Sleepers Tomb Driver crash with Nvidia 200 series cards

Discussion in 'Zones and Population' started by ARCHIVED-Ulrichvon, Sep 25, 2012.

1. ARCHIVED-Ulrichvon Guest

I've spoken to a number of users of these cards and we're all seeing the same issue with constant driver crashes in the new zone. I know mine MOSTLY happen around the door ways between rooms, but can and do happen elsewhere. In general I see 20+ crashes each time I run the zone and needless to say its greatly detracting from my enjoyment.
  2. ARCHIVED-Haohmaru Guest

What resolution are you running the game in? Full screen, windowed or maximized window? We've been able to repro this here, but only on a box running at a very high resolution (higher than 1920x1200) so we're still looking for clues/consistency in the crashes. Thanks for any further info you can offer and know we're looking in to it.
  3. ARCHIVED-Cyrdemac Guest

nVidia 285 GFX
    system works on windowed full screen at 1920 x 1200 with raid detail settings on profit UI
    I changed the complex shader distance in Options -> Performance (advanced) -> complex shader distance to -1 manually and the zones became quite stable now
    before I had problems with the golems (seemed black and sometimes crystal white) and some insta crash-spots.

this also worked for my crash problems in PoW and Skyshrine
    using 306.23 nVidia driver, but problem stayed the same as with the previous 300
  4. ARCHIVED-Irramar Guest

Nvidia GTS250, Win7 x64, same issue, 2 of those 3 zones. 1920x1080 happens both windowed and full screen.
    In PoW, it starts immediatly upon moving down the ramp.
    In ST, it begins upon entering the first hallway.
    I don't believe I've ever had the issue in SS or anywhere else. The problems didn't start until I joined a guild who was doing PoW a few weeks ago.
    I clean installed 306.23 to try and solve it, but nothing changed
    I was setting to Extreme performance to alleviate the issue, which I'm guessing also sets complex shader where you have it. I'll try my usual performance setting and try just setting complex shaders and see if that narrows it down.
  5. ARCHIVED-Ulrichvon Guest

Haohmaru wrote:
    Running windowed with a 3 monitor setup, the game is running on my 32" screen. The resolution is atleast 1920x1200, perhaps higher. Its set to whatever the native of the monitor is and I'd have to check when I get home.
    I found reverting my nvidia drivers back to 290.10 greatly helped this crash. I've done ST twice since reverting and no crash, but I did get one last night at the base of the ramp in PoW as other posters mentioned.
  6. ARCHIVED-Ulrichvon Guest

Ignore my previous post on 290.10, its crashing for me non-stop tonight while I try to raid.
    Screen resolution 1920x1080
  7. ARCHIVED-wickedss99 Guest

GTS250 with driver ver. 306.23
    Win7 x64
    Windowed full screen 1680x1050
    I have tried medium and low settings. Both seem to react the same.
    For me it seems the problem is the golems...if I can keep them off screen, such as facing my camera away, I don't have the problem.
  8. ARCHIVED-Ulrichvon Guest

I can mostly avoid the crash for now by selecting extreme performance settings. However running the game this way isn't really engaging or making me want to play.
  9. ARCHIVED-wickedss99 Guest

Any update on this issue?
  10. ARCHIVED-theriatis Guest

Hi,
    i may have some additional Info:
    I've a GF8800GT and the Drivers provided currently by Windows Update (W7).
    The Problem with Stuttering, crashing, blank screen and Driver resets only happens in Sleepers Tomb (all instances).
    To avoid that, i disabled Complex Shaders (means, Value is -1). Makes the Golems look just black, but i have no more Problems then. Maybe a clue to where is the Problem.
    Regards, theriatis.
  11. ARCHIVED-Ulrichvon Guest

theriatis wrote:
    The same issue exists in PoW with the winged beasties with the crystal hammers. Again, setting complex shaders to -1 will prevent that crash as well.
  12. ARCHIVED-Haohmaru Guest

Hey all - we still don't know why, specifically, this is happening but rather than postpone an actual fix, we're going to try updating the golems and other items that use a similar shader until we can dissect this further. Not sure when this will go live once fixed (and complex render -1 as a fix makes us artists weep) so we're shooting for "asap".
  13. ARCHIVED-Zephanor Guest

Thanks for the update! I'm using two GTX 280's in SLI and as soon as I would even peek at the middle of the main room in Sleeper's Tomb my game would bomb out. I ended up getting called and would only stare at the walls until we were into the hallways. Upgrading drivers made no difference so I finally ended up dropping the complex shader down as mention here. Not happy to do that but at least I'm not crashing left and right in that zone.

I'm not had the issue in POW of Skyshrine though, this was totally different for me.
  14. ARCHIVED-Ulrichvon Guest

I got too frustrated with this and dropped 3 bills on a 660gtx ti card and it fixed the issue.
    However, I was very saddened that buying a new card that is enormously faster resulted in 0 increase in this game's performance =/ (outside of no longer crashing the driver).
  15. ARCHIVED-Haohmaru Guest

We have a speculative fix out for the random crashing in ST. Please let us know if you're still having issues and/or if the issue now crops up in a different manner. Thanks again all.
  16. ARCHIVED-1rocketjones Guest

I'm running a GTX260. When the zone first came out my graphics acted like I was having a driver crash. Things would freeze up mostly but since a couple weeks after introduction every thing has been fine.