SoEmote not activating Webcam

Discussion in 'Players Supporting Players' started by Katya Esco, Nov 10, 2012.

1. Katya Esco New Member

I did a google search as well as a search on these forums to find out if there was any troubleshoot for this problem but I haven't found anything but the same couple of SoEmote posts about video contests and how to install with a very limited troubleshooting guide. If I missed something, I'm sorry do not crucify.

I've just recently installed this game and have been playing around for a few days now. I noticed when I first logged in, the notification for the SoEmote came up. After looking around I saw that unlike my soemote options, other peoples in my google searchs have their cam turn on and displays them on the left, while mine just says Webcam and shows static:
    [IMG]

I have updated my drivers and my cam works when I use it on msn video calls, it also works when I use the lifecam program to take a picture or make a video. My camera is Microsoft Lifecam cinema.
    [IMG]

Not really sure what else I can do and there doesn't seem to be anyone else with this problem so I'm a bit stuck. Help please!
  2. TSR-AlexS Well-Known Member

Do you have multiple pieces of camera hardware on your computer? or is it just the webcam? Is it selected as your primary? You may want to submit a support ticket about this to our tech team so we can figure out what's going on.