SOE Maintenance Notice: July 29, 2014

Discussion in 'News and Announcements' started by Amnerys, Jul 28, 2014.

1. Amnerys Member

[IMG]

Attention players: we will perform maintenance beginning at 3:00 AM PDT* on Tuesday, July 29, 2014. We expect this maintenance to take approximately two hours. This will impact the following SOE services:

• Commerce functions, including purchases
    • Game, web and forum logins

Thank you for your patience as we complete this maintenance.

*Convert to your local time

- SOE Community Team
  2. Lady Marlyn Member

So we start off Tues. morning with this 2 hour maintenance ( 3 am - 5 am ) Then WHAM we get a message about another 2 hour Scheduled maintenance from ( 7 am - 9 am ). Those many of us that work try to get as much out of the holidays as possible in between our chaotic work schedules. You guys do not help matters when you have all kinds of maintenance -- regular or otherwise during the holidays especially.
  3. Wyndsworn Member

With everything that these guys have put into the game, all the improvements, weekly features etc. etc. I'm surprised there is a scheduled maintenance done so seldom. I know from first hand experience that quality takes time and back breaking work. Mega Kudos to the SOE team !! Unfortunately some believe that your team can keep all the games going indefinitely, adding new content and making everyone happy just by pure magic, although admittedly some of what you do IS close to pure magic.

Again, I would like to say Mega Kudos to the SOE team !! WELL DONE
  4. hollymay New Member

Kudos My ***!!! I agree with Lady Marlyn I am sick and tired of SOE bringing down the servers to do "Scheduled Maintenance" during major holidays is a load of crap! Of the hundreds of millions of $$ they make off us, you would they would pay someone 10 bucks an hour to look at a world calendar to not schedule a down time during A national holiday!! Booo Soe!
  5. Aveu New Member

July 29th??? Which national holiday is that?
    Mashef, Spindle and Avahlynn like this.
  6. Spindle Well-Known Member

It is a New Year Holiday, observed in some countries as a national holiday.
  7. Thorgald New Member

So "getting as much out of the holiday as possible" means "sitting inside playing a game" for you? That to me looks more like "getting F all out of your holiday".
  8. Malleria Well-Known Member

You picked a weird forum to come to with that attitude. Gamers talking about gaming on a gaming forum? Whoda thought it possible!
    Ihatenix, aspekx and Juraiya like this.
  9. puppybreath Active Member

Ummmmm did Sony forget to wind their watch? 3:16am and Im still in game. :confused:
  10. Malleria Well-Known Member

The servers aren't coming down for this maintenance, only the ability to log-in could be affected. The downtime later will bring the servers down.
  11. Naramsin Well-Known Member

I do not begrudge the need to take the server down for maintenance, and in fact I thank you for busting major backside. However, in the future can I please get some kind of in-game notification?

Normally, I'd hear a soundbyte, then see a chat message in yellow warning that the servers are coming down. Unfortunately, the only way I figured out the server was down was that I only got the update for daily tasks after killing one named, but not the second. so I try another, and still no update. So I log off and clear my cache folder, then start the client up and hit "Play", only to be met with:
    "ERROR! There was an error completing your request. Please try again."
  12. Xentin Member

Is there an update to the time table for this? Its been 2.5hrs since I got kicked out of game while zoning, wanted to play some before the patch.
  13. Victorious New Member

A national holiday? Where do you live? this is not a holiday

during the holidays especiallo look at a world calendar to not schedule a down time during A national holiday!! Booo Soe!

SMH
  14. Evisca D'White Member

"Why are things broken? Why aren't you fixing them?"
    " What are you doing taking down my game to fix things?"
    If you won the lottery would you gripe about the taxes?

Rhetorical question.
    Ihatenix likes this.
  15. Gothproxy New Member

What holiday? Normal work week for many. And just what kind of maintenance schedule do you suggest? There are players here from every timezone / part of the world. Someone is going to be inconvenienced by any maintenance. So you would rather it not be you? Well gee, how noble. Go outside, get some sun, and let the SOE crew do what they need to do so that all of us can have a good time.
    Tariya and Evisca D'White like this.
  16. Evisca D'White Member

Please see above post to previous whiner. By the way, if you don't like how and when SoE fixes our game for us, you should probably take your business elsewhere since they're not going to stop doing (or change) anything just because you cried tears of inconvenience on the interwebs.
  17. Naramsin Well-Known Member

Logged back in@5:30AM and they were back up. Was only on for about five minutes when the in-game notification came back up, so I logged out to let the devs do their thing. Thank you SoE for stepping up to the plate, you guys rock!
  18. Flora117 New Member

The fact is nothing in this world is perfect. If you think it is, your only fooling yourself. Take into consideration how big this game is, the intensive work it takes to keep it up and running. You can try to anticipate any problems that might occur, but you just cant. I'm sure they try their best. I've been on this game since it started. Remember how many times it went down in the beginning? Notice all the changes they have made to our benefit over the years. Yes, we pay $14.99 a month, but that doesn't mean there isn't going to be issues. It's just part of life. If your not happy here, no one is making you stay. Find another game that will make you happy, but i'm sure you'll see the same issue. I've played other online games, and they all have patches, and emergency patches.
    Tariya and Naramsin like this.
  19. Thak New Member

Wow,......All I can say is, if SOE makes you soooooo upset, why don't you go play WoW or something? I like the fact they try do do fixes and updates to keep the game fresh and alive for us all. You know it's gonna happen every Tuesday and the fact that they have "emergency fixes" means they realized there was a problem and fixed it as soon as they could, rather than wait until all of Norrath has crashed first or no updates were happening with whatever major quest was added that people can not move forward for.
  20. Mashef Member

The only holidays on 7/29 are that of International Tiger Day, National Anthem Day (Romania) and National Thai Language day (Thailand).

None of which is construed as a major holiday anywhere, even in those countries.

Thanks for the quick maintenance today SOE!