SOEmote is Live!

Discussion in 'Community News' started by ARCHIVED-Dexella, Aug 7, 2012.

1. ARCHIVED-Dexella Guest

Click here for the latest SOEmote Video!
    EverQuest II fantasy characters come to life using your facial expressions and altered voice. You frown and growl, so does your avatar. Laugh and your avatar laughs with you! It's all possible with the phenomenal new feature called SOEmoteâ„¢ that truly does put your facial expressions on your game avatar in real time! Also, you can alter your voice so you become a real troll, ogre, ratonga, or whatever you choose.
  2. ARCHIVED-Brekkik Guest

I've been trying to set up SOEmote with my webcam (Logitech Webcam C600 if that matters any), but I keep getting the error message "Webcam is in use or not functioning." I tested the webcam with other software, so I can confirm that it is working. Then I closed everything I could think of that could possibly be using my webcam, but I still get this error. Is anyone else having this issue? Any suggestions or solutions?
  3. ARCHIVED-pixiepuff12 Guest

Every time I try to calibrate it crashes my computer.. and, I'm sorry, but the voice fonts in no way make you sound like a "real" anything.
  4. ARCHIVED-Yimway Guest

When will we see a patch to fix the group window you busted with this update?
  5. ARCHIVED-Drupal Guest

Atan@Unrest wrote:
    Next Tuesday
  6. ARCHIVED-Tylia Guest

Atan@Unrest wrote:
    Don't worry Atan, they'll fix it. Soon.
  7. ARCHIVED-Yimway Guest

Tylia@Butcherblock wrote:
    We're going on what 4 weeks of cures not working as designed?
  8. ARCHIVED-Morgania434 Guest

wow, we called it that they would break things with this new "feature". Are you amazed yet? I'm not, i'm saddened that such a great game is in such a sad state.
  9. ARCHIVED-dobretsberger Guest

I don't know what you are experiencing and why, but SOEmote works like a charm on my laptop. No problems at all. I'm sure there might be some difficulties and errors with certain webcams, microphones, etc, but I'm also sure that a lot of those errors are the user's faults for not properly adjusting, incorrect setting properties, or stuff like that. Don't always blame SOE for stuff that might just be your own lack of knowledge.
  10. ARCHIVED-lol23154511 Guest

SOEmote works lovely!
  11. ARCHIVED-Dexella Guest

12. ARCHIVED-Peogia Guest

Dexella wrote:
    unless u glue cam to ur face and put search light in ur face for spoting planes during war times it doesn't work as advertised
    I also noticed when soemote was enabled the characters face would start jittering & twitching like crazy I only tried with human race I tried for a really long while before I gave up and disabled the feature
    I used this web cam
    http://www.newegg.ca/Product/Produc...logitech%209000
    with the newest drivers from logitech
    the add here
    http://soemote.com/
    made it look so cool and trouble free
    out of curiosity how many takes did it take to get those scenes in the video and how long did it take to make the special set up that was needed to make that video
    just a little guess would be that I would have to scrap standard roof lighting in ceiling and buy special bright lights and add them all over room and down size screen/monitor size to a 15" or smaller or use a laptop and use a different desk so cam was right in face and have the lamps pointed directly in face so it wouldn't loss tracking