So enchanters are getting the short end of the stick now ?

Discussion in 'PvP & Battlegrounds' started by Marschstiefel, Nov 14, 2014.

1. Marschstiefel Active Member

With the new expansion sony added new adorns,yes and I am sure everyone is aware of that, but what really annoys me is they added an adorn called astral that gives any player a 50% chance to resist any crowd control ability. I will repeat "any player" not just a crusader, priest or bard,any class ! So how about those enchanters that used to be amazing because of their CC,and a great asset to any well stacked group ! So now an enchanter just gets stomped to the crowd ? Time to put it away ? So is this not the enchanters year ? Is it the fall of the great enchanter ? What about bards that depend on cc ? This adorn is going to have a devastating effect on pvp ! Can you imagine as an enchanter that used to be an amazing/ powerful class with the most unique abilities not getting a spell off ? This adorn has to be nerfed or we are not going to have anymore enchanters.
  2. Exur Well-Known Member

All 4 of us are just paper thin mages now... The rest of Norrath is rejoicing! You also forgot to mention the mage/priest 100% immunity to Stun and Stifle adorns.
  3. Marschstiefel Active Member

Exactly ! All I see now are brigands,tanks,and furys {Did I mention the POC was only nerfed to 90% from 110%,and yes you as a fury can still run away from a PVP fight in combat if you want to !} They were supposed to fix guardians/tanks but I guess they left their rubber gloves on,and decided now that we are prepped atm, it's the time to inject the steroids ! Guardians get an ability that is worse than DC. Brigands also get an ability that is worse than BD !
  4. Darksanity Member

LULz really? you guys have been the most OP class in game for a loooong time, this whole last expansion especially. And now you get an insane AOE dmg spell along with the ability to copy any spell or CA with your new ability.. Not to mention you can still kill people with no problem even with the new pvp immunity items. Now given the 100% immunity adorns for stun and stifle will make things a little harder, just means you will have to work for kills now instead of Mezz, then Stifle, then pile on DMG and a person dies before they could ever cast or hit you.
    As far as Guardians go, they got a big nerf and 100% crap prestige line..
    Brigs, yes they are still the most OP scout in game, but they are like paper, every one is like paper right now with removal of toughness and I feel its much better this way..Right now every single class is like glass cannons, all doing huge dmg and all able to take huge dmg. Good place for the game to be, anyone is killable atm.
  5. Exur Well-Known Member

I'd say relax, but I think your anger is pointed at the original post. You are right though, enchanters have been so OP for so long their PvP population increased from 3 people to 5. We almost doubled, so I'm ok with scaling our population back down. Being the only one would be kind of cool.

Tears aside, the OP AoE is for all mages and it's nothing compared to Dagger Storm which all scouts got. I've been testing mimicry, it's nice but not insane. My poor dirge got a temp base increase group buff. lol

Blasting adorns to rule them all... just more proof nothing is checked for PvP before releasing. So broke.
  6. Creasote Well-Known Member

A clear oversight. This same adorn, astral dominion, was a purple adorn last expansion that worked in pvp when purple adorns briefly worked in pvp until they were cancelled.

When they get around to a pvp update, they should change this otherwise yes, enchanters will not be as useful for CC purposes. It just shows how narrow the thought process is when creating pvp items. This adorn should just be removed from pvp.
  7. Darksanity Member

No one should get 100% immunity to Stun and Stifle.. Everyone should be able to use the 50% one though, makes the game a bit more interesting.
  8. Trasor Active Member

Agree with that.
  9. Luanne Active Member

This is why I haven't bought the xpac, and most likely will not until things like this are fixed. There's just no fun in 2 second fights and strategy is basically out the window.
    Even BEFORE the xpac the only viable strategy was bring a few scouts and time bursts and wipe everyone out in less than 1 second with the timed burst.
    Reminds me of one of my favorite duke nukem quotes, "You'd think they'd learn..."