Since update I don't stay on mount

Discussion in 'Players Supporting Players' started by blutree, Mar 5, 2014.

1. blutree Member

I no longer stay on my mount when I chunk from one area to the next - and I keep getting messages "You have been given a new ability...." over and over when ever I leave an area

Anyone else having this problem?
  2. Finora Well-Known Member

It's not happening to me. I'm zoning just fine with all my mounts.

It sounds a lot like your aa are getting reset when you zone though, since you are getting "you have been given a new ability" messages.
  3. TSR-SeanF Member

We have seen this result from some corrupted interface files with a few different players. You may want to make backups and then delete the following files and folders in your EverQuest 2 directory:

cache folder (does not apply to Steam users)
    eq2_recent.ini
    eq2_default.ini
    EverQuest2.exe
    eq2.ini

As well as the character specific files, these will appear as follows:
    <ServerName>_<CharacterName>_EQ2_uisettings.ini
    <StationName>_characters.ini

Next, delete the configuration files/folder by following these instructions:
    1. Open the EverQuest II LaunchPad. (Do not login at this time.)
    2. Click Advance Tools, Open Game Directory, then close the LaunchPad.
    3. Look for any files explained above and delete them.
    4. Close all open folders and restart EverQuest II using the LaunchPad to login and play.

If deleting these files does not resolve your issue, you can restore your backed up files and folders and retain your hotkeys, contact lists, and display settings.

If you continue to experience problems please feel free to open a ticket with us and we will be happy to assist you further.
  4. Impkat New Member

What should I do if I use Steam then?
  5. TSR-SeanF Member

With Steam you can still follow these steps, but your directory will be a little different. You can find your EQ2 folder under C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\EverQuest II
  6. Impkat New Member

Thank you very much. :)
  7. Caith Developer

If the issue persists after you attempt the above, try changing your AA profile and make sure you commit to the new profile. Whenever you zone, the server validates the AA profile you are using, to make sure it is valid, and it sounds like it may be attempting to commit your current profile every time you zone, because it detected it as invalid.
    blutree, TSR-AlexS and TSR-SeanF like this.
  8. Impkat New Member

I'm still pretty new.. How would I change my AA profile?
  9. Charlice Well-Known Member

10. TSR-AlexS Well-Known Member

Thanks for the post Charlice. Hope it helped the other players!
    Charlice likes this.
  11. blutree Member

The AA save seems to have fixed the problem - thanks.
  12. Squirtikiss Member

Thanks for this! I was having not only the same problems, but also some of my Warlock spells stopped working and others disappeared. Working on the assumption that the easiest solution is the best solution, I tried saving and committing my AA profile. My warlock was instantly cured! This should be pinned somewhere that is highly visible. I spent at least two hours trying to find an answer before I found this thread.