So HQ rewards are not for "all my characters"

Discussion in 'General TLE Discussion' started by FracasKrusher, Jul 4, 2017.

1. FracasKrusher Active Member

Still on the fence about FG.

But a guildie explained that it
    is NOT an account wide reward on HQ
    for all my characters
    (as implied by the official announcement ).

It is a single reward for a single character.
    Want it for the alts, prepare to grind...

Leaving a bad taste in my mouth, like statements
    made by a lawyer or used car salesman.

Am I the only player interpreting it as account wide?
  2. Kari Well-Known Member

It certainly sounds like its for all of them.
    Blazen likes this.
  3. Uxtalzon Active Member

The home page news has a history of misleading statements like that. Nobody cares to correct it, because whoever posts it doesn't listen to anyone.

Probably Holly.
  4. Katz Well-Known Member

Can someone post proof that it is only for one character? Until then, it is just a rumor.
    Screenshots please.

I'm assuming that the characters on live server have to have completed the HQ on live for it to be available.
    Also, can these be converted to house items? If so, is the appearance different from the current HQ house items?
  5. Savaj New Member

Wow. Really is that called for?

Friends, please just learn to read. It's there.. it's really not that hard to do a small amount of research before you throw a tantrum. Your given something nice and all you want is more. If you have the mindset of being miserable you will be.
    Spindle and Xephane like this.
  6. Sigrdrifa EQ2 Wiki Author

If this is the behavior you're seeing, you need to report it as a bug. That's not what they said in the announcement.

However, check the item(s). I'm pretty sure that some items are still not usable by all classes. Be sure that's not the issue.
  7. Ryuken Active Member

Account wide and NOT consumed.
    [IMG]
    Blazen and Xephane like this.
  8. Lateana Older than Dirt, Playing EQII since 2004

Maybe its because the Inheritance merchants were taken down until the next update.
  9. Cyrrena Well-Known Member

Without the inheritance merchant there is no possible way to disprove the DB statement that the items are for every character on every server. Stop throwing shade until you know for certain.

Cyrrena
    Prissetta likes this.
  10. Ryuken Active Member

From the Currency-screen after completing Heritage Quests. (above Loyalty Points etc)

It states account wide and not consumed on use.
    [IMG]
    Katz likes this.
  11. Uxtalzon Active Member

Nice multiple personal attacks, but the last misleading statement I saw about PGs being only "available for a limited time" tricked me into grinding hours longer than I would have liked in a broken, buggy, unbalanced feature. I'm quite wary about what's said an advertised vs. what's actually in game.

My expectations will remain low for this game, but my standards do not. I'm more than willing to stricken my own words and apologize if I'm wrong.

Fact of the matter is, some or few getting 1-for-1 instead of being an account-wide benefit.
  12. FracasKrusher Active Member

Thanks for the helpful replies.

Of the people posting the item,
    Have you actually used it to get the HQ reward on 2 or more characters yourself?

Simple request that will clarify things for me.

Thanks
  13. Xephane Active Member

The item highly implies that you will be able to get more than one item. Account wide, not consumed upon usage = infinite 1. If it isn't consumed then it will always be there and you can continue to get the items.
  14. Ryuken Active Member

It clearly states in the text that the voucher isn't consumed on use and that it is account-wide in the currency screen.

IF the voucher is consumed , then it's clearly a bug and not working as they intended.
    Xephane likes this.
  15. FracasKrusher Active Member

Have either of you used the same voucher on 2 characters yet?
  16. Xyza Member

well the inheritance merchants are not currently in game so would be difficult to go use the currency on 1 character atm much less 2+

http://u.eq2wire.com/item/index/2442374004 shows the same name disco'ing on 2 different servers so generally fair to guess that its the same person
  17. Revel Well-Known Member

I did notice that when I completed DWB the other day, upon turn in I got the message that I received an extra voucher for being a member.
  18. Caith Developer

Your guildmate gave you incorrect information. Once these are unlocked, any character on your account can purchase them as many times as they want.
    Katz, Xephane, Observing and 2 others like this.
  19. Revel Well-Known Member

Thank you for clearing this up.