SK 125 GM?

Discussion in 'Fighters' started by Observing, Jan 10, 2022.

1. Observing Active Member

Which one to take? I am thinking Soulrend (high damage fast recast) or Grim Harbinger (medium damage and heal proc).
    Any others worth consideration?
  2. Hot_Rod Member

I usually pick the highest "Until cancelled" buff, or preferred for a pet class. Grim harbringer for instance can heal you 1-2 B every 1-3 seconds at GM while doing more to the enemy when it procs.
  3. Priority Well-Known Member

And this is why there are so many terrible SKs.
  4. DENSER Well-Known Member

it would be so much more interesting to have your precise opinion, than a suspended sentence that makes us look like morons.
    SirNaves likes this.
  5. Priority Well-Known Member

If you want damage, shadow coil, death cloud, crusaders judgement, grave sac or unending agony would ALL be better options that soulrend.

If you want a buff, siphon strength is probably exponentially better for the casual SK than taking grim harbinger for a heal. Its great damage, but wake up people, there are way more efficient ways than keep yourself healed than relying on a proc.

This is why i say SKs today are absolutely terrible. 99% of the ones i see and talk to have zero idea how effective their class could be because they get bad advice from terrible players
  6. DENSER Well-Known Member

thank you, you seem to be a player who knows about it, I'm sure many will appreciate your advices, without going through the little phrase that kills ;)
  7. Observing Active Member

I guess I should have been more specific. I am optimizing for speed in clearing solo zones with no merc.

I didn't want an AOE because every AOE, even journeyman level, kills whole groups of trash.
    Siphon Strength is great in theory, but you are at fervor cap in solos so it does nothing there. If it was both fervor and fervor overcap, it would have been the obvious choice.
    Crusader's Judgement is great but I worried about wasting it on boss stoneskins.

Looking at Shadow Coil, the baseline is 19,663 per 10 seconds.
    Soulrend is 13,466 per 5 seconds

Looking through the last solo weekly:
    Zone 1: Earthshock, Unending Agony, Soulrend, Shadow Coil, Death Cloud
    Zone 2: Soulrend, Unending Agony, Cleave Flesh, Shadow Coil, Grim Strike
    Zone 3: Crusader's Judgement, Grave Sacrement, Unending Agony, Earthshock, Soulrend
    Zone 4: Crusader's Judgement, Soulrend, Unending Agony, Cavalier's Cry, Shadow Coil
    Zone 5: Shadow Coil, Soulrend, Exquisite Torment, Grave Sacrement,
  8. Priority Well-Known Member

If you're just doing solos, it doesnt matter. Crusaders faith should keep you alive easily through anything the bosses this xpac do so far. If you ever want to do heroics, take my advice and pick one of the above.
  9. Melt Actually plays the game

Shadow Coil will solo bosses. For optimal efficiency: pull zone, grave sac, shadow coil boss, start running to the next boss. The end.
    Priority likes this.
  10. Incarcerus New Member

As someone brand new to the SK, I can't find any good, comprehensive sources for how to build, gear, and play the class. All of the sources I find are either outdated, contradictory, or both. So I've basically cobbled together what look to be the most consistent pieces of advice/knowledge, and I'm just trying to muddle through the rest. My playstyle at the moment is running through level-appropriate zones, quests, and dungeons with a healer mercenary. I took Armorsmithing and I make the full armor sets at each threshold (I'm lvl 41, with a full set of crafted Fulginate plate). I lurk the Broker for upgraded ranks of spells/abilities (when they aren't stupid-expensive). But as far as research upgrades, etc., I am shooting in the dark.

Rather than wind up a "terrible" SK (I like the class a lot, and plan to stick with it), where can I find good information on playing this class?

Thanks
  11. Priority Well-Known Member

Join the official eq2 discord and ask any questions you have there. Most folks are more than willing to answer questions. Youll get much better and faster info there than on the forums.