SokaTour's {Video Tours}

Discussion in 'Norrathian Homeshow' started by Yachiru-san, Jan 23, 2017.

1. Yachiru-san Well-Known Member

Hello, Everyone!

I thought instead of making an individual thread for every video, I can just have one thread for all of the videos.

I'm not sure what you guys prefer, watching the video here or links. So I will put the videos in the thread and if you guys say which you'd like better I'll just change it, :) As I make more video's I'll add to the list!

~Shanette's Madam Puddifoots Tea Shoppe~
    Server: Maj'Dul
    Decorator: Linlainu
    Owner: Shanette
    Address: Lion's Mane Suite Room
    Leaderboards: Hall of Fame # 22
    House Name: Madam Puddifoots Tea Shoppe

~Nyre's Scandinavian Log Cabin~
    Decorator: Wizzam
    Owner: Nyre
    Address: Manor of Erollisi
    Leaderboards: Hall of Fame #8
    House Name: Scandinavian Log Cabin

~Linlainu's Captain Fancypants' Galleon of Dreams~
    Owner: Linlainu
    Address: Galleon of Dreams
    Leaderboards: Dev Picks #3
    House Name: Captain Fancypant's Galleon of Dreams

~Eryn's Super Secret Panda Den~
    Decorator: Eryn
    Owner: Eryn
    Address: Hau Mein Retreat
    Leaderboards: Dev Picks #1
    House Name: Super Secret Panda Den

~Linlainu's How the Grinch Stole Frostfell... ~
    Server: Maj'dul
    Owner: Linlainu
    Address: Tinker's Isle
    Leaderboards: Hall of Fame # 21 (now #18)
    House Name: How the Grinch Stile Frostfell...

Please Let me know if this helps guys!

~Sokaran :)
  2. Yachiru-san Well-Known Member

I could only put up to 5 videos's so I actually have to do them separate anyways -_-

~Shanette's Candy Cane Lane ~
    Decorator: Shanette
    Address: Snowy Dwelling, South Qeynos
    Leaderboards: Hall of Fame # 70 (now # 62)
    House Name: Candy Cane Lane

~Eryn's E-Day Getaway ~
    Address: Jade Tider's Den Suite 07
    Leaderboards: Hall of Fame # 17
    House Name: Eryn's E-Day Getaway

~Eryn's Girl's Night Out Twister Style~
    Address: Roost Royal Suite, Freeport
    Leaderboards: Hall of Fame #16
    House Name: Girls Night Twister Style

~Gracee's Frostfell Retreat ~
    Decorator: Gracee
    Owner:Gracee
    Address: New Halas Magical Manor
    Leaderboards: Hall of Fame #4
    House Name:Gracee'sFrostfell Retreat

~Wizzam's Dhalgar Island Hotel~
    Owner: Wizzam
    Address: Dhalger Deep Portal
    Leaderboards: Hall of Fame #8
    House Name: Wizzam's Dhalger Island Hotel
  3. Yachiru-san Well-Known Member

... And Another 5... -_-

~Cloudrat's Global Travel ~
    Decorator: Cloudrat
    Owner: Cloudrat
    Address: Dojo Portal
    Leaderboards: Hall of Fame #2
    House Name: Cloudrat's Global Travel

~Gracee's Grandma's House ~
    Decorator:Gracee
    Owner:Gracee
    Address: Uncanny Estate
    Leaderboards: Hall of Fame #3
    House Name: Gracee'sGrandma's House

~Taytr’s Law & Order SVU Norrath Style (Wizzam)~
    Decorator: Eryn
    Owner: Taytr (aka Wizzam)
    Address: Lavastorm Winter Retreat
    Leaderboards: Hall of Fame # 55
    House Name: Law & Order Norrath Style

~Shenette's Somewhere Over the Rainbow (Part 1)~
    Decorator: Shenette
    Owner: Lumiera
    Address: Ethernere Enclave, SQ
    Leaderboards: Hall of Fame # 41
    House Name: Somewhere Over the Rainbow

~Shanette's Emerald City (Part 2) ~
    Decorator: Shenette
    Owner: Shenette
    Address: Dhalgar Portal, SQ
    Leaderboards: Hall of Fame (New Published) # 92
    House Name: The Emerald City
  4. Yachiru-san Well-Known Member

~Wizzam's Golden Sun Funeral Home~
    Owner: Taytr
    Address: Everfrost Summer Home, SQ
    Leaderboards: Hall of Fame # 68
    House Name: Golden Sun Funeral Home

~Raainy's Dojo ~
    Decorator: Raainy
    Owner: Raainy
    Address: Dojo Portal, SQ
    Leaderboards: Hall of Fame # 337
    House Name: Raainy's Dojo

~Shanette's Wonderland ~
    Address: Ethernere Enclave SQ
    Leaderboards: Hall of Fame # 15
    Home Name: Wonderland

Sorry Guys, That was kind of a bust.

~Sokaran
  5. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Consolidation is a good thing! :)

Uwk
    who's debating about looking up these various video programs... ;->
    Gretel and santargria like this.
  6. santargria Well-Known Member

Although I agree with this for some threads, I disagree with video threads

They take much longer to load and can lose the focus of what you're offering.

For example: In this thread you have what 18 vids?
    I'll probably only watch 1 maybe 2. However, if you would have posted each separately, I more than likely would have watched more depending on the title.

But hey, what ever floats your boat - it's your threads
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone and Gretel like this.
  7. Wizzam Well-Known Member

I love your videos, Soka. They are always very positive and bright. You go at the perfect pace so we're never bored or miss anything. However, I was wondering if you are going to be continuing using the SoGA models? I so rarely see folks using them these days, so not everyone always remembers to spend that extra time setting both appearances to their house actors.
    For example,

[IMG]

This is what most people see, and this is how these gnomes were supposed to be shown. In your video they appear:

[IMG]

And this is not how they were supposed to be shown. It looks obviously wrong, but not because of racial prejudices but because the "hats" aka baubles do not fit their heads.
    I appreciate you doing the video on this home, as I'm sure Nyre does too. And you can never please everyone all the time. I'm just asking for myself as well as everyone else, if you plan on continuing using the SoGA models throughout your videos, or not.
    Thank you
  8. Spextasy Well-Known Member

I hate SOGA models.
    I hate having to set both appearances on actors in my homes. It takes up time I could be using to start another home. :p
  9. Eryn Well-Known Member

I do appreciate you touring my homes and everyone is welcome to visit them in game to see them in person. But if I had known you were going to be touring my homes I would have mentioned to tour non SoGA as sometimes I forget to set them and it's nice to see my actor as myself and not the weirdo SoGA model.
    Gretel and Uwkete-of-Crushbone like this.
  10. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

It depends for me on SoGA; I ALWAYS have it on for Barbarians and Ogres (both genders on each), simply because I detest the default models for both of them. I think they look stupid and atrocious beyond belief, and I can't get the look I want for any characters I make with them. Ever. :-/

For the rest, it depends on the look I want to get; sometimes the default will have it, sometimes the SoGA; it all depends.

Uwk
    Gretel likes this.
  11. Ocarinah Well-Known Member

Warning: People are not going to like what I have to say. So if you don't want to be mad or upset then don't read this.

I put together instructions on how to set the other model of house actors and is posted somewhere in these forums. I can do a video to show how to do it as well. I have a mixture of characters some original and some soga. Some have male as one and female as the other. It is up to the decorator to set the models for both if they don't want house actors to look funny to vistors. It is unrealistic to make every visitor in your home change their settings just to please the decorator. People doing videos shouldn't have to worry about it either. It only takes a few minutes extra instead of tons of us having to deal with it. I know Niboota is very kind to change her settings but most the time she is on a temp toon. When I created my toons I didn't know that years later I would be doing videos of peoples' houses. Sorry but I am not going to change my settings permanently just cuz you cannot take a few minutes to change the SOGA model of a house actor. If you cannot handle seeing SOGA ever even if that was how a decorator set their house actors...well again that is your issue not people doing the videos. I like my characters to be how I created them and would drive me nuts seeing them wrong. Now if I was a judge for a contest I know that I would need to read everything and change my models to fit the decorator temporarily but doing a video...no. You are welcome to not watch the video and go tour the houses yourself with whatever settings you want.
    Gretel and Uwkete-of-Crushbone like this.
  12. Wizzam Well-Known Member

I completely understand where you are coming from with this Ocarinah and I respect you and your help. But no where in here did any of us say we were mad or upset. We were merely asking if this is going to be a consistent thing. She also did not ask the people if they minded her videoing their places, which would've alleviated so much of this.
  13. Ocarinah Well-Known Member

Seriously? The house was published on leaderboards. We were doing random videos to help out those that don't know about Homeshow channel or this forums or just because we want to tour a published house anyway. I have asked friends if I can do video tour of their guild hall cuz you cannot publish guild halls but a published house...

This comes off as upset, upset that we are not asking permission and not changing our models when they seem weird during a video tour.

I am a very protective person...I have replied to comments to let everyone know how I feel about things being commented on so that the others can stay quiet and people can understand why we are doing things the way we are. There are comments going on in private as well. This is why I covered extra stuff in the other posting about not reading everything, missing rooms/floors, etc. People have actually commented about all sorts of stuff. Some of it feels like this...you made a huge holiday meal and your guest says to you "Thanks for the lovely meal. Too bad the turkey was dry. Will you always be over cooking the meat in the future? You should have called and asked me if I like that kind of meat over cooked.". Would you think your guest was upset or happy with you? How would you feel about such a comment?
  14. Wizzam Well-Known Member

You are taking all of this way too personally and with too much anger. Like I said before, none of this was said out of anger or upset.
    And if I was the one cooking the turkey, I'd know if it was dry by taste alone. If you cook, you'd know what flavor you are going for...
    Please stop assuming everything is being said out of malice.
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone likes this.
  15. Eryn Well-Known Member

You're right it was on the leaderboards and will be promptly taken off so no one can tour it! Thank you for taking something I said to someone else and turning it on yourself. No where have I asked anyone to make videos of my homes.

And your right I was a little upset because as Wizzam said, which you conveniently skipped over reading, the gnomes hats fit on the non soga models not the soga ones.

Please don't ever visit any of my houses because I wouldn't want you to inconvenience yourself any way shape or form!!
  16. Wizzam Well-Known Member

This is a perfect example, Ocarinah, of how some friendly feedback was taken wrongly, explained, then ignored.
  17. Ocarinah Well-Known Member

Feedback was taken and wasn't ignored. I didn't skip over the fact that the gnomes didn't look right. But my feedback was taken as me being angry when I was trying to show that just because you think you are being friendly with feedback how it can be taken wrong by others. I wasn't angry. All I am trying to say is everyone is not perfect but some of the comments that were being made are saying we should be perfect, that we are upsetting people with our mistakes our thinking of it is ok with the gnomes don't look perfect. This is why I hate Social media. All I can say is I would visit out of love of other people's art and love they put into their houses. I get it, you don't like my feedback and my opinion on things. Forgive me for everything. I am taking the feedback now. I have been specifically asked not to visit someone's houses so I guess I will finish up the spreadsheet for the others and then call it the end of my involvement with Homeshow. For the first time I was going to participate in an event but now have withdrawn from Shanette's event. Best of luck to everyone. Very sorry I upset everyone with my posts.
  18. Yachiru-san Well-Known Member

Yes, Sorry guys, I keep planning to change models off soga when I tour but I keep forgetting. LOL... I will make sure that soga is not used in my future videos. As for the comments above, I apologize for not asking permission for touring your homes, but it's on the leaderboards for everyone to see, and they don't need permission.:) If I see or hear about a home that is completely amazing and others want to see it, I do plan on recording it! Becuase it's Completely Amazing, and why shouldn't people see that?! ;):):p

(Don't take anything I said the wrong way, It's a positive post!)

/hugs
    Love you all!

~Sokaran~
    Spextasy likes this.
  19. Quiarrah Well-Known Member

I will have to visit some of thes. I do have one comment though. If the house even remotely looks as though it will have one of those DAMNED Mummies Pop OUT . . I will not continue. (I left the Funeral Home and the SVU houses for just that reason. So please. . let me know if you DO NOT have a MUMMY so I can visit.) OI don't like having a heart attack. . . Not one of my favorite things.
    Spextasy and Wizzam like this.
  20. Wizzam Well-Known Member

LOL! I couldn't agree more. None of my homes that are mine, nor any I do will ever have that zombie/mummy pop up. I don't enjoy needing a pants change every time I walk through a house with one :)
    So you are welcome to revisit the Funeral Home and the Law and Order SVU homes. They are clear :p
    Spextasy likes this.