Snowballs Should Not Interrupt Gathering or Knock Us Away from What We are gathering!

Discussion in 'General Gameplay Discussion' started by redwoodtreesprite, Dec 13, 2012.

1. redwoodtreesprite Well-Known Member

I was trying to pick up shinies on the ice in the Frostfell zone, and a player kept following me around throwing snowballs at me, knocking me away from the shinies. With the way the shinies get contested as things get busy, this is a very bad griefing thing.

Would it be possible to remove the knockback part from the snowballs? I enjoy being hit by them usually, but am concerned as snowballs can be used year round anywhere. And if a player can interrupt the collecting of a shiny so he/she can collect it instead, it is a problem.
  2. Estred Well-Known Member

only the Iceballs have knock-back I think. People are just trolling on Frostfell :) have some fun and throw some back. Also the Ice-balls are not the year round ones so don't worry about that.
  3. redwoodtreesprite Well-Known Member

I figured out how to call the shinies to me, so that can be handled. Thing is, that player was following me, and only throwing the ice balls at me when I was starting to pick up a shiny. That was griefing. Too bad, as it smacked a lot of the LOTRO grief emotes. I have fun with snowballs year round sometimes, keep a couple stacks in the vaults of my more mischievious characters. So I have a sense of humor about them. But I don't think it is right that a player can harass another player like that player was doing to me.
  4. Estred Well-Known Member

I can agree but sadly that is the trolltastic "ice-ball" in a nutshell. I don't know much else other than to hurl one at him and knock him away long enough to loot it. (or do so on the snow where you won't slide)
  5. Wurm Well-Known Member

Fruitcake >*
  6. Wurm Well-Known Member

@ OP, thats what the ice-balls are there for, to smack people away from shinies.

Since I highly doubt that SOE took the time or effort to add new shinies this year, you can get the same ones out of the solo icy keep, without having to worry about some jerk griefing you.

Or if icy keep is too hard, buy the ones you are missing off the broker, they are usually only a few gold
  7. Finora Well-Known Member

I'm pretty sure SOE didn't put in items specifically designed to grief people. If they did, they need to check their priorities.

To the OP, the previous poster is correct able getting the same shinies in the solo keep instance though. I don't know if they respawn but even if you have to run it several times you at least get the tokens as well for doing it.
  8. Wurm Well-Known Member

Of course they did, the shinies only spawn on the ice and all around the ice are baskets of ice-balls. Not too hard to figure out what was intended.
  9. Meaghan Stormfire Well-Known Member

Yeah, it's intended to be a snowball fight out there. Lighten up and throw some back.
    Deveryn likes this.
  10. Lucus Well-Known Member

there was a similar issue with snowballs in SWG where people were griefing ppl in mos eisly when getting buffed as a result soe removed the intrupt part. as for griefers here in EQ2 if something isnt specificly lsited as against the rules use common sense.

i highly doubt they put in snowballs as a way for people to have fun at the expense of griefing other. if you enounter someone following you preventing you from collecting shinies for a decent amount of time report them for griefing and harrassment.
  11. Ynnek Well-Known Member

If the classic forums weren't so borked, we could go back and find the same discussion from previous frostfells, and see that yes, throwing snowballs at people while they're chasing shinies across an icy surface is *exactly* what was intended. Arm yourself, throw back, and if you really want the shinies all to yourself, pop into the instance.
  12. Tyrus Dracofire Well-Known Member

those frosted toes are on limited time per year as well.
    just my opinion, snowball fights "BELONG" in snowbowl arena.
    they are annoying to get knockback when you are trying to craft.
    devs, why? why? you put crafting tables and shinies, and other will always find to grief.
    they dont belong in heroic/raid zones.
    make snowball arena for everyone that can enjoy, it works so well in Guild Wars.
    give players something to do in "Arena" for points and alt currencies or "snowball battleground" format, only with snowballs allowed.
  13. decator666 Member

FYI...I get more toes out of the Icy dungeon and no one is there to bother you. But someone throwing things to stop you from harvesting is just rude. They need to go back to WoW.
  14. Lempo Well-Known Member

Actually instead of running off and crying to mommy and daddy first try sending a tell to them in a non sniveling tone telling them you want to complete the collection. The items are in the game to be thrown at others, I'd love for them to remove the snowballs, fruitcakes and whatever other annoying objects that can be tossed and make a ridiculous sound effect on my end but they are more into catering to droolers than anything as of late.
  15. Mae- Well-Known Member

I'd love to be able to block fruitcakes or band posters or roses or any item that places a useless item in my inventory. Let people use them and stuff, just give me the option to decline random crap being put in my bags.
  16. Meaghan Stormfire Well-Known Member

Or just call your guild out and declare snowball war. I swear they can't do anything silly and fun without the curmudgeons coming out of the woodworks.
  17. Lucus Well-Known Member

im sorry but you seem to have no sense of when to draw the line between fun and griefing. if you are contantly following someone and only throwing snowballs when they are collecting an item that's harrasment and griefing. if you are running around throwing snowball at random people/times to see if they'll throw some back that's acceptable behavour which the devs intended.