SOE please update our Wiki page

Discussion in 'General Gameplay Discussion' started by ZUES, Dec 30, 2014.

1. ZUES Well-Known Member

It's still TOV. Also, what happened to our search bar?

[IMG]
  2. Mountbatten Well-Known Member

1. It's not run by SOE, it's a public Wiki. It's "official" in that it's endorsed by SOE. Visa is the "official" card of the Olympics, but I sure as hell won't be calling the IOC about my credit cards.

2. Your signature is ridiculous.
    Deveryn likes this.
  3. ShaggyBodom Well-Known Member

Yes, yes it is.

The search bar is at the very top.
    Deveryn likes this.
  4. Shmogre Well-Known Member

The search bar is at the top of the page [that's a wikia change, not limited to just eq2i]:

[IMG]
  5. ZUES Well-Known Member

I didn't realize that drop down search bar was there. That's something fairly new. SOE does have an employee that maintains the SOE wiki pages. I forgot her name but I've talked to her in the past when she was working on the dragons prophet and landmark sites. There are parts of the site that can only be altered by SOE employees (site creators).
  6. Thalador Active Member

FWIW - I love the SIG!
    ZUES likes this.
  7. Rotherian Well-Known Member

As others have indicated, SOE does not have control over the wiki. Site layout changes are done by the eq2i admins and edits to individual pages are generally performed by players. (I used to contribute, but decided that I had better things to do with my time - such as actually play the game.)

Regardless whether you love or hate the signature, the Forum Guidelines says this about signatures:

ZUES, I've had my signature dinged for being less than a dozen pixels over the limit* (of course, I fixed this by using a smaller font for the letters, so there wasn't any information loss) while yours is at least 534px wide by 410px tall when viewed with the stretched style and at least 267px wide by 820px tall when viewed with the default style. That said, I'm not a moderator, so I won't tell you that you have to change your signature (since it isn't my job to do so). However, you shouldn't be surprised if someone whose job is to enforce the forum guidelines contacts you and tells you to change it***.

* Some folks (those that use the default style) might see my signature as exceeding the limits. However, my signature is designed to be viewed in stretched style (since I think it is pointless to have all that screen real estate to either side and not use it**), and it fits within the standard when viewed with that style.
    ** I understand why it is the default option (it is better for viewing on a handheld device such as a smartphone or tablet), but I can't help the way some folks view it. This is how it looks with stretched style as well as when previewed (using either style):
    [IMG]
    *** If they do so, I'd suggest just listing the names (with the class and level following the name in parentheses) and hyperlink to the eq2u page for each character using the character's name. Ultimately, though, it is up to you how you fix it.
  8. ShaggyBodom Well-Known Member

Just gotta say, thanks for mentioning the stretched style, I didn't know it existed :eek:
  9. Deveryn Well-Known Member

It's still excessive to list all those characters. You can link them all together by opting in to show alts.