Some changes to Dreams End(the new dreadcutter house)

Discussion in 'Norrathian Homeshow' started by binder, Dec 2, 2012.

1. binder New Member

First, I've been wanting a boat like this since you started housing. It's great!

A couple things I'd like you to change though. When you jump off the boat you get teleported at a certain level. Lets say for discussion sake, that level is 3 meters above the sea level. If you could change this level to 1 meter below sea we could add things down on the water like the cool SC boats.

Another thing I'd like is if you could change the midships starboard side cargo hold. If you break out and place a floor down there the cieling is too low. If you could move the floor down just a little bit it would add a whole other room for us to play with.

Again, thanks for the cool boat.
    Kithica, Guk server.

PS: it would be awesome if you added a boat in Freeport and Qeynos.
  2. binder New Member

The more I play around with this ship the more I like it.

I have some more thoughts on additions.

I think it would be very cool to add some things out in the ocean. A random whale pod or some gnomes passing by in a raft. Something other than rolling swells to look at.
  3. Bregdania Active Member

I'm loving this to decorate but I have to agree that it would be nice if the areas in the water could be utilized. I tried placing a ship alongside as I thought that would be kind of fun but there is no space. Also if the floor in the Hold area could be lowered so we had a little head room in there, that would be great - In fact if the entire ship area had it's usable area beneath, lowered we could actually create our own "below decks" rooms as well. Not that there isn't enough to decorate as is - it would just be neat to have the option.
  4. Kisy Active Member

Best Idea Ever! I could just see them with thier bucket helmets... stroke... stroke... BAM! as they blow up..... D A M N IT COGGSWORTH! /GURGLE GURGLE GURLE
  5. Bregdania Active Member

ROFL!!! The possibilities are endless - I'm looking forward to hearing peoples story lines to their ships :)
  6. Quiarrah Well-Known Member

I'm a little dissappointed that we can't use the part beneath the ship. I put a portal pad down there and ported to it and then fell right through. Thought I'd be able to use that as a cargo-hold. . for extra food and such. .no such luck. At least I got a portal pad up on one of the crows nests! Will be having loads of fun with this house! (ship. . .whatever)
  7. Bregdania Active Member

I had the same disappointment at first too and thought using the layout editor I'd be able to place things in the "hold". What I discovered is that if you place items (floor tile) while standing above the deck and using the mouse to lower them into place you will discover the point where the tile is just above the visual floor. Once that tile (and two more) are in place you can then lower items into the hold in the same manner. I lowered the portal this way and then accessed the "hold" to place other items. The thing I do find in these "void" spaces is that you rarely can move an item - you have to pick it up and place in one go. The area is strictly visual for my purposes when ;looking form the deck area so once I'm happy with the goods in the hold I will remove the portal and use it in other places.
    In this thread, Ocarinah posted the coordinates for a room you can create above the main deck room. This is totally awesome and I love what I'm doing in this area. You definitely need the layout editor for it and it is also tricky placing items as they are rarely movable and have to be placed from you bag and then edited using the Layout Editor.
    There is so much to decorate on this ship that I don't know why I need the extra room but it's there so I just have to!! :)
  8. ITPalg Member

I found that the clouds doesn't move in the same direction all the time either. I went through the trouble of moving cloud tiles in the same direction as the clouds, zoned in later, and the clouds were moving the opposite direction.
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone likes this.
  9. binder New Member

You can lower anything you want down there. I put a bunch of zombies down there. I also added some lighting and fog... It looks like I'm transporting an army of undead.
  10. Ayrid Member

Don't forget the three crows nest - they are actually pretty big once you get up there. And you can walk on the horizontal poles up there.
  11. binder New Member

There is a problem breaking out of this house. So far everything I place outside the edges of the ship disappears. I tried to make a plank to walk out on but as soon as I looked away it was gone. I was still able to walk out on it, but the image was gone. That kinda sucks. The same goes for anything that is placed a little bit below or above decks. A tile with the corner under an uneven deck disappears. A torch scrolled back into the wall a little bit will sometimes do the same.
  12. ITPalg Member

I would like to point out that no shipwright or captain in their right mind would have a wheel on the low deck where they can't see where they are going.
  13. binder New Member

Columbus' ships had a a tiller below the aft upper deck. The tiller an couldn't see anything. But yea... They should have placed that wheel up on the bridge.... And they should have made a bridge.
  14. Bregdania Active Member

It is possible to create your own Bridge. I"m still slowly working through this and now have completed my second room - yes slow worker here :) Instead of a break-out I've made a break-in. The room above the main deck large room is spacious and perfect for what I wanted. I do have to say though it would have been impossible to create without the layout editor. Nothing would stay in place and most things had to be placed in weird locations and then moved into place using the editor. Almost nothing moved by hand in this location - thy had to be placed from my bags and then moved with the editor.
    This is what I came up with. No doubt it will go through revisions as I do more around the place. Because this is actually behind the ship structure you can see some odd lines as you look through the windows. They appear and disappear depending on the angle of view but are only a minor distraction and look as though they belong there.

[IMG]
  15. Quiarrah Well-Known Member

Cool! I like that idea!
  16. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Quick question, for you and all the other decorators here: is there ANY way to get the silly cloud tiles from "dancing" and thus messing up the cloud "flow"? I know they're horizontal normally, and don't like being asked to do anything wild and crazy like go vertical (did you place yours flat or standing up, ITPalg?), so I insisted they stay at like 89.99999998 and they seemed to behave better, but the minute I turned my back on them, even if they weren't spinning like revolving doors (which will really distract and/or interfere with my layout, my visitors, etc.), they're flowing in another direction. At this point, I just want them to all flow in the SAME direction, if I can; ideally, I'd like them to flow "away" from a large waterfall effect I'm going for, to reinforce the whole "ooh, look at the mist from the falls!" idea. :-/

Any suggestions will be appreciated (including even those yelling, "Take this to another post, dork!")! :)

Uwk
    has anyone tried making a dome out of these? ;->
  17. Ocarinah Well-Known Member

Yeah I really want to put a plank out and have ability to place a nice big shark under the plank. Even more awesome, add plushie of whatever race that is shivering from being scared to die. Have a ship next to the house so there might be a big battle going on. Lots of options. Nods nods nods
  18. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Heh, I know you; you just want a chance to make Qho (or that annoying Nathan pest) walk the plank. ;->

Seriously, though, we do have a great deal of "functionality" in other places, like the Halfling Vale, TT Island(s), and Hua Mein; why not here? :-(

Uwk