Should a pre-order of Reign of Shadows unlock older expansions right away?

Discussion in 'Players Supporting Players' started by Valonia, Nov 11, 2020.

1. Valonia New Member

Basically what the thread title says. I have pre-ordered the upcoming expansion and was under the impression that this would unlock the older expansions up to Blood of Luclin right away. Is this not the case or do I maybe have to wait some time before everything is unlocked?

So far I still cannot access any of the post AoM zones, Overseer page says I need Blood of Luclin and the /show_account_features command only shows stuff up to AoM.
  2. Mercychalice Well-Known Member

It should unlock as soon as it's been paid for. The quickest test is taking a wiz spire to Plane of Magic since no pre-requirements were needed for that zone. If you can't get there, you might want to create a support ticket and add picture files to it to send them a copy of your digital receipt, a copy of your credit transaction to show money was taken, and a list of your account features and have them look at it.
    Breanna likes this.
  3. Dude Well-Known Member

There is some sort of issue that some people are having. On Discord, Dreamweaver has been directing people to contact customer support to have it resolved.
    Breanna likes this.
  4. Valonia New Member

Looks like I'll have to wait a bit to see if the payment really went through and then get in contact with support. Thank you both for the information!
    Dude and Breanna like this.
  5. Mumdien New Member

I am having the same problem. Guess I will contact technical support as my payment has went through. I have contacted my bank today.
    Dude likes this.
  6. Eskalon New Member

Hi,

I have the same problem. I bought the pre-order after being convinced by the free experience and since... I don't know what to do to see if the purchase worked.

1. I can't access the Plane of Magic zone or the Blinding zone, with a message "You do not meet the entrance requirement".
    2. I can (and started using) the Overseer feature
    3. I can't train my mount, as the game says "the Chaos descending expansion is required to use this feature".

I am not sure of what I should be able to access at this point... If the Overseer feature didn't work, I'd conclude that the purchase process didn't work or the account wasn't updated. But it is... and I still can't access BoL zones (maybe due to not trying with a level 100 character?). Should the mount training feature work? How can I test if I should just wait for RoS to be released?
  7. Sigrdrifa EQ2 Wiki Author

If you reverse the charges, you will be banned, just as a heads up. (Not arguing for or against the Chargeback Policy, just noting that it exists.)

The current problems are not actually Daybreak's fault. It's their CDN provider. There's announcements about this in the News forum here, but I grabbed these from Discord as it was easiest to snaffle all of it at once there.

November 11, 2020
    [10:56 AM] SERVER EverQuest 2 #announcements-and-news: Ops is looking into the error that players are having with the launcher on live and beta. I do not have an ETA but will let you all know when one is available.

[11:59 AM] SERVER EverQuest 2 #announcements-and-news: Per a member of our engineering team. - "the patcher issues seem to be service provider level networking issues, it's being sorted but it may take a while beta gets updated daily, but is also getting affect by this issue so that may be a moment"

[4:50 PM] SERVER EverQuest 2 #announcements-and-news: Our CDN provider is still working to solve the issue. We apologize for the inconvenience and hope to get you in game as soon as possible if you are experiencing errors.

[6:15 PM] SERVER EverQuest 2 #announcements-and-news: CDN Update, our ops and engineering teams are still working with the provider. Still no ETA at this time, thank you for your patience and understanding.

[9:03 PM] SERVER EverQuest 2 #announcements-and-news: The ops and engineering teams are still working with our provider on this ongoing issue. There is no ETA at this time for the affected players.

November 12, 2020
    [1:25 AM] SERVER EverQuest 2 #announcements-and-news: The ops and engineering teams work with our CDN provider is still ongoing. There is no ETA at the time. Thank you for your patience while they continue to work on this issue.

[9:36 AM] SERVER EverQuest 2 #announcements-and-news: Due to ongoing issues at our CDN provider players may be unable to access Kaladim, Live Servers, or Beta. Our ops and engineering teams are still working with the provider. There is no updated ETA at this time.

November 13, 2020
    [10:54 AM] SERVER EverQuest 2 #announcements-and-news: As of 8:55 AM PST, the issues with our CDN Provider are still ongoing and being worked on by our ops and engineering teams. There is no ETA at this time.

[6:09 PM] SERVER EverQuest 2 #announcements-and-news: While at this time there is no ETA, the teams have a potential fix in place that is progressing well and is good news towards an overall solution to the issue, it is a long process however and I will likely continue to update throughout the weekend.

November 14, 2020
    [11:05 AM] SERVER EverQuest 2 #announcements-and-news: Morning All, the fix being executed by the teams is non-final with adjustments being made that may alleviate the issues for some players. At this time, we are not going to announce that all accounts are able to access with 100% surety so work is ongoing. Thank you for your patience.
  8. Kuulei Well-Known Member

Breanna and Dude like this.
  9. Gawronich Member

10. Laydlack New Member

[IMG]

Nice Fix. Good jobs.
  11. Laydlack New Member

And on the beta test everything works as it should.
  12. Gawronich Member

Everything was corrected quite quickly. Thanks.
    Dude likes this.