So how are Paladins after the December 1st patch?

Discussion in 'Fighters' started by Mortac, Dec 10, 2021.

1. Mortac New Member

The December 1st patch saw a lot of ability and class changes. I'm thinking of coming back to the game after many years of absence and I'm considering playing a Paladin, but I've read that they've been kind of sucking compared to many other tanks.

Are Paladins good now after the latest changes?

Did they finally balance all of the classes better?

I'm looking specifically at these changes from the patch notes:

Increased the damage scaling above level 120 for the following abilities, and triggered effects. This is separate from the base 35% scaling level increase.

Paladin: Divine Vengeance, Faith Strike, Faithful Cry, Heroic Dash, Holy Circle, Holy Strike, Penitent Kick.

• Paladin
      • Castigate will dispel 50% more when cast above level 120.
      • Crusade will Increased the Fervor of both priests and fighters when cast above level 120.
      • Decreased the base casting time of Divine Aura from 1.5 to 1.
      • Decreased the base reuse time of Ancient Wrath from 30 to 24.
      • Decreased the base reuse time of Divine Favor from 300 to 180.
      • Decreased the base reuse time of Stonewall from 90 to 60.
      • Holy Aid will now increase all mitigations when cast above level 110.
      • Holy Ground will now upgrade at level 125.
      • Increased the base damage of Consecration from 3.6 to 12.6 when cast above level 120.
      • Increased the base duration of Faith from 3 to 6.
      • Increased the base health increase of Blessing of the Paladin from 0.05 to 0.5.
      • Increased the cure amount of Cure Spells.
      • Increased the damage of Holy Ground from 2.2 to 6.2 when cast above level 120.
      • Increased the potency scaling of Wrath Stance at higher levels.
      • Prayer of Healing will increase max hit point percent instead of raw max hp when cast above level 120.
      • Raid Armament will now provide arcane as well as physical mitigation.
      • Resolute Faith will now upgrade at level 125.
      • Updated Divine Wall to give a scaling max hp buff instead of a stat conversion from crit bonus to max hp.
      • Wrath Stance will now scale its Fervor increase at higher levels.
  2. Virtuosity Active Member

Pally's are still struggling for hate. If a good amends target in group then ok, just ok. But hate generation on my Pally ( my main toon and by far my best geared one) compared to either of my alt tanks is ... pitfully low. Combine that with so many names in heroics memwiping and Pally's well documented lack of snaps, and its a bit of a chore when compared to other tanks. Hate to say it as I love the Pally, but its true.
  3. Akada Member

Pally now is a little bit better in line of other tanks (especially Monks) DPS wise.
    Aggro it depends on Skills and if T1 DDs have adornt their -minus hategain rune or not. Coercer (hategain) or dirge (hategain+Stoneskin) can also helps.
    For mitigation compensate run with conji, because this class can buff you 80k miti.
  4. Keffin Member

Though they increased the cure amount of Cure spells (Thank you by the way), Zealous Smite also needs some love to cure detriments from raid mobs.