So any update on when the missing sub-forums are going to be added?

Discussion in 'General Gameplay Discussion' started by Wurm, Nov 21, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Wurm Well-Known Member

It has been long enough for them to have added them, it only takes a few mins.
    Guiscard, Onorem, Seshat and 2 others like this.
  2. Ynnek Well-Known Member

^^^^^

Seconded. I worry that it's not only hampering the players, but I that the lack of (for example) a Zones subforum, is hampering the Zone dev's ability to see Zone related bug threads, as they get buried in General at remarkable speeds.
  3. slippery Well-Known Member

See my sig!
    Guiscard likes this.
  4. Mermut Well-Known Member

Bug reports fall to the 2nd page and even beyond almost before we're finished posting them sometimes. We definitely need some more subforums/
    Guiscard likes this.
  5. Wurm Well-Known Member

Once again they make a "PUT YOUR COMPLAINTS AND SUGGESTIONS HERE" thread, sticky it and then ignore it.

And then lock any new thread pointing that fact out

I'm a forum administrator and moderator., I know its only a few clicks to add sub-forums.
    Guiscard likes this.
  6. Terein Active Member

Oh especially with Xenforo, it would take a completely inexperienced person 5 minutes tops to get them added, they aren't here because SoE doesn't want them, who knows why that is though..
  7. Wurm Well-Known Member

So they can say, "Oh you guys brought that issue up? We're sorry we didn't see it..."
    Guiscard likes this.
  8. Wurm Well-Known Member

I sent the SOE community manager that locked my first thread in regards to this issue a PM and it was ignored. It really seems that they want us to forget about the issue and go away.
    Guiscard likes this.
  9. Kahonen Active Member

Ahh, there's the rub. You all expected too much. None of the forums changes were introduced for the benefit of the players.

All that has really changed is the colour scheme. The forums are still the place to come to if you need to post a bug that SOE can ignore. All they've really done is made that easier for them to do by only having one area for everything.

The evidence supporting this statement can be found in the fact that they have provided an area for people to chat about things totally unrelated to EQ2, while at the same time providing nowhere to discuss specific concerns related to quests, zones, classes, spells, abilities, equipment and other things of much more importance to the average player.
  10. Karrane Well-Known Member

I miss those forums.
  11. Wurm Well-Known Member

The off-topic forum was in the old forums as well, The rest I pretty much agree with, other than the we expected too much part, I never expect too much from SOE, I've been burned too often for that trick to work anymore.
  12. Moldylocks Member

Since they keep trying to funnel the community into using their various Twitter and Facebook pages, I'd say bring your concerns there. I doubt they browse the forum threads with any regularity, but I will almost guarantee you that Dexella, Holly, and whomever else will get a notification on their smartphone when a new post has been made on their Twitter account. :rolleyes:
    Guiscard likes this.
  13. Chronus Active Member

They should read the forums otherwise their position and this thread are pointless. Also sadly you can't really make an amazingly long epic feedback post ala Slippery/Arabel in 140 characters (A recent post of 1362 words wouldn't have managed to fit) and it becomes difficult to gather everybody's knowledge on any given issue, the old double aoe on raid mobs thread wouldn't have happened easily without the zones and population forum.

These sub-forums need to return.
  14. Moldylocks Member

You are absolutely correct, on all counts.

I find that all "feedback" threads are placebos. Recent history in this year alone with the PSS1 debacle should grandly illustrate their stance of "listening"(TM), "caring"(TM), and "taking your feedback seriously for consideration"(TM). My point on taking questions to Twitter is twofold:
    1. They have been campaigning fairly rigorously for the community to go there anyway to get information. In many cases information that is only supplied on Twitter and Facebook. If they want the community to read that info and post on their accounts, well, we should. Right?
    2. Feedback threads, and thus the posts of the community, can be ignored and shuffled to the bottom of the pile on the Official Forums. Yes, you can make an elaborate post of 1K words or more, but a succinctly written bit of positive criticism amounts to a hill of beans when its quickly shifted to page 14, locked, or it remains unread. A snippet on Twitter, I believe, could be more effective- at least as an attention grab.
    Guiscard likes this.
  15. Wurm Well-Known Member

Screw facebook and screw twitter.
    Guiscard likes this.
  16. Wurm Well-Known Member

Dearest SOE please prove to us that your team is competent and add the sub-forums, thank you.
    Guiscard likes this.
  17. Salavar Active Member

The sub forums are not missing if SOE doesn't want to put them in, they simply never existed here.
  18. Wurm Well-Known Member

Not sure if troll...
    Guiscard likes this.
  19. Estred Well-Known Member

There are reds who read these, many times they don't respond. Many times they don't think what is posted is worth the effort or necessary in the game. They give no words anywhere that our feedback will be read. Forums are a place for players to discuss problems and things; sometimes it gets attention but frequently it does not.
    Guiscard likes this.
  20. Wurm Well-Known Member

I'll point you towards the dev tracker at flames that worked for the old forums.

Red names replied and fixed bugs due to the old forums on a very regular basis, however now with all the threads in one "general" forum the bug reports rapidly disappear from page one and I can not blame them for not trying to sift through all the noise to find them.

The only thing that remains to be seen if that's what the SOE overlords intend or not. If it is then SOE has reached a new low.
    Guiscard likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.