So... who killed Rallos Zek?

Discussion in 'History and Lore' started by ARCHIVED-InsaneChaosMarine, Apr 14, 2012.

1. ARCHIVED-InsaneChaosMarine Guest

I'm wondering, since the next expac, I don't think anyones even gotten close.
  2. ARCHIVED-Cusashorn Guest

Heh. Reminds me of how the Plane of Time in the Planes of Power expansion in EQlive wasn't first conquered until 5 months after the Legacy of Ykesha adventure pack was released, and the Trolls were forced to move to Neriak.
  3. ARCHIVED-Rainy Guest

Rallos will be killed by his own kids...apparenly Sullon/Vallon/Tallon fight/finish Rallos and we rempower the swords from his corpse/final death throes. my money is on Sullon landing the killing blow.
  4. ARCHIVED-Cusashorn Guest

I think he was asking if any players in the game have successfully activated or finished the questline and the epic fights that would result in his defeat.
  5. ARCHIVED-Shotneedle Guest

Dev Guild 1 grouped him.
  6. ARCHIVED-JJDillon Guest

Buffrat@Antonia Bayle wrote:

Then SLR'd the loot.
  7. ARCHIVED-Iksar_God Guest

According to http://eq2.guildprogress.com/, the furthest guild along in the game right now has only killed 2/9 bosses in PoWar.
    Kind of back onto the lore topic of Plane of War. This is the first actual Plane we've been able to reach in EQ2. All of the others (Hate, Fear, Love) have all been Shards. Is this because Rallos is more powerful currently than Innoruuk, Cazic-Thule or Erolisi and can manifest his Plane fully where the others can only manage a Shard?
  8. ARCHIVED-Cusashorn Guest

I think it has to do with the fact that all of the shards are accessed through Norrath. It was the "reawakening" of Nektulos forest that brought the Shard of Hate back. It was the prophets and priests of Quellious, Tunare, Mithanial Marr, and Erollisi Marr who helped open up the portal to Love. And the gate leading to Fear was always there, but I forget the reason why it reactivated. For all three of them, its a case of Norrath ----> Planes, which might explain why the Rending actually affected them. In Rallos Zek's case, he brought the Plane of War to Norrath. Maybe the planes can only be accessed entirely if the ruling deity will allow or intend for it to happen, instead of us trying to access it.
  9. ARCHIVED-Yimway Guest

Cusashorn wrote:
    It is brought to us by his move to transition himself into our plane. If other dieties do the same, their planes should become accessible.
  10. ARCHIVED-Meirril Guest

Larkverdin@Unrest_old wrote:
    The shards are portions of the planes that were seperated from the dietie's influence and drifted until they became accessable from Norrath. The dieties have no direct link to these splinters (except for the Shard of Love). The seperation of the dieties was in part to make sure that us adventurers wouldn't be able to access a dietie's home plane. Thus we're still cut off from the Plane of Knowledge which was our starting point for invading the planes last time.
    Rallos Zek is forcing his plane into Norrath so he can manifest here. Not just an avatar, but the diety at full strength. As such, he has made himself vulnerable and given us access to his plane via Drunder which he is using as a gateway between the plane of War and Norrath. This is a risky gamble for Rallos, but he thinks he will win in a battle with Kerafyrm. Probably in a battle between all of Norrath and him too. Though, the main weakness in his plan is he probably doesn't expect his own children to betray him. If he wasn't planning on consuming them to regain his powers they would of remained loyal.