Soloing

Discussion in 'Necromancer' started by ARCHIVED-MXGinge, Dec 4, 2009.

1. ARCHIVED-MXGinge Guest

So after just browsing both these forums and eq2flames ive seen a few posts regarding soloing the SOF and SOL.
    my necro is 79 with 135 AA on Naggy server. Ive run both those zones many times in full groups or even duo or trioing my question is everyone talks about soloing them (im mainly focusing on SOF) and i understand teh tactics and i have seen the posts about making tank pet tough using tainted heals, the heal macro button that contains all our manipulation spells, I just havnt been able to solo it yet, now i only have expert tank pet and i am only 79 and my gear is not super great yet since it in the bank waiting for me to hit 80 so i am well aware all that may change. but the problem im and running into is that those darn imps have huge aggro range and even when being very careful it seems they still aggro from miles away. 2-4 mobs is doable but hard any more and im toast. also if i even get to 1 of the 3 raid mobs... do the tactics change or do you just have to be super 1337?

and a side note the final aa in sta line which the name im blanking on (the one that makes your tank immune to everything but stiffles him) does anyone use that?
  2. ARCHIVED-Jasuo Guest

end ability in stamina line is junk, tank pet has a hard enough time holding aggro without being stifled imagine it with this on
  3. ARCHIVED-Deveryn Guest

It's ok for a few group / raid encounters, where you want to have some damage going through and would otherwise lose a pet to AE damage. Other than that, stay away from it.
  4. ARCHIVED-Jasuo Guest

for those encounters you use bloodpact, not end line stamina
  5. ARCHIVED-MXGinge Guest

Thanks for the feedback thus far, and bloodpact does seem to be a better choice then endline sta. but back to my original point, the tactics of soloing those raid mobs, especially when there is fear going off left and right so i cant spam heal my pet... anyone have a play by play on the raid mobs (at least the ones you need to kill to advance the zone? or better yet a video of it?
  6. ARCHIVED-curnalsanders Guest

Just hit 80 myself and really looking forward to soloing some crazy zones. i have a few pieces of shard gear and my master tank pet and a pretty good spec for tank pet, tainted heals Wis line 4 4 6 8 1, sta line 4 4 4 8, whole rotting tree down to lifeburn 5 points to buff up tank pet with the damage absorption, and in tso i have 5 in pet crit 1(5) in the weapon mastery, and 3 in the pet hp and 1 in end line of summoner line which im blanking on the name. im having the same problem i tried SOF solo as soon as i hit 80 and got my spells and gear settled... got to the first raid mob that you have to spawn by killin all the frogs. his aoe fear jsut owns pet either running away and loses hate to me, or im running away and cant heal pet, or we are both running away and it just ends badly. would bloodpact be worth casting here? even if i get bloodpact on and that prevents the pet running away how do i do enough damage and heal my pet while being feared left and right?
  7. ARCHIVED-MXGinge Guest

well im sorry you cant solo it either but im happy im not alone.
  8. ARCHIVED-azraelteir Guest

I let my pet and dumbfires do most all the DPS for the Terror fight in SoF. I will send my pet, useing tainted heals to keep him alive, cast my dumbfires as often as I can, when my pet starts to run away due to the fear I cast Cure Arcane on him, to cure the fear. I have a lot of gear that procs damage so I am doing some DPS along with my pet, and I have my Lich on, so when I cast the spells for Tainted Heals it does some damage as well. Its a slow fight, but very doable this way.