Snaring Shot a melee attack?

Discussion in 'Ranger' started by ARCHIVED-Neiloch, Dec 8, 2011.

1. ARCHIVED-Neiloch Guest

So what's the deal with this? Snaring Shot description says it does melee damage now and turns the melee auto attack on instead of ranged auto attack. This a bug or is it intended for some odd reason?
  2. ARCHIVED-Gharyn Guest

Neiloch@Butcherblock wrote:
    The description hasn't changed, it still says it's a ranged attack, but you're right, it drops to melee every time you use it now. I hate it, it better be a bug and not a nerf. I use Snaring Shot a lot because it casts so quick and this is really breaking my rhythm and hurting my dps.
  3. ARCHIVED-TheSpin Guest

You can make a macro for it to keep ranged auto attack on... or there's an option somewhere in the options to not switch the type of auto attack you use based on the type of ability you use.
  4. ARCHIVED-Neiloch Guest

Gharyn wrote:
    Sorry i meant the description of effects, not the 'flavor' description. "Inflicts XXXX-XXXX melee damage on target" but yes the flavor description says "A ranged attack that slows the target's movement on a successful hit. A bow is required."
    TheSpin wrote:
    Pretty much every ranger knows about making the macro. Some prefer to do it 'manually' though which is fine. An option to not switch auto attack was supposed to go in years ago but it never made it to live and hasn't been worked on since as far as I know. If they have put it in the past couple of months I haven't been playing I'd love to know where it is.
  5. ARCHIVED-TheSpin Guest

Oh dang, I thought it went in. No wonder I couldn't find it today when I actually looked for it.
  6. ARCHIVED-Neiloch Guest

They actually said they took it out because they wanted to implement a better version. Apparently they thought the current system was better than any option though because they have done ZERO work on it far as I know. Seems they have no intention on improving 'quality of life' for rangers. quality != performance, btw.
    In the mean time it would be nice if things that worked perfectly didn't get broken, like Snaring Shot. I am curious to how this could happen at all. A single ranged CA being changed to behave like a melee one that just has a huge range.
  7. ARCHIVED-CyclopsSlayer Guest

seems to be back to a ranged attack as of the Thur hotfix.
  8. ARCHIVED-Landiin Guest

I just wish they would make ALL or our ca put us in range auto attack. If you wanted to go melee you could Manually put your self in melee-auto-attack. We no it can be do they just basically did it with snaring shot.
  9. ARCHIVED-Neiloch Guest

didn't think of that. they just accidentally proved they can make a CA trigger an auto attack that is the opposite of the CA. I mean I always knew they could, but this bug provides undeniable proof.
    Maybe they can rig up some 'patch' like they did with singular focus and AE's. Make it some sustained buff that forces everything to use ranged auto. I'm sure some other classes wouldn't mind having it for those harder fights where everyone just stays at range.
    It is really quite ridiculous that they have not implemented even one of the possible solutions to this long standing complaint.