Signature by Rosemar

Discussion in 'Signatures' started by ARCHIVED-MzMonday, May 14, 2009.

1. ARCHIVED-MzMonday Guest

Perhaps I should have titled this thread "the evolution of my first daz/photoshop sig", as it seems to be changing rather rapidly.

I decided to go ahead and download daz studio, dust off photoshop, and play around a bit. I still have a great deal to learn with both programs. This signature is the first in which I used both daz (for the figure itself) and photoshop (yes, I drew the tattoo). I am pretty happy with how it turned out, nothing compared to some of the signatures I see on these forums, but it was really fun to make. I was going to add a border but I just couldn't get it to look "just so" and I left it off.

Here she is, my alternate character ~ wood elf ranger named Vyne (yes, she is bald and tattood in game as well, it's how I chose her name )

[IMG]

Feedback and constructive criticism is welcome.

** Edited to add: The beautiful signature at the bottom of this post is one created by Vanesse, it is not one of my creations; I am not that skilled.
  2. ARCHIVED-phatd42 Guest

Its really a great first try hun! Nice work!

Its my personal opinion that sigs dont always need borders hehe.. I used to do them all the time.. and occasionally ill add something very subtle or simple.. but most times I try to do an extremely subtle "framing" using objects or shadows within the images, so that your attention is still drawn inward, but its not overly busy with added detail all around the edges :)
  3. ARCHIVED-bellemort Guest

Vanesse@Vox wrote:
    I agree wholeheartedly, sometimes a border on a signature is wholly inappropriate and even at times will detract from the final image. However, I think its definitely a good idea to play around with the borders and see if one is going to work with the current project.
    And thats a beautiful Sig Rose, very simple yet elegant. Excellent work!
  4. ARCHIVED-MzMonday Guest

I edited out the first two versions of the signature, but the original remains. Now I just need to make some time to finish the other two I am working on ;)