Snowed-In Cabin

Discussion in 'Norrathian Homeshow' started by Valzen, Dec 26, 2015.

1. Valzen Well-Known Member

Halls of Fate. Newly published...large homes.

I wanted to do something different for the longest time with Residence of the Blades. I do like the default house, but I like jumping out of the box on occasion. :)
    Please stop by and enjoy your stay. I tried to keep a rustic feeling, but have it visually appealing, too. Not sure I accomplished that, but had loads of fun in the meantime!
    [IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

Thanks for looking and Merry Christmas / Happy New Year to all my wonderful, decorating-addicted friends!!!
  2. Febrith Well-Known Member

Wow. Just wow - I just made a character on HoF to check this out - how bonkers hearing the Maj Dul music in a dwelling that looks like it's slap bang in the middle of the Swiss Alps or something. It's absolutely gorgeous and beautifully done. I'm amazed at what you've achieved here - 10/10! (Can I book it for next Frostfell?)
  3. Valzen Well-Known Member

Thank you kindly!! Yes, you can book it. :D

I didn't know Maj'Dul music played in there. LOL I guess I need to turn up music sometimes, huh?
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone likes this.
  4. Febrith Well-Known Member

Well that's next year's winter holidays taken care of:)

Heh, I never turn off the in-game music apart from 3 zones - the Freeport GH, Runnyeye and Lavastorm, all of which go right through me! Otherwise I generally love the EQ music.

One thing that struck me whilst I was on HoF for that short time was how friendly everyone was in channels, being double exp weekend there were guilds dinging all over and lots of gratsing going on and just generally everyone being lovely to each other - good holiday spirit guys!
  5. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

I can personally vouch for Valzen's abilities; she recently adopted my Halls of Fate Subsection of the Uwk Horde over to her guild, and she's a wonderful decorator! I toured this place...this morning? (when you're on at weird hours, it gets a little blurry) to pick up an awesome Frostfell gift from her (thanks again, boss! :D); I met up with her there, and got the chance to see the place properly. It's incredible, and looks nothing like the original place! Talk about an awesome re-skin job! :)

And it's nice to see good holiday spirit; I can't recall which server it was on (they begin to blur after 7 of them; might've been Maj'Dul), but at one point at Santa Glug, I could swear there were people DELIBERATELY cluttering up the place right in front of him (and staying there: not getting gifties, not harvesting Presents nodes, nothing), so that no one could get to him. It got to the point where my toons just went into the tree branches behind him, over the "set decoration" presents, to get an accessible angle, and I've pretty much gone there by default ever since, like a kid in softball/baseball/kickball that automatically goes over to right field. :-/

Uwk
    Valzen likes this.
  6. Valzen Well-Known Member

Y'all's so sweeeeeeet!! Hugs, hugs, hugs.... and more hugs! :oops:

I agree that HoF has a good bunch of people. I'm very happy I didn't switch servers.
    Faeonara and Uwkete-of-Crushbone like this.
  7. Puckling Active Member

Holy Cow! I just toured this home and its amazing! Well done, this home is well worth a visit everyone!
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone and Valzen like this.
  8. Valzen Well-Known Member

Very, very kind of you. Thank you so much!
    Faeonara and Uwkete-of-Crushbone like this.
  9. Cheribomb Well-Known Member

Oh how cute Valzen! I love the combo of materials used and love all the angles! Wait what, I just re-read your post and this is a Resident's of the Blades? No way! Amazing transformation! I hope Niboota does a video tour. I don't have any open slots left for HoF touring :-( Anyway, very well done!
    Valzen and Uwkete-of-Crushbone like this.
  10. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Hmm...any of the folks that don't have open slots, I think Niboota does this: she'll get like a temporary level 90 Heroic character on a trial basis to cover any servers (all, what, four of them in the US now? :() she doesn't have toons on, then won't play them past their expiration date, or leaves them at level 90, or however it works?

Uwk
    Valzen likes this.
  11. Valzen Well-Known Member

Thank you, Cheri! :)
    kianne and Uwkete-of-Crushbone like this.
  12. Trixwynter Well-Known Member

Visited this last night. Just pick my jaw up off the floor. PERFECTION!
  13. Valzen Well-Known Member

I really appreciate that! Not sure about perfection. I don't use addon tools to make things rotate or angle at perfect degrees. But I certainly thank you for the compliment.
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone likes this.
  14. Nimera Member

Oh, my! /quickly rolls up a touring toon to go take a peek!
    Can't wait to see it up close and personal. Looks wonderful!
    Valzen and Uwkete-of-Crushbone like this.
  15. Ocarinah Well-Known Member

Title: Snowed-In Cabin
    Server: Halls of Fate
    Owner: Valzen
    Address: Residence of the Blades, South Qeynos
    Decorator: Valzen
    Category: Hall of Fame

16. Febrith Well-Known Member

Omg I'm amazed at that transformation - truly amazing - those windows and those views - it really blew my socks off - gorgeous:)
  17. kianne Well-Known Member

this is AWESOME... i was ooh wow ,, soo cool . love that omg and /mouth opened... what an amazing place i loved it WOW
  18. Alyndrys Well-Known Member

Absolutely amazing ! Thank you for the tour ! I have to make a character on Halls of Fate server to see the cabin myself and check all those inspiring ideas of design :)
  19. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

If you seriously do this, please, look us up! Surreal is the guild that Valzen runs, and I can assure you, the Guild Hall is yet another example of her abilities. :D

Uwk
    Moena, Valzen and Ocarinah like this.
  20. Ethini Well-Known Member

Which Guild Hall? I'll check it out some time.
    Ocarinah and Uwkete-of-Crushbone like this.