so whats your favourite expac

Discussion in 'General TLE Discussion' started by docsam, Mar 13, 2019.

1. docsam Member

TLE/TLP servers on EQ1 seems to start dying around POP(reason they locked 1 server to that timeline).
    Wondering what yours is ?
    For instance my brother who loved EQ2 for a long time would swear by KoS as the best
    My friend who played up to ToV or so swears by EoF
    I would go with RoK as it had amazing outdoor ,great dungeons and of course the epic.To me though it was probably the last gasp effort made to boost EQ2 numbers and thus holds a bitter sweet feeling as it was amazing but after that the expansions become really low quality compared to say RoK or EoF
  2. Ghorast Active Member

KoS, would be TSO if not for those "x% chance to proc irrating debuff when receiving hit" buffes all names seem to have
  3. Fangrim Active Member

TSO and ToV for me.
  4. Pestilus New Member

TSO > EoF > KoS > RoK.

I loved all of those expansions to be honest, it is really hard for me to choose. I somewhat enjoyed SF too, but after that it all went downhill for me especially whatever expansion introduced mercs.
    Chimeron likes this.
  5. Kurth Member

Echoes of Faydwer. It hit all the nostalgia buttons that the previous releases hadn't. The zones were much closer to their original appearances, the music was great, and it introduced Gnomeland Security.
  6. nonsequiter New Member

EoF and RoK were my personal favorites.

EoF mostly because Kelethin was always my go to starting city in EQ1. RoK was the first and only time I actually had a character that made it to the current endgame content. I enjoyed many of the dungeons and the zone progression of RoK
  7. Molly New Member

TSO
    EoF
    DoV
  8. Rosyposy Well-Known Member

Altar of Malice is my favorite xpac.
  9. tbmroark Member

10. Sigrdrifa EQ2 Wiki Author

Kingdom of Sky forever.
  11. Breanna Well-Known Member

I can't ever remember all the names last one I really like was Phantom and Tranquil Sea. Actually sort of a tie between that and Sundered Frontier and Stonebrunt.
    Rosyposy likes this.
  12. Adoninilol Well-Known Member

TSO>SF>EOF>DOV>KOS>>>>>>>>T5>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>T6
    edit: RoK is an expansion entirely to get a mythical for the best expansion.
  13. Kindread Active Member

Echoes of Faydwer.

Class AAs make some classes.
  14. Keldo Member

This. To a tee. At release, I had largely written off EQ2 and was dabbling with competitor MMOs at the time. Then I got an email promoting a free "Return to EQ2 & Play the Fae!" trial that they were running during EoF. It was everything that I felt the game was initially lacking. The addition of AAs made leveling feel like a qualitative process as opposed to a grind or something to be rushed through.

Also, to a lot of EQ1 veterans, we loved our starting areas and capital cities - all of them. But many of us loved Kelethin the most. I can't explain why. It was something about the aesthetic, the majesty of Gfay, and the incredible music. EoF tapped into that with incredible remixes of the original EQ1 midi-style tracks.

Also, this may just be me, but the style and the aesthetic of the previous two expansions just felt very all-over-the-place and less nichely EQ2.
  15. Elskidorr Active Member

Probably EoF but KoS, RoK, SF and DoV I all enjoyed.
  16. Mountbatten Well-Known Member

SF, TSO, DoV, pretty much in that order. RoK wasn't terrible either.
  17. Frid Member

Kingdom of Sky, the game was at its absolute peak. Great open dungeons, good end game, the claymore questline and don't forget the fact that unlike of those crappy expansions that you mentioned, you could actually find low level groups instead of solo questing ad nauseam.
  18. Feara Well-Known Member

Oops, I didn't catch this was in the TLE.
    Breanna likes this.
  19. MightyMeaghan Well-Known Member

RoK, TSO, EoF in that order.
  20. Leed Active Member

DoF because it was the first.

RoK for really feeling like a whole new continent (although all instance portals being near each other is much easier for group finding now - no more 'well, we got a healer, but they're over in Sebilis at Crypt of Agony, can somebody lead them from start of Chardok down to us at Court of Korucust? Crap, healer's here but it took so long the tank had to go, there's a tank available but he's over at Charasis). If you have trouble finding a group now - imagine if it still had the layout of RoK.

KA for really getting me involved again. It kind of lost me around CoE. Sure, I played still, but not really. KA was where I got back into things, managed to do every heroic zone, did the key quests, even completed the meta collection. I was socializing, I was sending tells - 'Hey you got X shiny? I got Y shiny. Let's trade.....what if I throw in 100k pp too that I got from selling some keys?' Sometimes people I traded shinies with I even went and grouped with to try and get another one. Then when I finished it the reward item was great, felt worth it, and gave a great sense of accomplishment. Not only had I been doing the heroics, but also talking, chatting, trading, socializing, working out deals to get the missing shinies I needed - the whole gambit to finally earn a reward that was best in slot (or at least the closest my nonraiding self would get).