Solo Wizard AA Help

Discussion in 'Wizard' started by ARCHIVED-millertime1485, Jun 5, 2010.

1. ARCHIVED-millertime1485 Guest

Hey, so this is my first toon and I'm just getting the hang of the AA's now (only level 10) but I dont know where to put my points for solo play. Anyone have any suggestions or know of a guide around that could help me? I've tried google but I find most things are a few years old and I'm not sure if it is still viable.
  2. ARCHIVED-raydenwins Guest

I prefer to start the manasheild line. After that, some pts in magi sheilding. As you lvl you'll choose either defensive or offensive options. I went defensive in the beginning. Now at 80, filling the dps options in.
  3. ARCHIVED-TumpieBrell Guest

The only defensive AA I ever got was Enhance: Magi's Shielding for the regenning Ward. Everything else was to maximixe DPS. Kill mob before it gets to you. I didn't bother with the STA line.
    You may want to, depending on your play style.
  4. ARCHIVED-Jodokai Guest

I went with the Regenerating Ward, and then straight down the STA Line. It keeps me alive long enough for me to get Fusion off if there is more than one mob.
  5. ARCHIVED-Azol Guest

To OP:
    this question does pop up regularly. Since you have not indicated if you are on PVP server or not, we will supppose you are on regular server.
    STA line is not the best choice for solo wizard, because entire Battlemage line works better if you are running in duo/trio with a good healer and ready to take the beating as a moderate tank. You won't be able to take the beating as a solo mage (esp on lower levels with few AAs) anyway - Manashield or not. So I would say STA line is counter-productive for solo gameplay.
    As a soloer you have to get these three lines ASAP: STR (down to crit chance ability), AGI (down to the spell haste and spell reuse abilities), WIS (down to the 12% power reduction). I would say you should start spending your first points in AGI line, because shorter root cast time and faster reuse of your root and stun means you have more flexbility during the root and nuke procedure - the bread and butter of any solo wizard.
    Next, get to 12% power reduction, because (esp on lower levels) you will discover you are unable to kill some particular boss because you run out of power faster than he is running out of health.
    Then start thinking about filling out the Fire and Cold lines of Wizard AA tree. You can't go wrong there maximizing all the abilities in those lines. The Magi's Shielding is the single best defensive ability you can get from Wizard AA tree.
    Also be sure to study some DPS guides here - http://forums.station.sony.com/eq2/...topic_id=418277