Sincere Question, does it get faster?

Discussion in 'Necromancer' started by ARCHIVED-Whimplow, Dec 8, 2004.

1. ARCHIVED-Whimplow Guest

I actually like my necro and can kill mobs quite effectivley, not thats not were this post is headed. Right now I'm a 19 Summoner with adept 3 pet. I can kill mobs pretty easily but seems I only get 1% for every 3 or 4 kills(Blue ,white, Yellow) The killing things is not the problem but making onl 1% xp for 3 or 4 mobs is starting to kill me. I have heard some poeple say that the XP gets better post 20 but right now Dungeon mobs(Fallen Gate) still own and even when I do kill a 2 up green I'm lucky to get 1%, most of commonlands is grey, but Nek forest etc are still deep red.

Does the XP begin to get faster at any point? not that I wanna fly through levels but 4 kills for 1% is getting insane
  2. ARCHIVED-Zim_mer Guest

The only way to go faster is to group. That is apparently the entire point of this game. Going solo only works when you need to knock out 5% more and group has disbanded.
  3. ARCHIVED-Whimplow Guest

4. ARCHIVED-Fornax_Lacerta Guest

At your level, group up and go deep into FG.

I've noticed that a nice tight group of 5 can xp a lot faster than a full group of 6. However, you run a higher risk of death due to adds and pops.
  5. ARCHIVED-Szsn Guest

Change it up then....do some quests...or do some tradeskilling so you dont burn yourself out on the constant level grinding
  6. ARCHIVED-Viromage Guest

When I hit 19 I did the whole lvl in 1.75 hrs in a group. Level 20 took longer because I pressed hard on guild writs and all mobs were grey but I soloed to 21 in Nek. forest with my adept 3 pet in like 3 hours. The key is being in Nek when there isn't 5 million people in there.

Exp. is going to slow down, there is nothing you can do about it. Grouping is going to be the fastest method to lvl.
  7. ARCHIVED-Szsn Guest

YES!! WTB instanced Nektulos Forest .... for gods sake!!
  8. ARCHIVED-Jakanden Guest

I dont have a problem in Nek even when there is 60+ people in zone. Most people tend to hang around specific areas and never go up to places like Bone Lake or the Waterfalls. They hang around near the CL zone in, or NMarr or those other common areas =)
  9. ARCHIVED-Urguwno Guest

At 19th I was killing Giant Vulritches solo in Commons. (take the griffon to hidden valley and head northwest around the bend) These were green and blue to me at that level.

I had all player-crafted armor and jewelry so I tanked and my pet just helped add some damage. I took very little damage in each battle and used Essense Shift after every fight. There were enough Giant Vulritches around that there was no down-time.

It took about 4-5 hours to level to 20th.
  10. ARCHIVED-Jeff59 Guest

I think 19 is just a slow level, not a ton of good leveled mobs around. I leveled from 20-22 realy quickly killing cadavers in Nek, and a little bit of FG grouping. 20 flew by. I'm on Toxxulia, not a lot of people 20+ yet, so Nek is rarely full.
    Message Edited by Jeff59 on 12-08-2004 02:41 PM
  11. ARCHIVED-TelMegiddo Guest

Grouping is really the only way to go to do fast leveling i myself am almost 18 necro and i always get bonus exp within two mob kills i got almost a full 10% bubble but that comes from a lot of nuking but i never really tend to get agroed call it luck or skill. I do solo, exp does come slower at that rate which is why i tend to group alot. around level 20 you might want to look into doing armor quests or something of that nature not just for exp but the great items that you can get from it.
  12. ARCHIVED-Viromage Guest

Ask and you shall receive! I entered Nek Instance 2 last night. :smileyhappy:
  13. ARCHIVED-Szsn Guest

yeah me too...i couldnt believe it :D