So now that we have more 54+'s roaming the boards.. which spell did you Master II

Discussion in 'Warlock' started by ARCHIVED-AngelVyxen, Sep 26, 2005.

1. ARCHIVED-AngelVyxen Guest

Please let us know what you upgraded, why you chose it, and if you would keep it on a respec. Thanks =)
  2. ARCHIVED-Senen74 Guest

Well, me personaly I origionaly took the soulflay m2, then I respeced and took the pbaoe name escapes me now, for more dps on multi-grp pulls. I then instead of taking the ebon though upgrade at 54 again took the ae upgrade instead. I talked with my guild and the concensus was I could get a ad3 made of the same spell and there would only be a 3 or 4 point diffrence in the skill gain which wasnt worth looseing the dmg upgrade of a m2 ae. I would highly suggest not going with soulflay and upgrading the pbaoe, you can get a ad3 of soulflay made pretty cheap now and soulflay m2 was never something I used much anyways.
  3. ARCHIVED-Kvenau Guest

You don't use soulflay much? Wow. I use it constantly in groups.
    With Master I Aura of Emptiness it's best to use the faster nukes to get the procs off.

As far as lvl 54 choice, I went with Seal of Ebon Thought.
    Given a respec it's too early to tell, I'll wait for raids to determine that... raids are currently borked so...

I already have Master I of 2 of the other choices though, so it was sort of a no-brainer for me.
  4. ARCHIVED-Nergall Guest

Soul Flay M2
    Ebon of thought.

A no brainer tbh.
  5. ARCHIVED-Max122 Guest

Same here soul flay and Seal of ebon thought.

Dark Nebula to me just isnt worth the master 2 and thats really the only other spell in question for the 54 choice.
  6. ARCHIVED-Splatterpunk28 Guest

Soul Flay & Dark Nebula
    I debated Abysmal Fury for a moment, but it is massive aggro -- I think more than any other spell and the dps on it is not impressive. The stifle is the same no matter the quality, so Soul Flay was my choice. Soul Flay btw, I use on nearly every encounter -- Abysmal Fury, maybe one in 50.
    I also thought about upgrading Seal...but it seems to decrease your resist rate against white mobs by something around 10%? Hmm, I'll pass.
    Message Edited by Splatterpunk28 on 10-04-2005 03:42 PM
  7. ARCHIVED-Collectall3 Guest

Soul Flay is a good choice it is one of the most used t5 spells we get
    At 54 I plan on picking the Seal I already have DN at adept 3 and don't think upgrading Netheros is worth while see the post here for more info on Netheros http://eqiiforums.station.sony.com/eq2/board/message?board.id=24&message.id=12356
    And I don't think I will be using Shadowed Pillaging will be used enough to make it a worthwhile choice for a training option

Abysmal Fury is a good spell I use it a lot more then 1 in 50 fights more like 1 in 5 fights or so but Soul Flay gets used in 99% of the fights
  8. ARCHIVED-Max122 Guest

I use abysmal fury alot couple that with wicked gift my god thats all i can say. Soul Flay is only not used on fights I dont cast lol.
  9. ARCHIVED-pharacyde Guest

I went for dark nebula. In our guild we have enough troubadours who can buff up my disruption even more. So I didnt go for the extra buffing from adept III to M2 from Seal of ebon thought. Also the resist chance on a master II is lower then on an adept III or master I. And when things go bad for the tank, I rather be sure that my dark nebula doesn't get resisted, so the 3.5sec stun can safe the day.