Solo AA build?

Discussion in 'Wizard' started by ARCHIVED-SilverMoth, May 28, 2009.

1. ARCHIVED-SilverMoth Guest

ive read around the forums, but i have not found a Solo wizzy build that i can understand, i know to put points into the shield first, but then after that im lost, can anyone help me?
  2. ARCHIVED-Mirander_1 Guest

For the class (sorcerer) tree:
    take a look at the Sta tree, and then some combination of the Str, Agi, and Wis trees. Disregard the Int tree.
    For the subclass (wizard) tree:
    get Magi's Shielding, consider getting Manaburn, then dump the rest of the points into the Fire and Ice trees.
    I haven't played around enough with the Shadows tree to give educated advice on it.
  3. ARCHIVED-SilverMoth Guest

thank you thats just what i needed!
  4. ARCHIVED-Kibo Guest

hm, I've been hearing (and following, though I'm only level 18) that the AGI tree is a good start. I didn't see much use for the STA tree because if you do your roots properly, your main concern should be getting as many spells in with enough time to re-root, which is where the -reuse time comes in from the AGI tree.
    This is just what I've seen from reading the forums and found works for me early on, so do correct me if I'm wrong. :)
  5. ARCHIVED-Mirander_1 Guest

Kibo wrote:
    Eh, Sta isn't too important at lower levels. Mobs are typically going to get in a few hits on you here and there, but nothing you can't live through. It gets more useful once you hit Kunark, though; mobs there hit hard, and having at bit of a defensive edge can sometimes make a difference.
  6. ARCHIVED-Azol Guest

Not on PVP server you should start dumping points into Sorcerer/AGI line, getting Spell haste and Spell reuse (last two abilities).
    Then you can put some points into Sorcerer/WIS line to reach 12% mana reduction on spells. This will help you to solo tougher monsters with loads of health points (you will not run out of mana so easily).
    Then Sorcerer/STR line will help you to up the chance to crit (14,4% as far as I remember with 8 points in it), disregard the last ability in this tree. This is important on lower levels if you do not have access to good +spell crit gear.
    Then start filling out Wizard tree - you cannot go wrong with Fire and Ice lines!
  7. ARCHIVED-Vorlonxx Guest

Mirander@Unrest wrote:
    disregard the int tree? what? i thought int was what the wiz was all about, why discard that tree?
    im told by many on the server to put all points INTO the int line, not disregard it.
  8. ARCHIVED-thajoka Guest

The INT tree is argueable the worst tree for a wizard among all the KoS lines. WIS and AGI are the tried and true and back when the AA point cap was 50 for that tree, the most optimal dps setup was AGI/WIS. The only thing else to look at is AA for extra 12% crit. But STA line is kind of better for dueling/PvP'ing. Our nukes are big enough that we really shouldn't need "emergency" saves like Manashield against solo mobs. And Heroics will just 3 shot your "manashield" leaving you with no power, so its not really that amazing to solo with either. INT does nothing but provide deaggro. That line has never been good for raiding, never good for grouping, never good for anything. It has never been a recommended spec in the last 3 years I've seen the game.
    Theres not really much solo specing. We pretty much just have a set optimal dps spec and theres a few AA's here and there that may help our suvivability. Like in the EoF wizard tree, Magi Shield is a good option for added survivability. Also the WIS line has a regenerating ward ability too you can gain. Having 2 regening self wards is always helpful. Even in full all out 'tank' spec as I call it, my survivability doesn't go up near enuf to make up for the DPS I completly destroy by dropping lots of good specs to attempt to live better. And its not enough to make or break most deaths for us.
    Once you get to t8, your best bet is picking up legendary stoneskin gear which will >>>>>> any spec we could possibly choose for survivability.
  9. ARCHIVED-TicklesEQ Guest

For solo, I spec Sage and Spellshifter, with remaining points put into STA line. Wiz tree I took ice shape, spell reach. Shadows line is pretty obvious.
    Get gear that procs wards (crafted 2ndary item from Nest, fabled robe from Nest, fabled robe from TNT, incarnadine tablet) and dispersion gear (i cant remember... its a forearm, belt thats tradeable, and i think some arms from Sebilis faction merchant). I also have subjugative alacrity and similiar items for the roots.
    seeing as ice comet can do at least half the damage a manaburn would do, i cant see why you'd even spec it... 11k power =44k manaburn right? Ive had ice comet do 20k+ plenty of times solo. its friday night, and i refuse to do math on friday nights... how much would freehand at max add to a 44k manaburn? freehand affects it, right?