Solo Mystic is it possible

Discussion in 'Mystic' started by ARCHIVED-Capt.Ahab, Nov 12, 2004.

1. ARCHIVED-Capt.Ahab Guest

I played a shaman in EQ1 up to the mid 40s. I don't see the same ability of these Mystics being able to solo. No root, no CC looks like buff urself then debuff the baddy, then dot and nuke while being your own meat shield... That sound close? With no mitigation and medium armor can u do this at mid to high lvls? I do have to solo sometimes.

Thanks all
  2. ARCHIVED-Karlace Guest

No idea but thats my main question as well.
  3. ARCHIVED-Rathi04 Guest

*edit* Wrong forum thought this was shaman.
    Message Edited by Rathi04 on 11-13-2004 08:18 AM
  4. ARCHIVED-Kalamos Guest

Yes Mystics can solo. Actually all sub-classes can solo, but in my experience in beta I think Mystics can do it slightly better. Remember however that soloing in EQ2 is very different than in EQ1. It's pretty much all "in teh face" action. The two big things for Mystics are 1) Wards and 2) Slow. Now slow in EQ2 isn't nearly as powerful as it is in EQ1, but it does help. The biggest factor though is the fact that a Shaman/Mystic can apply a Ward before a fight, then regen that mana and pull. So in effect it's a mana-free heal in that encounter. That can go a long way towards winning or losing a fight.

Well what I would normally do in Beta was put a Ward on myself then regen to FM. Then I'd pull with Slow and immediately cast my best DoT. Then when my HPs went down a little I'd cast a regen which used to trigger the HO, recast a DoT to chain the HO and then Smite to complete the HO. BUT ... we don't have regen heals anymore and HOs are started with a mana-free spell. So tactics will have to change slightly based on the way the live game ended up but you get the idea.
  5. ARCHIVED-DocGiggs Guest

Heh, I'm a bit torn on this issue as well with soloing vs grouping.

I'm STILL trying to decide if I want to go mystic or defiler.

I am thinking a defiler might be a bit more solo friendly with a mystic being more group friendly. Group friendly is nice though. I also think I like the idea of wraith form over bear or serpant form. I just dont know what I like more right now. If I KNOW mystics can solo just as well or even better then a defiler then I'm all mystic. If it's less then I'll be a defiler. If they are about the same.... hrmm it's going to be a tough call. Chances are, it'll be a decision on the whim if I can't find the answers I seek.
  6. ARCHIVED-Magus_d Guest

DocGiggs, one thing to remember is Defiler is an evil class and Mystic is good. So unless you want to betray your city you only have one option available to you.
  7. ARCHIVED-Qaarh Guest

I personally think that since EQ2 is so heavily group oriented, a group support class like the mystic is the way to go. My guildmates and groupmembers know they can count on me to heal and ward as needed, and with my debuffs and damage over time spells... What can I say, it must be good being a mystic.

I hope to join the mystic ranks soon :)
  8. ARCHIVED-Veggi Guest

Can't say much about soloing at high lvl's offcourse but at lvl22 i can solo orange mob ok.
    Yellows and blues are soloable without much downtime.