since EQ2 is a PVE game, why do you care how i get my gear so much?

Discussion in 'General Gameplay Discussion' started by Yannos, Sep 3, 2017.

1. The_Real_Wurm Well-Known Member

ToT was exactly that way. I started it on my inquisitor who is a solo only toon wearing a mix of mastercrafted and advance solo gear (fully adorned with the right adorns mind you) from AoM with no issues. She also had all her spells mastered which also makes a big difference.

And this isn't OT from the OP.

You made a claim that you "need" heroic gear to do ToT or KA solo content... and the fact is, no you do not.

Gear isn't everything, one has to make an effort in other areas to succeed.
  2. Nkito Well-Known Member

When raid or heroic encounters are tuned they are balanced against a certain level of gear being expected on us. Perhaps a side effect of so many bis items being obtainable solo is that there solo mobs expect it as well.
  3. Milchbart Active Member

@ Juraiya
    You are not totally wrong, but your point of view is not any longer justified. With a complete Talumbry solo gear, even with all adornments, the start in KA was quite hard. Thats the truth, but first I do not believe you started really with the best solo gear and second you have a lot of possibilities today to make your life easier.
    1. I have checked your gear. You have today a full set of twark amor and jewelry, but without any addornments and weapons lvl 95! That is why I believe your last equipments was not really on the level of talumbra. 95 is 3 years old and to take this or to use your naked hands makes no big difference.
    2. I can understand, why you are using no addornments. If you do not have the disloger, they are always lost, when you change an item. Dont worry, you can finish now or later with even better gear, the quest "ages end". It gives a disloger what you can use endlessly. The quest is looking difficult, because it is 100 epic x 2, but with KA gear you can solo or at least duo it easily. Read EQ2 wiki first, the dungeon has a skript, but nothing what you cannot do alone.
    3. Twark gear is enough to solo in KA, but it takes time, thats right. Obviously you have not done the weekly quests from summer event or the proving grounds. The weekly leads you in 50 % more potency (increase of deity points) and a full set of armor far better than twark. Each quest takes not more than 20 minutes and you do not have to fight one single time. Go to Yun Zi in Sundered Frontier, to start the quests.
    4. It is a proving ground available for soloers. You do not use your undergeared own toon. You get an avatar, with same stats for everybody. It takes 15 min to run one pg. You can do it with several toons and the reward is account wide. For each run you get 9 coins or 18 if you are a member. For only 50 to 75 coins you can purchase fabled items, better than most of the raidgear. (that is just the point of discussion here!)
    5. You can buy or craft at least one set of new purple addornments. It will increase your abilitymodifier from 80,000 to 180,000.

Really everybody should do the summer event and maybe you can add at least 1 ring from PG. This will take you not more than 3 or 4 hours and again potency will increase from 500 from twark-ring to 1500. With summer event weeklys and a minimum grinding in PG, you can easily double your stats! With more grinding and addornments you would triple them.
  4. Milchbart Active Member

@ Juraiya again
    I have forgotten, with summer weekly quests you get also 1 ascencion class 5 levels for free! These spells kill every solo mob, including the named in advanced solo dungeons, with one shot!
  5. ruthless619 Member

Players like you are the reason why MMORPG's are just glorified single player games with public chat lobby. Solo players are a bane on mmorpg's period. Catering you types ruined this game.
  6. The_Real_Wurm Well-Known Member

No not really, all types of players are needed to make MMORPGs work.
    Sambril, Ceyllynn, Rhodris and 2 others like this.
  7. Twinbladed Well-Known Member

Not everyone is pleased with just gear, but now you have to focus on just gear, the skill of the game is gone, and a terrible player can press one button and jump up 6 places on their parces, things like this FORCE you to care about your gear. I don't know anything about solo players, personally this game is not appealing when you are not with other people. They took out everything that made the players think, and added in face rolling, so the result is gear hunger more than ever.
    Mizgamer62 likes this.
  8. Konc3pt Active Member

OP is trolling harder than I do

Bravo