So... Beastlords...

Discussion in 'Beastlord' started by ARCHIVED-Bekmar, Jan 31, 2012.

1. ARCHIVED-Bekmar Guest

The expansion and the class have been out for almost two months now and I'm curious, when are we going to see some balancing action for this class? Beastlords are hugely OP at the moment. I'm not elitist player who uses twitch controls, just a casual keyboard/mouse player, but I can walk into a group of 5-10 mobs that are 6 levels higher than me (50's currently [Did I mention I'm a casual player?]) with a Named ^ or ^^ in the mix and wipe them out in less than a minute. It's almost sickening how quickly Luclin's Pain will reduce the number of attacking enemies to to only 1, maybe 2. I don't even bother with using a defensive posture/stance because mobs just don't live long enough to be a danger. (Edit) I probably shouldn't even bring up the time I killed the named Harpy in the caves of Steamfont at level 42 (I think she's 49^) in one round with a critical Glacial Lance and Throwing crit. 1 round, 2 shots. A quick Luclin's Pain to kill off her cronies and I was looting her chest.
    I would also like to again make note of the bug with Adrenal Flow. I have bugged this in-game a few times and even given a break down on how to recreate the bug, yet as of last night, it still persists. I suppose I should log in tonight and check again since we had a patch today, but there was no mention of it in the notes. In case my in-game /bug reports have disappeared: Finishing a fight with a primal or advantage attack will cause Adrenal Flow to fail to engage. Immediately after leaving combat, I will start losing my Savagrey like I never bothered to put a single point into this skill. To avoid this, I've taken to simply spamming Callous Ferocity as it is the only Offensive Advantage that won't kill my targets outright.
    Beastlord is a fun class, and I understand the hesitation of making them 'less fun', but seriously, the fascination of God-Moding in the game only lasts so long.
  2. ARCHIVED-hortefoutre Guest

I fully agree, indeed i got bored with my Beasty cause it was too easy. At some point i switched to spiritual stance to try to learn a bit and raise my pet affinity but he was then even stronger.
    All toons are totally overpowered till 85, as example a 70 toon will have 15 K hps, 50% potency, crit bonus and crit chance with standard gear. But beasties are anyway still relatively overpowered.
    I can imagine a beasty mercenary, he would probably allow you to "solo" epic x4 ;-) (well i m exagerating but x2 certainly).
  3. ARCHIVED-Deago Guest

My necro solos harder mobs then my beastlord of the same caliber 90/320 same range of gear in terms of general stats.

Beastlords kill very fast but they are not king of the solo. They just dps like a boss and that is what they are intended to do from what sj has stated.
  4. ARCHIVED-Rahatmattata Guest

They have way too much utility to be dpsing like a boss.
  5. ARCHIVED-The_Cheeseman Guest

Beastlords are excellent soloers, but they don't really compete with the likes of necromancers and inquisitors in terms of handling epics. Honestly, the gear available these days trivializes pretty much all pre-Velious content, so I don't see a problem with beastlords soloing really well. Basically any effectively-played character can solo all the non-epic content below level 80 nowadays.
  6. ARCHIVED-Neiloch Guest

I honestly don't care how well classes solo, just as long as them soloing doesn't approach efficiency of a somewhat equally geared group. My biggest concern is while they may not be able to do their max DPS and max utility at the same time, they can more or less switch these on the fly. Anything like that is impossible for any other class. Even if they had to switch AA specs to do this it would still be unprecedented for any other class. So unless they want to offer some duel-spec options for other classes they need to look at that. Although FF14 plans on making their archer class the buff/bard class as well. Might be interesting to some EQ2 'barcher' ideas lol.
  7. ARCHIVED-ranga Guest

To the OP, so you are bored with your BL. Go play another class, why get the whole class nerfed BEFORE other people can have any fun with it?
    Let it be for now....
  8. ARCHIVED-kahonen Guest

Yah, like SOE are going to nerf Beastlords while they are the only reason people are still buying AoD.
    It's going to be a while before anything BL is nerfed.
    I have to say though that the OP's post is a first for me. I've never seen a post here asking "Can you please nerf my class">
  9. ARCHIVED-Lempo Guest

kahonen wrote:
    That might have something to do with the fact that there has never been anything as ridiculously overpowered as the beastlords are.
  10. ARCHIVED-Gilasil Guest

I've certainly died a lot on my beastlord. I do heroic content with it but always with a mercenary. I also do heroic content with my bruiser and a mercenary. The beastlord kills things faster but the bruiser dies less. I haven't gotten around to trying it but I could probably also do it on my SK and a mercenary. Basically mercenaries allow you do to do some heroic content (which is utterly fantastic btw I'm seeing a lot of dungeons at level I never saw before that way and having a blast).
    Beastlords are INTENDED to be a T1 DPS class. That means they are INTENDED to do more damage then any other class with the possible exceptions of ranger and assassin. (and I suppose on the mage side that also includes wizard although I'm not familiar with mages).
    So even if they're nerfed they'll most likely STILL do more damage then whatever you were playing before. If you're crying nerf because you're being outparsed by a beastlord (they're better then me NERF THEM) then you'll probably still be outparsed after a nerf.
    As for utility well I guess that depends how you look at it. I know a guardian who refuses to tank without an assassin feeding hate. So that assassin appears to have a pretty important utility role as well. At least from the tank's perspective.
    If they DO decide to nerf beastlords (I'm DEFINATELY not recommending it but if they do) they should go after the utility component i.e. spiritual stance, although that might make that stance pretty much useless. If they do that they should also give beastlords better deaggro/hate transfer tools like other T1 DPS. Perhaps as further compensation make it so you don't have to do the lore and legend for a type of mob before you can use that backstab ability.
  11. ARCHIVED-VikodiN Guest

I've never cared for the nerf bat because it always seems to get passed around to other classes at some point. However, those expecting a nerf likely won't get it until the next expansion is released. Like it was stated earlier, it's the OP Beasty that is the main selling point to many purchasing the expansion.
  12. ARCHIVED-Mzia Guest

Since the reitemization changes, I'm pretty sure all almost classes are OP at level 50 with a merc.
    I do more damage on my 90 beastlord in lesser gear than other T1 dps, but I see a lot more beastlords in better gear than me doing far less as well.
    I can see a nerf bat coming to advantages/primals, because the other T1 dps classes will keep whining about parses from people they've never even seen in action (and don't realize the people posting those parses would be out dpsing them with any class), but I don't think some massive thing that makes the class unplayable is needed. And I don't think level 50 is the place to be targetting either.
    You need to try other classes with current mechanics at level 50 - the game is much easier at level 50 than it used to be.
  13. ARCHIVED-Elskidor Guest

Yes, they were suppose to be on the same level as wizzy, lock, sin and ranger, but they are far beyond them. They are only on the same level as the other 4 while in alt gear. It sounds like you are unfamiliar with more than just mages, but the fact you didn't know if wizard (left off warlock altogether) was T1 kinda makes your entire post silly. Why am I responding? Oh yeah, boredome.

Gilasil wrote:
  14. ARCHIVED--Arctura- Guest

We are all familiar with the term, Jack of all trades, master of none...
    this term does not apply to Beastlords

they are prodigal wonder children that make everyone want to throw up their arms and just walk away, having not only taken half of everyones jobs, but also doing it better.

TLDR; Yes OP has it. Time for nerfs, AoD generated you guys enough profits time to be reasonable.
  15. ARCHIVED-Kram337 Guest

Don't start judging your beastlords power until 90. All classes are very powerful in lower teir's now days. Since the item revamp you can get amazing stats compared to a year ago. If you haven't played another class from 1-90 recently, go do that and see how they compare to bsts. You'll notice bsts are defintely doing lots of DPS, probably slightly more than some other classes. But it's not a huge difference.

Once you're 90/320 with gear, if you learned how to play then you'll definitely be able to keep up with other classes on the parse. But you don't get to do that AND have utility at the same time. In fact there is basically zero utility if you're in DPS stance. If you want to see how much dps you do while also providing utility then go parse it out.
    Tired of people saying bsts are awesome dps and awesome utility. We get either good dps, or decent utility, but not both at the same time.
    And no, bsts aren't the top of the solo game. They still take hits like scouts. In spiritual stance they're decent soloers of heroics, like healers but with less heals and more dps. It's a trade off, you can solo faster but not as hard of content. Throw a merc in and now every class can "Solo".

A lot changed with AoD, bsts are coming off as more powerful than they are just because of some of these new additions.
  16. ARCHIVED-Fendaria Guest

Kram337 wrote:
    I think most people know this.
    The trouble is Beastlords are doing T1 dps. What other T1 dps class even has the option to switch and go utility? None.
    And Beastlords aren't just keeping up with other T1 DPS on the parse, they are beating better geared T1 dps players who know what they are doing.

Fendaria
  17. ARCHIVED-Gilasil Guest

Kram337 wrote:
    This.
    I'm sick and tired of someone playing a bestlord to 20 or 30, deciding they were very powerful, and picking up the nerf bandwagon. Keep in mind that people like that almost certainly have other toons of higher level so they are NOT saying to nerf their main, but some alt class which may compete with their main.
    Play it to 90/320, get geared out, then compare against OTHER classes played to 90/320 which are geared out and know how to play.
    Last set of parses I saw other classes were at the top of the parse. As-is DPS varies all over the place. I've seen wizards parse lower then fighters. Not because the fighter was overpowered but because the wizard was poorly equipped and played.
    In any event, beastlords are SUPPOSED to be T1 DPS. I really truly hope that never changes. It was one of the few things we knew about them way back last summer.
    Finally if it is truly unacceptable for a T1 DPS class to have any other utility they're also going to have to nerf assassin hate transfer, wizard teleportation, and ranger tracking. Probably some other abilities as well.
    Assassin hate transfer in particular. As an ex-tank I considered that a very nice utility. I knew a guardian who refused to tank without her assassin feeding hate.
  18. ARCHIVED-SeregWethrin Guest

The beastlord class is actually really well balanced.

One thing is they can not do dps and utility at the same time they do have to switch stances to go from one to the other and the ulility they do get is lackluster at best and to be honest they should never be in that stance in a raid or group unless you lack a bard the utility heals are pretty much nothing mostly giving them the ability to do a little bit of power regen and small wards, its probably like adding 1/5th a bard to the group to have a beastlord in their utility stance its mostly used to solo harder mobs by a beastlord or for the power regen on certain mobs in groups lacking a bard.

The other thing is that while beastlords are t1 dps they also have the biggest weakness out of any t1 dps in that their pets die really easily and when they do it takes a huge chunk of the dps from the beastlord which happens a lot on any mobs with a large number of aoes. On aoe heavy fights most beastlords end up as t2 dps, the really high dps parses you see are on mobs which never cast a single aoe and are primarily single mob fights because thats where a beastlords dps really shines your compairing a best case senario for beastlords dps to a normal scenario to other t1 dps. Yes on fights with hardly any aoe beastlords in feral are going to top the charts but in aoe heavy fights beastlords lose a ton of dps to pet management, way more than conjurers do because our only pet aoe avoidance is a proc on the epic buff.
  19. ARCHIVED-Elskidor Guest

I've decided to level up and begin AAing my bstlord, because I'm sick and tired of seeing morons that say they are balanced. By now everyone should know they are way OP. Yes, they are suppose to be T1 dps, but they are actually on a tier all to themselves and only fit in the t1 catagory while in spiritual stance if in with equal geared players. Anyway, what other dps can decide to jump to another stance on the whim?
    My 195 AA yielding bsty in Rygore and some fairly weak jewels is tossing 60k on a training dummy, and I know when my Lock was rolling with such low AA and gear he wasn't getting close to those numbers.
  20. ARCHIVED-SeregWethrin Guest

haha you parsed on a training dummy of course your not going to have an accurate parse to compare too, training dummies are biased towards melee dps in the first place and towards dps mod and burst in particular. If you look at any eq2 flames parses though its balanced pretty well, with hardmode geared beastlords parsing at about 200-500k depending on the encounter which is around where any other t1 hardmode geared toon will usually parse at.

Beastlord do scale poorly at fresh 90 however with their dps being over what other toons parse mainly because of the way advantages and primals scale because they don't need masters to do full dps. if you take any other equally geared toon and get all their masters though they will parse equally even at the rygorr level, I have parsed it all the time in groups.

Tthe main difference people are seeing is that fresh 90 beastlords in rygorr are putting out like 50-60k dps but that is only because they do not have as many skills to master since all of our big damage skills are advantages and primals and require no masters.
    an assassin in rygorr fully mastered would put out the same dps for the most part.

The other thing is that all those classes you listed get ulility that cant be replaced on a raid like the hate transfer on an assassin or the other classes debuffs, beastlords don't get any real debuffs to place on the mob making them pure dps when you have one.