Solo warlock (74) questions

Discussion in 'Mages' started by DoomDrake, Aug 28, 2015.

1. DoomDrake Well-Known Member

I recently returning to playing EQ and pocking around with my warlock. After getting sense with game mechanics I got merc (SK) and notice she kind of OP (or my DPS is subpar compare to merc). Here is few questions I'd like to ask
    I hit mark 73 and probably will hit 74 shortly in Kylong plans to get next GM spell - what you recommend after that - stop leveling and start racking AA (I have like 293 or so) or just keep grinding up? I have to admit I had a lot fun doing 100% quests in Kylong Plans it been profitable (like 20pp in a couple days providing that no one killing named and I had all of them for myself :)). What would be a good place to go for solo for warlock at level 74 to get experience and some profit (to pay for merc and spells upgrade)? Next advanced zones after Plans? Chardok?
    Second question -spells I got pretty good idea's what nowdays play vital role and what is just a fillers. But I am kind of wonder what would be a good solo macros for chains? for ST and AoE (I am not mind hitting keys just wonder if something could and should be automated
    Lastly is gear - it been a loot of confusion for me what go after (priorities) and what is reforging (how I go that)
    Given my level 73 (soon to be 74) what is priority on gear?
    Potency? Ability Mode? DPS? Ability casting speed (I assume this for spells as well)?, CC, CB? What Adornment I should be looking for?
  2. Lare Active Member

if you enjoy the questing then just keep doing that. There are heaps of zones that will get you aa and xp. If you want to play end game well u can just blow past all that in certain zones.

Until you get to 100 grab what gear you can don't spend much as it really changes massively after.

Look for a post called mogrims guide to warlocks think its on page 3 or 4 in the mage forums, has all the info you will need.
    DoomDrake likes this.
  3. DoomDrake Well-Known Member

Thank you Lare. Mogrims bible of warlock is really nice but with few problems. Main - that guide was written for level 100 warlocks and mainly raiding warlock so it does miss "development" part. At level where bonuses on gear is not quite yet kicking in I still grasping to comprehend what stats I should be looking for? Something as simple as 10int = 1%pot or casting ability speed should be at least xx% or what need to be picked between CC/CB/AMode - would be great. I certainly admire great job that been done with spell evaluation and I certainly changed ways of my priorities in casting. I certainly see great benefit of double casting over crit or simple raw damage increase. Another area - what is the best merc? so far I tested SK and Kenny ... well SK for now win by large huge margin. And lastly speaking about soloing warlock (again for now) - what would be useful macros to create chains?
  4. Lare Active Member

Its been many many years since I leveled my 5 locs... So i cant help as I cant remember whats what.

U still want at least 100 CST Reuse with Pot CB and amod all good to look for and double cast at that level is rare as hens teath but I'm not sure if its possible to get it at a level you are and is probably a balance between them all until you hit 90's

Amends for the win when I can be bothered with using them. But I don't need the dps.

There are some things you can macro to make your life easy like Freehand to PB if you can't get Tox yet due to AA's. But if your thinking of making a macro for spell casting in general I suggest maybe you should change your class as you need to learn each spell what they do and understand why. Get used to hitting your spells.
  5. DoomDrake Well-Known Member

I did played warlock at release as my secondary (main was coercer) thus strategy did not changed THAT dramatically :). In raid - stuck of you got in minimum time but do not get killed :) re-adjust big hitters with temporary buffs, sync PBAoE with aura's (and still true - since warlock got big nuke that relay on increments). In solo or better say molo been some nuances that I did learn in the hard way :) but thanks to Mogrims great guide I got that - like keep merc in assist mode all the time ... except than running for your life ;) I have one weird question thou - about free hand sorcery ... In my time it did required to have at least 1 hand empty - is it still a case? Is FC and FHS stuck? After AA adjustment I certainly started warship to thunder clap spell in pointblank range :) it's really hit like a truck, Apoc and Absolution certainly fall behind PB and TC in priorities. Next AA I am getting is CoE from heroic line that should be big DPS add. I still need more time to play with temporary buffs thou to get feeling. As for marco - I am thinking more along line - Aspect of Darkness - Vacuum field-FH-PB on pull. Other thing I need to get feeling for is distance ... like 15m, 25m, 35m, 50m. Also is any guide for re-forging?