level bruiser to hit a level 95 mob (like Baelon I believe) than it is for a level 100.

I'm afraid you are misunderstanding the issue. There is a buff one must get to get credit for the kills, you can't get that buff unless you manage to land a hit or at least get on the hate list. It has nothing to do with keeping taunt on the mob over some level 100 wizard or what have you. The biggest issue is the fact that some classes have no issue, others find it nigh on impossible other than the rare person piping up saying they got their low level <insert melee class here> by standing exactly in the right spot.

Even landing hits isn't giving some people the buff.
    Juraiya likes this.
  6. GrunEQ Well-Known Member

Ok, I did not find that one pixel area that you need to stand in under Theer or Baelon. This really needs to be fixed!
  7. Tetrol Well-Known Member

Find spot directly under fundamental orifice, stand on left foot, rotate clockwise, stab upwards and yell eureka four times.

Actually, you have to physically/magically damage the mob to get the buff going, and if you are too low a level and purely melee, it ain't going to happen. Hate meter doesn't count - I've had it at 100, no credit. Merc hits don't count, not sure about pet hits, but as pet classes have magic, they work anyway.

The amusing this is in that it took my level 20 ranger so long to kill Baelon (solo) with only two long recharge CA's, the buff was huge and the last few hits were massive - 10 digit damage numbers. Beware letting mercs that use aoe's loose on Baelon or the Djinn master as the aoe's pull in passing mobs.
  8. Tetrol Well-Known Member

I agree, but it doesn't work. Tried every ability I had, tried buying tinkered items and using them - no result, taunts raise the threat meter, but threat has nothing to do with it (had 100 threat, no credit).
  9. Cheallaigh Well-Known Member

soloed down trak, got a measely 5 credits on my 92 assasin. did djinn with my 43 channeler in a group and got 50. it's messed up.
  10. Zukira Member

I guess when the game comes up I'm just gonna have to make a temp bruiser and see if I can get it to get credit.
  11. Tetrol Well-Known Member

Another odd one - just completed it with a lvl 70 mystic - no troubles hitting Baelon with SOME spells, no chance with the aa point melee alternates. The odd bit was that on any of the puppets, the "Heroic Inspiration" buff did not amplify his power, so power management was a huge issue. Even Darathar required power management - it was therefore really slow, far slower than even level 14 mage classes.
  12. Aivet Well-Known Member

For fighter classes like guard, there is a way to get the buff running, assuming you're over level 10. If you have access to the dragon line of AAs (the one that came with ToV), add a point in the Ancient Advance AA skill (it's the second one down on the far right tree in the dragon lines). It adds damage to the threat CAs like Provoke. Then just spam the threat CAs, and when one lands, you'll automatically do damage and get the buff. I managed to get the credit for Baleon, Theer and Trakanon on my level 12 guardian that way.
    Enoibia, GrunEQ and Vainamoinen like this.
  13. GrunEQ Well-Known Member

Well I tried the talking to Roslyn and trying to find sweet spot underneath...no go.

I'll see if I can do something on the 50 Guardian with the AAs.
  14. Tetrol Well-Known Member

The aa trick works thankyou - I put all 10 into it as I figured there was a good chance I would be having to solo the mob using taunts only - and did so ok (hit, get the counter running - went and made a coffee, drank it, came back when the counter was in the hundreds and the damage was in the 100,000,000's to finish the mob off.

Edit - was lucky - the server came down about 1 minute later!
  15. GrunEQ Well-Known Member

OMG @Aivet Thank you sooo much!! :p It worked! it worked! it worked!
    Got my Guardian and Bezerker both done tonight, and plan to get the Bruiser done tomorrow. :cool:
    @Aivet do you have a toon on HoF?
  16. Tetrol Well-Known Member

Just got RT to finish the series thanks to this (lucky to get to Baelon with 2% health left and got a taunt to land first up) - had to solo RT using the two taunts which were resisted about 2/3 of the time - counter got to about 460, last hit "Your Enrage hits Roehn Theer for 3401721133 damage"
    Prissetta likes this.
  17. Aivet Well-Known Member

Excellent, glad to be of help. :)

Yes, Aivet's my toon on HoF.
    GrunEQ likes this.
  18. Enoibia Well-Known Member

Oh wow, thanks for this piece of advice Aivet. I can't wait to get in game tonight and try it out on my lvl 22 Guardian.
    GrunEQ likes this.
  19. Aivet Well-Known Member

Interestingly enough, it looks like there's a similar thing for scouts: the dragon aa line second from the right and second down adds damage to evade. I got credit for rohen theer on my 34 ranger this way.
    Juraiya, GrunEQ and Enoibia like this.
  20. Enoibia Well-Known Member

Yay! Thank you so much for the snippet of advice, Aivet. I have been able to get Trakanon, Roehn Theer and Baelon this evening with my lvl 22 Guardian!