Soloing the Chardok Library Part of our Epic

Discussion in 'Bruiser' started by ARCHIVED-urgatorbait, Jun 9, 2008.

1. ARCHIVED-urgatorbait Guest

Can any Bruisers out there speak to the possibility of soloing your way to the 4 updates that are needed in and around the Chardok Library for our Epic? One write up I read suggested it was "easy to solo" assuming you had access through the various gates along the way.
    I have been in two groups attempting this and both had we've come up short. I've put in 5 1/2 hours trying to complete this with groups and I'm now wondering if I'm better served doing this the ol' Bruiser way... solo. When my last group broke up in the room with Severclaw, I decided to try to go the rest of the way by myself. I got to the room where the first hidden door/lever is but couldn't seem to see a lever despite it being marked on my EQ2 Maps plug-in. I also then realized that I didn't have the 3 encyclopedia books that I'd need to get through the doors. I turned back to get them and had a failed FD attempt and got killed. I've since bought the 3 encyclopedias off the broker and am considering another go at it solo if I can't find a solid group to do it again.
    In the spirit of being prepared for just such an attempt, my questions are this:
    1. Do the levers to the hidden doors only show up IF you have the encyclopedias in your possession? When I did not have the books, I did not see the lever unless it was too small to see from the distance I was at (center of that room).
    2. Assuming I can't kill the mob standing in front of the lever (84^^^ I believe), how easy/quick is it to run up to it, activate the lever, have the door open, run through it and then FD again before sustaining enough damage to kill me?
    3. Once I get past the hidden doors and get to the spots where the updates are, what will I find there? Are there aggro mobs all around that I'll have to kill or can they be carefully avoided? I'd hate to get all the way down there alone only to find 2 level 84^^^ standing stationary in fron of my updates.
    Any help from those who have done it or who know, would be greatly appreciated.
  2. ARCHIVED-Pnaxx Guest

Hmmmmm.....I solo'd my way into the place, but I don't think you would stand a chance in Hades once you get down intot he rooms you need. The mobs down there are orange^^^ and are about as mean and nasty as you would ever want to face in heroic content.
    Basically, in each room there are several Tomes flying around with several mobs standing there all orqange ^^^. If you got in there, not sure you can, but if you can, flop FD where you need to be, once you get up you will not have the time to inspect the stone. You will be essentually one shot by several mobs at once.
    I just can't see it happening.
    I would reccommend you get a mini raid together of 2 full groups and do it. You will be fine with that. That place is a nightmare. I eventually got my stones, but it sucked to do fo sho.
    Edit....Here is a link to the Chardock topic a little bit ago. You may see some good tips in there.
    http://forums.station.sony.com/eq2/...topic_id=408635
  3. ARCHIVED-Aull Guest

Listen to Pnaxx and see if you can get the best group(s) available. I was lucky and have a friend in a high end raid guild that helped me out. She banded together her posse and we went to slaying. Some in nice drops are very possible to for those that help. I didn't roll on a thing as thanks for them coming out to help me. Lots of lvl 86 ^^^ heroics down deep. Fd'ing could be possible but highly doubtful. Where the updates are there are numerous mobs so trying will result in death.
  4. ARCHIVED-Tanino Guest

You can do it with 2 brawlers, but all it takes is one feign to fail and you are dead though. Just don't aggro anything in the library section otherwise you will get torn up badly. It is possible though because I have seen someone do it and I would have completed it as well if my feign hadn't failed on the second library room. I forgot the name of them, but you will want to get those gnomish boots as you can jump and feign the air and cover quite a large distance.
  5. ARCHIVED-urgatorbait Guest

Thanks, everyone for the info. At least now I know not to even worry about trying to go in there solo. I'll just keep trying to form up a solid group (or two) to run the zone some night soon when I have 3 hours or so to play. Thanks again.
  6. ARCHIVED-Pnaxx Guest

Yea, the mini raid is the way to go. 2 groups.
  7. ARCHIVED-Ferous Guest

I actually did it relatively easy solo. Getting to the castle took me hours (following other groups, getting gatekeys, etc) but once I got in there I only died once. Just let all your important skills reset (close mind, stone deaf, heal, etc) and dont push your trains in between rooms too far. The rooms with the floating books and roamer guards were the only place that really slowed me down as their rotation was just incredibly unlucky for me. But, after dying once, I was patient (maybe 15 minutes FD watching/waiting) and eventually I got a window with just one mob near the updates and grabbed them. Getting groups is safer, but not necessary.
  8. ARCHIVED-Greavous Guest

Was on the bleeding edge of this quest. Got quite a few WW firsts and alot of server firsts. We duo'd this part (another bruiser and me) and anyone who says it's easy has ether never done it and is just full of it or are trying to down play it. It's tough. seriously get a good solid group togeather and leave the pain behind
  9. ARCHIVED-Ferous Guest

Relatively easy. Try it. The "hardest" part is being patient. You can't control a failed FD but the rest is up to you.
  10. ARCHIVED-smokedout Guest

its not too difficult if you are a human bruiser
    with the soothe human ability it is easy too snoop around the whole zone
    oh ya.. and the awesome mez we have helps too.. w/o the soothe ability might be a lil hard

and you will want too have the gnomish boots so u can float after FD, with sow totems and health regen totems going aswell

ya...
    maybe ill play this game again someday.
  11. ARCHIVED-urgatorbait Guest

smokedout wrote:
    Never thought about using mez to assist with moving through the zone. Great idea.
    Also, can you elaborate about using the gnomish (spring?) boots to float after feign death-ing and how that benefits me in accomplishing moving through the zone. Thanks in advance.
  12. ARCHIVED-Waldoo Guest

Gnomish stilts combined with FD make for awesome training. They basically give you the fae "glide" capability. What you do is sprint toward a big nasty group of mobs, hit jump a few steps before you reach them, then hit FD at the top of your arc. You will continue gliding forward but you will be safely FD while doing so. This minimizes your exposure to unnecessary pounding. I frequently use this in conjunction with Stone Deaf and Close Mind so that the nukes don't hurt as much and there is no chance of having to wait out a stun before hitting FD.
  13. ARCHIVED-urgatorbait Guest

Thanks for the info, I'll certainly try this method out. Of course, I'll probably practice it a bit in an area with not-so-nasty mobs to get the hang of it.
    I made another attempt at getting to the Library and as has been the case thus far, have had a run of bad luck. Got all the way to the long suspension bridge just past the red gate. Had to run by one of the golem giant guys and as I sprinted past him with closed mind and stone deaf up, along with my health draining mit buff up, the mob got a lucky crit off a combat art and one shotted me for almost 9500 hitpoints. I only have about 9400 total. So dead Bruiser... respawn at zone in.
    I plan to keep trying a few more times and will try out the spring boots approach and see if I can make it farther.
  14. ARCHIVED-Pnaxx Guest

Finally got my Epic past night...woot. Now go back to your reguraly scheduled program.
  15. ARCHIVED-urgatorbait Guest

Grats! After a month and a half of trying to get the Chardok part done, I finally got a capable group to do it and had success. Soloing this part was just not working out. I'm a few steps beyond that now and hopeful of being able to convince enough folks to come to Clefts to help me with the guy there. I can almost smell my Fabled now..... LOL
  16. ARCHIVED-evilgamer Guest

Soloing would be nearly impossible.
    Duoing with another brawler who has altruim and knows the zone and has the gate keys would be very doable.
    Both place altuism on each other, one trains the mobs away from the stones, other grabs stones with altruism neither would die.
    Best bet though is just get a group of people who know the zone and do it.