Silent Fist Kata?

Discussion in 'Monk' started by ARCHIVED-Javnar, Nov 21, 2004.

1. ARCHIVED-Javnar Guest

Anyone know what merchant you can purchase this off of?

Thanks

Javnar 21 Monk of Befallen
  2. ARCHIVED-Javnar Guest

Found it thanks to a fellow monk named Daimian. It is off of Trainer Guilot in The Elddar Grove.
  3. ARCHIVED-Gaige Guest

Can you automatically sribe appII? It isn't in my knowledge list.
  4. ARCHIVED-FitzChevalerie Guest

It's a "fun" spell. There is no Tier for this type of spells and you have to buy them to get them.
  5. ARCHIVED-Taedaen Guest

so this spell does nothing? its for having a cool animation. because when i use it it says my form changes. notice when i fight hand to hand i stand diffrent but im gussing thats just because im a monk now?

i dont see why they didnt acually make "forms" like this that gives offences or defensive increases. or atleast it changes your stance, like someone using kung fu to fight would look diffrent then someone using karate.
  6. ARCHIVED-Loneni Guest

yep. all it does is perform a demonstration of your skills against an imaginary opponent.
  7. ARCHIVED-Evanas Guest

That sounds cool. I cant wait to get to level 21.
    Well, if you have done Karate or some martial arts before you know the meaning of the word Kata. It is a fight presentation with an imaginary enemy. Some are so cool they are breathtaking.
  8. ARCHIVED-Taedaen Guest

ah intresting Evanas i didnt know kata ment that.
  9. ARCHIVED-Pilijer Guest

Anyone tried using it in an encounter ?? Perhaps it is like "Intinidate" was in EQ Live ?? Acts as a fear spell ??
  10. ARCHIVED-Santsu Guest

I tried it on a mob today nothing happens, its only for show but it's really cool. I just hope they have a few more that i can get. It would be nice to have a small set of kata to use, even if it is just for fun.
    Message Edited by Santsu on 11-24-2004 05:00 PM
  11. ARCHIVED-Richai Guest

i wanna be a monk :(

level 16 atm
  12. ARCHIVED-Monk1981 Guest

The Kata is to short!! 3 kicks, and some bellyslapping w00t ;)

still a fine idea, i hope there some more for higher lvls, like crane, mantis....
  13. ARCHIVED-Gamepsychotic Guest

well. you do fight differently when you go no weapons/fist wrap style. nice to view something more "monkish"
  14. ARCHIVED-Renclaw Guest

For me at level 22, SFK does about 150 damage (cumulatively) and uses no power. If you try to begin an encounter with SFK, it does no damage but goes through the animations. It's a bit slow, but I consider it free damage every 25 seconds.

I'm not as disappointed with it as when I believed it to be just for show.
  15. ARCHIVED-Coraz2 Guest

....uh... I just attacked a solo yellow mob and hit SFK and it did nothing. I have no idea what you're talking about.
  16. ARCHIVED-Renclaw Guest

Hmmm. I used it all last night and the damage was there - it did nothing only when I started the attack with SFK. I added up the damage with each move, hence my 150 damage approximation.

It is possible I'm completely wrong all together. I'll test it again in a couple of hours when I get home. *shrug*
  17. ARCHIVED-Renclaw Guest

Ok. Sitting here thinking about it, I believe I know my error. (Oh why did I make this my first post? *grin* ) Basically, it's a case of wanting to see something useful about SFK, that just isn't there. I didn't take into consideration that SFK hijacks my other animations, and what I most likely am seeing is just my normal melee damage (no specials) uncannily timed to the movements of the kata. That would explain the no damage until after I start an attack with another ability.

My apologies to anyone I gave false hope to.

-Ren