Sign of Weakness - No eligible target

Discussion in 'Templar' started by ARCHIVED-Gwynet, Dec 6, 2004.

1. ARCHIVED-Gwynet Guest

Am I the only one getting this message about 1/3 of the time on single target encounters?
  2. ARCHIVED-Zabumtik Guest

I have not encountered this problem yet. When do you get the message when the spell hits or when you're hitting the hotkey to cast it? Who do you have targetted? The tank I assume? Or the critter? I can test it out a bit and see what happens given your scenario.

I do notice on group encounters that if I cast sign and the target the tank has drops before sign finishes casting, I'll get a "Target is not Alive" or some such message. If I'm relying on the tank's targetting by keeping him targetted. I'm guessing that if you try to cast it with a tank that's targetting himself for a ward or self buff of some sort you might get this message if you try to cast sign at the same time.
    Message Edited by Zabumtik on 12-06-2004 11:11 PM
  3. ARCHIVED-Ondal Guest

No, not if the tank has someone targeted and I have the tank on target.
    What I do get is the text message saying I've rebuked, weakende or marked the tank, however the graphics shows it's the opponent getting hit, you know, they get surrounded by white light for a brief period. Maybe I should text bug that...
  4. ARCHIVED-Gwynet Guest

No, I have the mob on target when it happens. It happened to me about 10 times yesterday, on mobs I really needed to debuff, and with the long recast time (because even though you get that message and no icon, it still acts as if the spell was used), it makes things pretty hard.

Anyone else?
  5. ARCHIVED-khrokhro Guest

I have never gotten this No eligible target message with sign of weakness or any other debuffs (I debuff pretty much everything I can) on single target encounters.

However I get this message quite often on encounters with a lot of mobs. I usually cast all my debuffs while targeting the MT so I don't know what s the status of the mob he targets. On encounters with a lot of mobs each one has few HP so it gets killed fast, so the mob has the time to die between when i started to cast and when it finished to cast. I am pretty sure it caused all my "no eligible target" messages.

It never happened to me with a mob still on target when the spell completes.
  6. ARCHIVED-Gwynet Guest

If the mob is dead when you cast it, you get the 'your target is dead' message. If you get the 'no eligible target' message while targetting the tank, it must be the same bug as mine. If the tank happens to have a target that isn't a mob, you should get 'not an enemy'.
  7. ARCHIVED-Kyliegirl Guest

I just hate when you are doing group encounters and just weaken while you're targeting the tank and they kill the MOB so you have no eligible mob... probably my poor targeting but still an annoyance, hard to filter through the mobs to decide which one won't die after the cast.
  8. ARCHIVED-Piany Guest

Can't say I've ever experienced this.
  9. ARCHIVED-Gwynet Guest

Starting to think I am the bugged one lol :( Hasn't happened in a couple days though...
  10. ARCHIVED-Ockod Guest

I got this message a while ago when I still grouped with other healers, now I prefer being the only healer in group. I am not sure if I remember every fact right, but those are my conclusions:

It normally happened to me when there was another templar in my group. I guess you get the mesage no eligible target if the ather healer has a better version of the spell and finished his cast before you finish yours. I think I sometimes got the message "would not take effect" when I tried to cast it, meaning that the other templar already used that spell (= finished his cast). In some cases I suppose he started casting it. Because he didn't finish it yet, I was able to cast mine, but when I finished mine, his was already cast and there were no targets I could cast my weaker spell upon anymore.