So since the dev's are looking at aa

Discussion in 'Warden' started by ARCHIVED-joyhinia, Jul 13, 2011.

1. ARCHIVED-joyhinia Guest

Here is my personal write up on my thoughts on warden aa's figured we may as well show dev's what we are using and what we aren't:
    Warden AA's

So since its been said that they are gonna be looking at aa's I thought it worthwhile creating a thread about whats good and whats bad in the warden aa choices.

Druid tree

Shapeshift - Nice small bonus for whichever choice you make can't really complain

Primordial Strike Line (STR)

This line is pretty nice although at higher levels Natural Boon isn't really worth taking, most wardens just put 2 points here to open primordial strike up

Tortoise Shell Line (AGI)

Calm Animals and Charm Animals are possibly the worse aa choices in game, they are very limited and charm animals takes up 3 con slots, I'm sure some pvp wardens may use this but PvE wise this is a complete waste of aa points that every raiding druid in game uses due to Wild Regeneration and Tortoise Shell which are both highly useful AA's.

Serenity Line (STA)

Overall this line isn't bad, would be nice to see more use for serene symbol outside of PvP however i can live with putting 4 points here to get the rest of the line.

Rebirth Line (WIS)

Some druids love this line, others hate it, Hierophant's Grasp is very useful for both druid classes and some people like the rest of the line too, overall not a overally bad line compared to some.

Infusion Line (INT)

This is another pretty nice line, not everyone takes it but for those that do they love it, stormvision is another meh ability but when you only need to put 2 points in it to get the endline no one is complaining.

SF Line

Some very nice choices here especially Wild Protection.

Warden Tree

Nature's Walk Line

There is nothing really bad in this line and all wardens tend to take this line.

Force of Nature Line

The Combat Art Conversions are nice especially at lower levels however with less melee stats avaliable to priests alot of wardens are starting to use range specs however they still take this line cause its 100% better than the shatter infection line and 0.3 auto-attack modifier is very nice.

Reformation Line

This is a pretty nice line nothing that makes you go wow but everyone still takes it.

Shatter Infection Line

Other than Enhance Cure Curse this entire could be scrapped, I don't know any wardens who take this line at all.

SF Line

Same as on druid tree some nice choices although I would still like to see cyclone made castable on a raid member.

Shadows Tree

There are some meh abilities here but nothing really bad.

Heroic Tree

Being the new tree this is pretty much fine the way it is although not many druids are taking faith of the fallen.

Some things that would be nice to see for wardens are:
    A way to make instinct groupwide or other offensive groupwide utility
    Make cyclone castable on a raid friend

What are everyone else's thoughts do you disagree with anything I've put, lets put ours thoughts together while soe are looking at the aa's :)
  2. ARCHIVED-Xaomen Guest

I like all of what you said personally. Id like to see both Natural Boon and Stormcallers Renewal Proc Hot's instead of a direct grp heal, but prehaps thast asking for to much.
    Like you said Natural Boon needs a increase in its healing if nothing else. Or leave it at its current value and make it where if you spend a full 10 in it it converts said amount to a Grp ward. I dont think that would be to over powered at its current value.
    Our cure line is crap, There should be options to add a decent grp heal amount to both our grp cures and id be happy tbh. and no not the 300 or w/e hot it currently gets on the one cure, but maybe say 900 at least plus the hot? As far as the endline goes, they could make it where we can cast the ability and it frees our grp of all control effects and/or hostile effects and put it on a longer recast. I know we have breaks with howling and Sereinty, but just these few changes would give the line some life.
    Or they can get rid of the cure line, just have a single aa to enhance our cures like our fury kin gets and give us some way to make Instinct Group wide. Please if any devs really read this I beg you consdier this, its been asked for for years, dont ingore us, its not like it would be op in any way especailly compared to what other healers get and really would make use wanted in raids, would be great for a scout grp imo.
    I really think thats all we need, some way via aa to make our instinct grp wide and that alone would give us a much need boost in desireability in raids imo. And if you didnt know devs once the expac is broken in and in a lot of cases not even then, besides rare times you need three healers in mt grp we are benched for other healers who provide more.
    And please before people start coming in here saying we are great healers and etc and we are DEFENISVE note I didnt ask for anything offensive for ourselves, I asked to make our abilties more in line with DOV content and for some much needed grp Utility.
  3. ARCHIVED-Xaomen Guest

And not to derail, but this is sad, where are my fellow Wardens at? Its sad when Rosvita who is now a Fury (yes im aware you made a warden though ) Is the only one who is trying to spear head some changes for us, Are we the only two Wardens left? I know on Nagafen other then for pvp purposes it seems like wardens are extinct other then my own. I see a ton of Furies, and dont get me wrong, our fury kin needed love and a lot of it and im happy they got it, but im really hoping some dev listens to our pleas and helps us out.
    We didnt even ask for much imo, just a few simple things and we would be good to go. I know it proably wont happen with Instinct, cant tell you how many times ive feed backed it And I know many have in the past, if a dev could at least say theyed look into it or flat out tell us no id rather that then being ingored. Come on Wardens pitch in, post your ideas like the op asked, Since the devs are looking at AA's theres a faint hope we can maybe get some needed changes if we have more voices weigh in!
  4. ARCHIVED-NolaDragon Guest

Hey hey, slow down Mayladen, you gota realize 8 days for response aint really that long. And maybe some others are needing some time to ponder.
    I gota say though Rosvita has done some awesome posting on the warden. And I will never consider her a hissy kitty fury. LOL
    Off the top of my head based on what most people ask or complain about , and also it might make some sort of sense in a realism sort of way ~
    What if charm animal had a group side effect that was similar to instinct?
    One of the reasons we hear nothing on a group instinct imo , is game mechanically it could potentially be to powerful.
    But what if we had another version via a charmed pet? sorta like a shaman pet I suppose , possibly activateable by the mez animal ability for a short duration and based on ranks for potency and duration.
    Just a ruff Idea that popped into my head. But I'd totally forget about it if they decided to consider the ole ~Forrest of Terror~ idea
  5. ARCHIVED-Xaomen Guest

YAY we arent alone :D I know 8 days isnt to long but the clock is ticking just want to see some ideas a going. As far as Instinct goes even group wide it wouldnt be anywhere near Fantascim levels from the inq. Yeah I know it has a pwoer drain, they could add a power drain to ours to give it a determent though we dont run out of power due to myth neither does a ing with Inquest on a scout for example.
    As far as your idea goes, I like it, personally id like to see them changed to effect our fae ally and the tree, make them aoe immune and give some increased healing or upgrade thier healing output. Or Id love to see both be turned into a enhance fae ally, the first with 10 spent could make the fae ally a perment summoned pet with aoe immune, and the other can increase the heals of the fae and enhance its abilties, nothing to ubber, but that is something id love to see personaly.
  6. ARCHIVED-ReverendPaqo Guest

Rosvita@Runnyeye wrote:
    Anyway, thats my thoughts on everything.
    I'm only doing easy mode raids and solo healing every dov instance spare the drunders (simply because I'm playing my wizzy more at this current time when doing stuff like that), and tbh can't speak about it from a hm raiding perspective.
  7. ARCHIVED-NolaDragon Guest

I totally forgot about the Fairy ally xillean.
    But something with pet charm happening ... maybe a heroic enhance option.
    Basically we trade 3 concentration for the upgrade , we need to charm an animal to get it , or mez ... enhance mez wouldnt be bad either. But maybe throw the mez out and introduce a new ability relateing to pets and our other abilitys. IDK maybe sumthin totally different?
    Ofcourse im crazy and I dont know what im talking about , But the forrest of terror would be awesome... http://forums.station.sony.com/eq2/...181430&#2000685
  8. ARCHIVED-Xaomen Guest

I forgot to add that if it bumped uo our fae ally the same would be done for the furies Ball lighting :D though that would mean if both helped our fae both would help thier ball lighting since they dont have another pet im aware of like we got the tree.
    Still good ideas im seeing, we may not always agree with each other but as a community we have to try and get some changes made.
  9. ARCHIVED-Valonia Guest

Whatever you do to change the AA trees SoE ... do not touch my permanent, undispellable Tiger form!
    .. Seriously! .. Remove it's stats and add it as fluff spell if you have to, but if you remove or change it into something else, I'll quit. For good! Rawr!!!
  10. ARCHIVED-gatrm Guest

TBH I'd be happy if they'd just add the option to spend 5 AA to make Instinct Group wide. Heck, I would spend 10.
    I don't expect it to happen, and I'm rather apathetic at the moment, but I essentially agree with Rosvita's OP. Would be nice if the Devs tore apart the KOS tree like they seem to be doing with the EOF tree, take out the webbing and prerequisites, and allow us to take certain abilities like Wild Regeneration and Tortoise Shell without having to take the useless charm and mez. That way those druids who are unable to solo effectively on their own can continue to get the pets that I disdain because of their uselessness.
  11. ARCHIVED-Xaomen Guest

Yeah id like that as well tbh. And id spend 10 for grp wide instinct as well, just give us a option devs, make it cost a bit, make it cost a lot, I dont care just give us the option.
  12. ARCHIVED-NolaDragon Guest

Thats what Im saying ... you have to charm a pet to get it ... does it make sense?
    Maybe a heroic option to turn charm animal into a group buff
    Basically you charm a pet and it is better than a shaman one , because you give up 3 concentration for it.
    I suppose depending on the pet , you would get a different group buff???
  13. ARCHIVED-NolaDragon Guest

The Mez animal option should probably be changed.
    To what though???
    Any Ideas?
  14. ARCHIVED-NolaDragon Guest

Could be atleast 3 different group buffs ... and a buff similar to group wide instinct could be one of them. I would say the pet would have to be a cat. meow
  15. ARCHIVED-Xaomen Guest

Hmm Problem with charm animal there isnt always a animal to charm, in zones and raids and etc, now if it where to work like the corecer possess essence it might be slightly better but only if what we copied staid with us upon zoning. I would rather them just make our fae ally permenant and let it provide your grp buff idea :D
    Would be even better if it provided some small boost to a entire raid like the summoners pet oes, but really something to give us grp instinct or something like it and making our current pets worth something would be good for me, dont care how they do it just do it dev pwease!
  16. ARCHIVED-Tigress Guest

Prestissimo@Butcherblock wrote:
    rebirth is very useful. you just have to get to know it and understand it. if you are with a bad tank, go ahead and hit that revive button & then shut it off. if it was an accidental bad pull & you watch nearly everyone else die, you back out of the aggro range and take your death. then you get up and revive the group. if everyone died while you were dying, you quickly move out of the way before the mob realizes that you are alive again. when i first started using rebirth, it was mostly two deaths per their one. now, its not. at times, i may end up dying more than the others but thats bc my death comes and then i can hit them with an emergency group heal so they dont die. it would really stink if they removed this AA.

the calm animals & charm animal, yes please get rid of it!
  17. ARCHIVED-Lossewen Guest

Xillean@Nagafen wrote:
    You've missed all the chatter in WWWarden channel since Nagafen players can't use it....
  18. ARCHIVED-Xaomen Guest

/sad panda I really really wish They would let us naggy players join would love to talk to some of you guys and gals, I read lot and study the parses and etc on the other site, proably should make a account and stop lurking. But still wish I could talk to wardens but since I cant this is the best I get to do ftl.
  19. ARCHIVED-SOE-MOD-04 Guest

This post has moved: /eq2/posts/preList.m?topic_id=500111&post_id=5594164 Removed for trolling
  20. ARCHIVED-hortefoutre Guest

Vitriol@Splitpaw wrote:
    I send really a lot of feed back to the Dev about wardens. The class is going extinct. I never ever saw a raiding guild recruiting one. But i see dayly calls for furies/inquis and defilers and a bit less often for mystics.
    The two healers that i never ever see being recruited are templar and warden.
    The problem is that an offensive healer like an inquisitor provide enough healing a way way more buff than a poor templar with a single group cure.
    The current mess is extreme, an inquisitor bring more safety to his group than a templar because it has a second cure that can be cast even while running/flying.
    A furie bring more safety than a warden to her group because she can use hibernate before an aoe hit and porcupine. Moreover a furie is inherently 10% stronger just with her self 10% potency buf. Now, add on the top massive HOT coming from any cure (SF fury aa) and very good buf for mage dps and you can simply delete the warden class.
    I m quite sure that nobody plays a templar or a warden in san diego.
    What i would like is a clear and official statement claiming that those 2 classes are discontunued and allowing us hencefore to betray without loosing any gear and while keeping the amount of masters we had in the "deleted" class.
    PS: We are in a better shape than templars, at least i m not affected much by mana drains and i have 2 group cure + aoe blocker. Templars are currently a joke -- inquis get shield ally too --