solo conj which merc?

Discussion in 'Mages' started by EQ_Jack, Nov 24, 2014.

1. EQ_Jack Active Member

I'm 75 at the moment with my conj...

I've been using the hydromancer and a paladin merc with some success but again I'm not pushing things to hard. mostly blue con ^^^ mobs. seems to work pretty well.

I've read a few older threads that suggested folks, drop the tank merc and go mage pet and healer merc. Anyone running this setup? hows this work against soloing ^^^ heroics?
  2. Afista_DG Well-Known Member

Greetings Jack,

I've seen Conjurors accomplish great things with a mage pet and healer merc!

How many AAs you have, your AA set-up, and current gear will also help in determining your success. I have not played a Conjy as a main, but I have mooched a lot of game updates from following one around :) They run a mage pet and healer merc (Perrin) pretty much exclusively while soloing and can take on Heroic mobs.

It's definitely something worth trying to see how it works out for you. At level 75, you might decide that the tank merc is working out better for now. What's the worst that could happen? ;) Happy adventuring!
    Mizgamer62 likes this.
  3. Thand Well-Known Member

unfortunatly teh healer pet does not scale well at all even if you are useing a tank merc you should probably be using the first pet. Though for Conjurors the standard until you can find a elite healer merc seem to be fire pet and Stamper the inquisitor merc from freeport. You usealy can find someone who will summon you there.
  4. Pacus New Member

I think the only time I used the Earth pet was when I was fighting large groups, or the potential for adds were great. I have never had an elite merc. My usual setup is Mage pet with Templar merc. I almost entirely molo and do not raid, and have no raid gear, but my gear has always been at least MC. My spells were (at that level) all Mastered. Show a little restraint and you should do fine. Any mobs you are taking down with your current setup will fall much faster using the Mage pet. Mage pet (any pet) should always be the highest one you can attain.
    And make good use of your auto attack=big difference.
    Loredena likes this.