Slash vs Bash

Discussion in 'Paladin' started by ARCHIVED-Rolly, Dec 7, 2004.

1. ARCHIVED-Rolly Guest

So do we have to keep up both skills as well in EQ2?
  2. ARCHIVED-Vaiyo Guest

As far as I know, I have seen no such thing as a separate bash skill. Certain combat arts (like Unyielding Advance) is a shield-required skill which I assume is 'bashing' but it does not raise any skills called 'bash'.

Slashing, however, is a skill that you need to keep up. On the other hand, you only have one slashing skill to keep up, not '1h slash' or '2h slash' like you would have to in EQ1.
  3. ARCHIVED-Rolly Guest

Hmmm, can't check at the moment, will do at home, but I thought swords used a different skill than clubs, may have the names wrong.
  4. ARCHIVED-Sullosar Guest

Yes, but you meant Slash Vs. Crush, which is what blunt weapons use.

As a paladin it would be a good idea to keep both of these skills high. The way I do it, is use a 1h Hammer and shield for MT groups, and use a 2h Sword for soloing and off tanking.

Note, though, that our Call to Arms skill increases Crushing MORE than it increases Slashing.
  5. ARCHIVED-Furyan Guest

I normally 2HS but at 25 we pulled Ott and his 2 bears three times. All three times I took on Ott with my shield, self ward and stunning him often, while the monk, swashbuckler and mystic took on the bears. Then they came and helped me when done.

Was flawless each and every time. With the mystic buffs and my shield, I had 1700 AC. Ott was not very effective :)

Baldemir