SK Furor 22/04 change

Discussion in 'Test Server Forum' started by Surgeon, Apr 27, 2015.

1. Silzin Active Member

Remember when you are looking at the Parse on a tank and looking at total effectiveness of Tanking, you need to look at the “All Outgoing (Ref)”. this takes into account all of what the tank is doing including the tanks Taunting. Pot and AB Mod have a larger cap on taunts then most any CA or spell. Like on my monk my AB Mod cap for my main taunt is around 50k… but that does not mean I spec for AB Mod. (I plan on testing it tho)
  2. Boli Active Member

As long as you are holding agro I would ignore that one as you can't "overtaunt" . there is no sense boasting you did an extra million hate/second via taunts as game wise it was nothing. Hold and survive agro, yes but after that its all DPS as with every class.
  3. Kaarkula Active Member

Furor not working because of 20% potency?

I hope that's a mistake... that's waaaay too low of potency.
  4. Tharrakor Well-Known Member

No its 20% of your total potency. Its quite a big boost if your potency is already high.
  5. Kaarkula Active Member

aah okay that makes more sense.
  6. Surgeon Active Member

Yes that's the zone I meant.

The analogy was Zek3 from DoV (the zone with the statue and the 1 mob with the 2 adds and kick and mana drain), the hardest heroic zone in DoV. I've done many PUGs in DoV (pre war) and I have seen well equipped tanks fail on this 1main/2add encounter. However we went in there with a "public quest" reward equipped SK and I healed on my warden which also was PQ geared and we had zero issues, cleared it on 1st try, no deaths. And I didn't play my warden very often but the tank knew what he was doing. I had also tanked this zone on my SK without issues and also instructed another SK how to use his tools to survive. In comparison to this and how I remembered the SK from TSO/SF, since I have not played for 2-3 years, I get the A/B experience. I remembered what it was like before and what it's like now. Mitigation was more or less pointless and you had to rely on your 3 tools for survival to be used in the right moment, that's why the Zek3 encounter is a great example, you could use your tools 3 times and the 4th (when the 3 were on cooldown) needed the healer to pay attention. Now with that in mind I returned to play the SK and picked maxHP and DPS gear, a mix of cb/pot and wdb with *some* mitigation increase jewelry.
    That's also why I was saying that it was allright in DoV, even scouts could tank (and I did on my brig).
    Now the difference between then and now is, mobs hit for insane spike amounts and you need to gear up all mitigation increase if you want to survive that. And you also *need* to spec defensively for "the green dagger heal" and maxHP.
    And personally it's not a lot of fun. When .. say Dino1 the lava statue, group member go all out dps to burn it I do lose aggro, but yeah I do have the myth snap to get it back however that costs scout dps and in the end after a few tries the best we could do was 1% and then it had 10 stacks and boom.
    Anyhow, offensive stance is pretty much pointless now.
    The kick from playing a defensive tank is to survive when the rest of your group dies, dino1 first named for instance, and being able to survive without a group (lol). But other than that... 900k-1.5mil dps... when the dps does 4-5 mil is not very satisfying. Sure I can solo contested brokenskull, but it takes ages to kill anything. And in offensive stance you don't have access to the tools you need to survive.
    I play for fun and company and honestly if the SK wasn't my best geared character I wouldn't play it any more. But then there are some really bad tanks (np, everyone has to learn at some point) and I'd rather tank than watch a bad tank do his "magic".

The TL;DR is probably, tanking as a SK used to be fun and this making the defensive stance and spec the default stance and spec is no fun. Right? "It used to be more fun, I can manage but it could be fun again.". However trivializing encounters is unlikely to happen when you see how little content AoM has available.

I've adjusted, sure, http://u.eq2wire.com/soe/character_detail/1292785738197
    I know, adorns are bad, I should craft some defense adorns and weapon skills and str or cc.
    Gear is good enough for phantom1 zones (t2 stuff). But I'm eager to try t3 stuff or even a RC raid :)
  7. Tharrakor Well-Known Member

I hear what your saying surgeon and i do agree that tanking used to be more fun back in the days before these huge stats we are running around with now. I remember the first time i made a Sk, was during PoF or somewhere near it, AAs had been added to the game anyways. Back when tanking was exciting! You had to bodypull your heroics and place them tactically for your grp not to attract adds that would add to the debt! Even tho practically everything was harder back then you still had a useful offensive stance you could use without disabling your class completely. More recently then that too ofc i just took PoF era as an example as thats when i started tanking.

I think im speaking for many when i say that we just want an offensive stance that still allows us to do our job. This off stance doesnt need to be as big as it is now but should allow us to still use our tools. Then bring back reckless for when fighters wanna go dps. Please!