Skeleton rework

Discussion in 'Look and Feel' started by ARCHIVED-Lysara, May 24, 2008.

1. ARCHIVED-Dragowulf2 Guest

Let me reiterate that the revamp shouldn't change the model graphics. This is a revamp to change the skeletal structure internally to allow more armor to fit and make it easier for them to make stuff. They have already stated that they want to keep the same model graphic looks as much as possible. This will however make them be able to make emotes, armor, and different emotions faster and more efficiently.
  2. ARCHIVED-ke'la Guest

Dragowulf2 wrote:
    And its this that is causing it to take so long, if they did not care about keeping the models looking obstensivly the same as they do now, they would have been done long ago. It takes far more time and effort to Upgrade something then it does to blow it up and start over.
  3. ARCHIVED-Vindicare Guest

Whenever I have taken a break from EQ2 for 6 months or a year, first thing I check is this forum for the progress on the skeleton revamp (second thing I check is whether they finally got rid of the fugly SOGA models).
    And there's always a thread about it on page #1. And it always says that they are working on it with no ETA or any kind of progress report.

By now I think that people who believe that this update is actually going to happen, also believe that Duke Nukem Forever will be released eventually.

Anyway, see what happens if you start out with a crappy engine. Fixing that issue beforehand would have taken a few extra months. Fixing it now takes years (in which they could have written a completely new engine, if only they hadn't the downward-compatibility-problem) and probably isn't going to happen at all.
    Too bad.
  4. ARCHIVED-Finora Guest

DaFriar wrote:
    That sounds more like the EQ1 dev teams release of the new eq1 human models on test server. They got a lot of negative feedback about those.
  5. ARCHIVED--Arctura- Guest

Vindicare wrote:
    (( hey now, speak for your own race. Soga ogres > Original Ogres

---

[IMG]
  6. ARCHIVED-Vindicare Guest

-Arctura- wrote:
    (( Speak for yourself.
    [[ I hate everything associated with Manganime with a passion.
    {{ Especially since it just doesn't fit into the world of Everquest at all. So in no way could I ever consider "Soga > Original" for *any* race.
  7. ARCHIVED-Beldin_ Guest

Hmmm .. i like Mangas/Anime .. but i also hate SOGA because they are in no way anime-like, they are just plain ugly.
  8. ARCHIVED-Chayna Guest

Sorry but SOGA has nothing in common with Manga/Anime. I'm not sure how anyone could think that.

If SOGA looked like Manga/Anime I'd probably like it better than the deformed abominations that are SOGA.
  9. ARCHIVED-Doggi Guest

Is this a thread about the "skeleton rework" or is it about "I hate SOGA so damn much!"?

personally, I can't wait for the skeleton revamp, but I'm fine with the current models, wether it be SOE or SOGA, until the rework is done.
  10. ARCHIVED-Transen Guest

Well topic derailments are quite common on message boards...or any form of communication for that matter...

Anyways, yeah..they should have been done by now given the amount of time from the first time it was mentioned up until this point...unless they've been busy with other matters deemed more urgent.
  11. ARCHIVED-Amphibia Guest

Vindicare wrote:
    You know, that's actually just your opinion. Not a fact. I hope you understand the difference.

I can't believe I'd ever agree with Arctura about anything, but this time I do. And I also use SOGA for my male high elf, because I think he looks way better that way.

I think at least half of my guildies also prefer the alternate model on their character. So does quite a lot of other people, I mean... just look at people's signatures, and you'll see that the SOGA models are widely used and very popular. To just "get rid of them" now would be extremely stupid, and I doubt SOE would even consider it.
  12. ARCHIVED-TheSummoned Guest

Who cares what everyone prefers to use, it's just that; preference!

Just drop this dead horse beating immediatly, there's almost nothing that's left of the horse, for God's sake!
  13. ARCHIVED-LordFyre Guest

TheSummoned wrote:
    No. Because when we stop beating the carcass, we will have moved on to another game. :D
  14. ARCHIVED-AngusMcLachlan Guest

we could always move back to beating on the BeastLord carcas.... [thwack]
    course, i hope they take their time wiht the skelly revamp and do it > 75% right
  15. ARCHIVED--Arctura- Guest

TheSummoned wrote:
    (( I laffed IRL!

---

[IMG]
  16. ARCHIVED-Qandor Guest

AngusMcLachlan wrote:
    Have no fear, they certainly are taking their time. Your grandchildren will love the skeletal revamp I'm sure.
  17. ARCHIVED-Amphibia Guest

Qandor wrote:
  18. ARCHIVED-Mirander_1 Guest

Dragowulf2 wrote:
    Quick correction here; from what's been said, there are at least some cosmetic changes going in with this revamp. I've seen mention of them adding-in the little things that are missing from the current models, like belly-buttons, and things like that. Hopefully, while they're at it, they'll try to de-uglify some of the models that really need it (I'm looking at you, human characters).
  19. ARCHIVED-Zabjade Guest

I'm just going to repeat, Soga has issues and Original have issues.

Soga is somewhat stick-like in human females and original human females look like they are on DRUGS and DOWNS SYNDROME. SOGA=/=Manga Anime

BOTH Need reworking.

Bah is jonesing for sleep here to tired to mess with this.
  20. ARCHIVED-ke'la Guest

Zabjade wrote:
    Just an FYI but ! stands for Not in parlance where there is no ≠ sign available so you it would have been easier to go !=. I am just saying. ;)