Sleepers Tomb advanced solo bugged?

Discussion in 'Quests and Seasonal Events' started by Properman, Sep 16, 2013.

1. Properman Member

Just ran sleeper tomb advanced solo for the Drinal sig quest and Im wondering if the forgotten statue is bugged? I ran it a few times trying to figure it out for myself and was baffled so I did some research. I hate to say it but there is a lot of wrong or badly written information out there on this fight. Tried it a few more times with the info I found and still couldnt get it to work. Finally found a great video explaining how its done and it seemed so simple. Tried it 3 times the way the video explained. when the boss turns red, change the pillars to blue and run him thru the centre of the pillar to turn off his aura. Great. Didnt work, ran him thru the centre with the proper lightning ( blue for red, red for blue) and it didnt turn off. Ok, one more death. maybe I missed something, watched the video again. Nope, didnt miss anything. So I decided to wait in the centre to see if the buff wore off, not only did it not wear off but when the 2nd buff finally came on it also didnt wear off. So here I am with blue lightning in the centre of the pillar, boss at full health and has both buffs on him. Tell me this isnt bugged?
  2. Kalderon Well-Known Member

Well, beside of, you don´t have to do em to get further with the quest, it is pretty simple and or but it´s pretty anoyning.
    You have to switch the pillars in the oposit color (hope i remember right) but have to stay out (mostly) of the light, but keep him in.
    Best bet is, to burn him asap down and forget about the script. Otherwise, skip the mob, dont worth the trouble anyhow ^^
  3. Ynnek Well-Known Member

I understand your desire to work out the mechanics and master it yourself. It's a noble time-consuming effort, that will reward you with a great sense of satisfaction, but not much else.

Seriously, grab a friend. Just a second human, to stand outside and man the pillars, while you stay in the center with the named - and the script becomes trivial.

Regardless, you should know:
    • Many people find it easier to watch his Buffs, than to count on the graphic static to indicate which buffs are up
    • They do not wear off on their own, ever.
    • He can get both up (Red + Blue = Purple)! In which case you have to strip one, than the other.
    • When changing pillars, they cycle Red -> Blue -> Off. Leave them off when not needed.
    • Put up Red to strip Blue (drag him to the middle - it takes a second)
    • Put up Blue to strip Red (drag him to the middle - it takes a second)
      • The definition of "The Middle" has grown since launch. But I personally still hold him dead center.
    • When he has neither buff on, turn the pillars off, or they fry you.
    • If you ever have to choose, strip blue first, it's more important than red. But don't ignore red.
    Of course, if you bring overwhelming DPS, you can ignore most of the script and just burn him to the ground before the first buff goes up...