So, if I buy CoE....

Discussion in 'General Gameplay Discussion' started by BRAEDO, Dec 29, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BRAEDO New Member

in the past, buying an expansion would give you acess to all previous expansions... Is this still the case; will I have access to AoD etc if I pick up the CoE expansion?

thanks
  2. Meaghan Stormfire Well-Known Member

3. Gudum Active Member

CoE includes all previous expansions with the exception of AoD. Technically Sony does not consider AoD to be a game expansion, so they chose not to include it with CoE.

If you buy the collector's edition of CoE, you will not be able to use the mercenary if you do not have AoD.
  4. Onorem Active Member

AoD certainly was considered an expansion by SOE...but you are correct that it is not included with CoE.
  5. Lygerr Active Member

it wasn't always the way you remember, i don't recall previous expansions being all inclusive. if you want the mercs and access to BLs then you have to pay for both expansions. at times they do offer inclusive packages but they never have included ALL content.
  6. Archaical Active Member

There is a reason SOE has such a terrible name in the business. Is this really surprising to you?
  7. Onorem Active Member

Both TSO and SF were all in one compilation packs.
  8. Estred Well-Known Member

AoD is more a feature pack I still find it hard to call an expansion unless it was "Skyshrine" which with GU 60/61 at the same time... hard to tell which was which.

Only problem with SS was Underdepths was too easy minus the 5 HM Fights to realistiallcy server the bridge from Drunder to PoW as it was intended... they had to up Drunder HM because Drunder was harder = more 'reward'

CoE comes with DoV and before. Only thing you do not get is AoD.
  9. Thimdirran Active Member

Once again into the Pythoniverse,

"HUMPHREY: Now, before I begin the lesson, will those of you who are playing in the match this afternoon move your clothes down onto the lower peg immediately after lunch, before you write your letter home, if you're not getting your hair cut, unless you've got a younger brother who is going out this weekend as the guest of another boy, in which case, collect his note before lunch, put it in your letter after you've had your hair cut, and make sure he moves your clothes down onto the lower peg for you. Now,--
    WYMER: Sir?
    HUMPHREY: Yes, Wymer?
    WYMER: My younger brother's going out with Dibble this weekend, sir, but I'm not having my hair cut today, sir. So, do I move my clothes down, or--
    HUMPHREY: I do wish you'd listen, Wymer. It's perfectly simple. If you're not getting your hair cut, you don't have to move your brother's clothes down to the lower peg. You simply collect his note before lunch, after you've done your scripture prep, when you've written your letter home, before rest, move your own clothes onto the lower peg, greet the visitors, and report to Mr. Viney that you've had your chit signed."
  10. Erszebeth Active Member

Actually, with the exception of DoF and KoS, all expansions have been all inclusive, EoF even included the adventure packs, Isle of Mara, Splitpaw, and Bloodlines. AoD WAS considered an expansion, but they changed it later to a "feature pack" when they realized that their entire player base was ready to go rabid on them over the complete jipping of...well...everything that AoD was.
    CoE includes DoV, everything up through SF is free, AoD must be purchased seperately.
  11. Erszebeth Active Member

the facepalm I believe is in response to the fact that this is somewhere in the vicinity of the 5th-20th thread of this topic since CoE launched, not including all the questions about it BEFORE it launched, all regarding this exact same question.
  12. SOE-MOD-19 Member

Thread locked.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.