SOEmote capture device issue (unable to select the video source)

Discussion in 'Voice Chat Support' started by ARCHIVED-OogallySolRoSK, Aug 24, 2012.

1. ARCHIVED-OogallySolRoSK Guest

For some of you having SOEmote issues, here's the problem I had and the solution.
    I have a TV tuner card, and a webcam. SOEmote won't let you choose one. I bought the webcam Sony recommends (my old one was very old and initially I thought it was the problem... it wasn't). and installed it, it worked fine in everything but Everquest 2.
    The solution is to disable your TV tuner (or other video capture device).
    I put in a support ticket asking for the option to choose the video input (just like we can choose audio input and audio output) and they did agree it was a good solution. But it's not definite that they will be able to add that functionality.
    In the meantime, the workaround is as I described. Disable (via Control Panel -> Device Manager) the tv tuner or other video capture card, reboot, and BAM, SOEmote works beautifully. The only complaint I have with this workaround is I have the TV tuner for a reason, and I'm not keen on enabling and disabling it off and on to use SOEmote.
    I know some of you are having issues and do not have a tv tuner or video capture card. I wish you luck in figuring out what's causing that error.
  2. ARCHIVED-TSR-AlexS Guest

OogallySolRoSK wrote:
    Thanks for the info! Definately hope this helps alot of players.