SK and soloing/dps playstyle

Discussion in 'Fighters' started by Wanderer86, May 6, 2017.

1. Wanderer86 Member

Good morning folks,

i`m new in the game and trying out witch char will be my thing. Atm im playing around with the SK. So how far i guess it`s a tankclass. The classfantasy got me somehow and the playstyle it's fun till now. I'm mostly doing soloing in my playtime. So my question is can i play the sk focused more on doing dps than tanking? And can i get a exeptable amount of damage if i play sword and board (wich i like in case of the charlook and fits perfectly into the class fantasy) or do i need to grab a two handed sword?
    I know if i want pug i need to tank (and i will do it even i have no clue about tanking ^^) and pure dmg classes like scouts/mage will be always better in delivering damage than me, but for me it's not about absolute efficiency, it's all about fun.
    Have already read some guides but they are mostly about tanking only, or everyone tells a different thing, also they were pretty outdated.

Thanks for your time.
  2. Mathafern Well-Known Member

SK can tank, DPS, and heal themselves. You don't need a two hander, you can spec for damage with sword and board, although in the long run (with Reaper's Touch and ascension spells) you will be focused on spell damage not melee damage. Once you have RT and Earthshock you will be able to AOE blast huge damage in a short time period with blue AOEs.

Rather than looking to a guide for help though, I would strongly recommend that you read your spells, read your AAs, and figure out what works for you. Optimal DPS will always require that you know your class inside and out.
    Wanderer86 likes this.
  3. Meneltel Well-Known Member

Relax and have fun, just know that you wont get groups if you go LFG as a dps sk. You will get laughed at and mocked (with some good reasons). We do damage, but not on the scale most PuGs want. However, if your guild accepts you (as my mine does me) you can have a blast, still help your group and be a team player!