since were getting flurry

Discussion in 'Ranger' started by ARCHIVED-llicah, Aug 10, 2010.

1. ARCHIVED-llicah Guest

It would be nice to see an AA change, like double arrow in the muti shot line changed from 8% DA to say 5% flurry
  2. ARCHIVED-akaglty Guest

Yeah, 8% DA isn't that great anymore.
  3. ARCHIVED-Neiloch Guest

Well they said there would be more AA points, still not sure about new AA lines. Frankly I hope they add some new AA skills because unless they let ae auto work on bows having more AA points isn't going to do anything to improve my DPS.
    Maybe they can make it if you put more points into double arrows, it makes it multi-arrow or something, giving flurry in addition to the DA.
  4. ARCHIVED-Sydares Guest

Though I doubt we're going to see AA changes, it would be nice if they were aware of just how many of our abilities are completely untouched by any Ranger with half a brain.
  5. ARCHIVED-Neiloch Guest

AA wise I've seen rangers use other Ranger tree stuff for reasons other than PvE DPS. Hook arrow for example is constantly used in PvP. Other mostly being RP or travel. In the predator tree stamina and wisdom lines are completely useless imo like I said. They said we are getting more AA points, but if we don't get new AA skills or some current ones changed, it will be a non-event for rangers.
    Here's an idea, some AA's that turn melee ca's into ranged CA's with a damage increase and reduce some ranged CA reuse timers. Maybe even a reverse lunge that makes us jump back 15 meters away from target. huh? HUH?
  6. ARCHIVED-nipxur Guest

Neiloch@Kithicor wrote:
    Very much like this one. If assassins can jump up to the mob instantly, why not let us jump away from the mob instantly, plus it fits with our role of being more ranged that they've mentioned.
  7. ARCHIVED-akaglty Guest

Just watched the mechanics panel video from fan faire and where on eq2 wire it was transcribed as a simple "are rangers getting flurry?" and "yes" from the devs. The actually question was if ranged attacks are getting flurry AND AE auto attack and they said yes, very soon.
    Big difference imo and the video is worth watching.
  8. ARCHIVED-Gaige Guest

It isn't a big difference at all.
    Flurry does mabe 2k ext for me, usually less and I have more of it than you can get. AE auto does even less. While its nice to have the mechanics fixed, it will do nothing for ranger desirability.
    Until your CAs get changed, you'll continue to be left out by guilds who care about raid performance.
  9. ARCHIVED-Gungo Guest

Gaige wrote:
    Ranged aoe auto atk will be completely different then melee based aoe auto atk.
    There is no way they can implement a true ranged based aoe auto atk withtout it being better then melee aoe autoatk.
    Option 1 Pbaoe aoe auto atk- On successful aoe auto atk the auto atk is a 5m aoe centered on target. (most likely option)
    Option 2) true ranged aoe auto atk- A 90degree funnel in front of the ranger up to the max distance of the bow. All npcs located within that funnel are hit. (doubt they will go this route since its horrible broken and will agro everything in LOS)

Option 3) encounter based aoe auto atk-each successful aoe auto atk hits up to 4 npc's in the encounter (second most likely option)

Option 4) melee range aoe auto atk using bow. <- this would be the only option even remotely in the same league of dps as a melee based aoe auto atk. (this option will not happen simply because it is basically melee aoe auto atk, not ranged aoe auto atk and the devs already said they want to encourage rangers to fight at ranged.)
  10. ARCHIVED-Gaige Guest

They aren't changing it, just making it worked on ranged. I don't see how it'll be omg amazing since the max a ranger can get is 53% and it takes a lot more than 50% to be noticeable.
  11. ARCHIVED-Neiloch Guest

Option 1 would be the only worth while version. Everything else would be out of control or counter to the idea fo rangers being more ranged.
    I suspect the reason they are finally putting auto AoE and flurry on bows is because you are going to see a lot more of these stats on equipment and possibly buffs in Velious, since there is no new level cap. If they put those stats in velious but still didn't work on bows rangers would fall even further behind.
    So while right now it really isn't a big deal, its probably going to be quite significant in the expansion. Also doing it before Velious will give them time to tweak it with lower stats before they start pumping out more into the game where it could be out of control.
    I don't expect these changed to give huge DPS boosts and fix rangers, I expect these changes to be a precursor to better ranger balance.
  12. ARCHIVED-akaglty Guest

I don't expect it to be a miracle fix for rangers but, I do understand why they would want to put it in before they look into CA's. I think changing the mechaincs on this is going to be the hard part for them. After that, when they need to lower the reuse on CA's and/or increase damage of them they will have a better picture of what to expect than throwing in these mechanic changes post CA fixes.
  13. ARCHIVED-Toball Tokor Guest

Well take a look at the Predator tree which is mostly melee based.
    Not just flurry. Looking at the video on EQ2Wire the question was would the Ranger get access to Ranged AoE and Flurry. The answer was yes :)
    If they are going to have us ranged what good is most of it unless they have it affect Ranged?